Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

They used the HAARP so the USSR and China once claimed to cause Earthquakes in Afghanistan. Also heard some freaks saying they did the same with Haiti. Freaking crazy people out there! Live on a fault line and its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. Still waiting for CA to fall into the ocean.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #30
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Boy this thread turned a different corner.

First, you can't prove a negative. Prove there isn't an "earthquake weapon". You can say how difficult it might be, and what it would take to do it, but you can't prove it doesn't exist....................just not very like that it does. Hey, lets toss a bone to the conspiricy theorists.

Second, I would hope a country that was smart enough to develop an "earthquake weapon" would be smart enough to test it somewhere where a) the American People wouldn't follow up with millions and millions in donations in an economy that needs that money here not counting the tax payer dollars on top or b) there was some strategic value for the American People, i.e. as suggested Terrorist Hideouts and such.

It seems to me that the Bikini Atol was cleared of civilians prior to the testing of Nuclear Weapons..............of course hard to miss a 10 mile high mushroom cloud. "Oh that's just a big BBQ party we were throwing. Sorry we forgot to invite you".

But to put it in perspective, the TNT equivalent:

Let's take a look at the seismic wave energy yielded by our two examples, in comparison to that of a number of earthquakes and other phenomena. For this we'll use a larger unit of energy, the seismic energy yield of quantities of the explosive TNT (We assume one ounce of TNT exploded below ground yields 640 million ergs of seismic wave energy):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richter TNT for Seismic Example
Magnitude Energy Yield (approximate)

-1.5 6 ounces Breaking a rock on a lab table
1.0 30 pounds Large Blast at a Construction Site
1.5 320 pounds
2.0 1 ton Large Quarry or Mine Blast
2.5 4.6 tons
3.0 29 tons
3.5 73 tons
4.0 1,000 tons Small Nuclear Weapon
4.5 5,100 tons Average Tornado (total energy)
5.0 32,000 tons
5.5 80,000 tons Little Skull Mtn., NV Quake, 1992
6.0 1 million tons Double Spring Flat, NV Quake, 1994
6.5 5 million tons Northridge, CA Quake, 1994
7.0 32 million tons Hyogo-Ken Nanbu, Japan Quake, 1995; Largest Thermonuclear Weapon
7.5 160 million tons Landers, CA Quake, 1992
8.0 1 billion tons San Francisco, CA Quake, 1906
8.5 5 billion tons Anchorage, AK Quake, 1964
9.0 32 billion tons Chilean Quake, 1960
10.0 1 trillion tons (San-Andreas type fault circling Earth)
12.0 160 trillion tons (Fault Earth in half through center,
OR Earth's daily receipt of solar energy)
Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hey, lets toss a bone to the conspiricy theorists.
But its more entertaining to watch them argue against logic.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Screw college. I'm getting smarter here on C5. Good stuff.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #33
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
You can't prove a weather weapon exists.

But you can prove this:

Bill Clinton is the UN Special Envoy to Haiti
It is well known Haiti has a huge oil reserve and (gold, and long list of mineral deposits/wealth)
The 5th largest US Embassy ever built is located in Haiti
Haiti has cheap labor/privatized ports perfect for huge ships
Located perfectly between Cuba and Venezuela

IF THE Earthquake was a natural disaster, so be it, but the US/UN are going to Outlandishly reap the benefits if they occupy that area for the next 100 years. (not that there's anything wrong with that. they likely will rebuild the area and turn it into the next 51st state of the U.S.). Someone has to go in there and organize that area/try to help save lives, etc. Who would not be happier to help them and take possession of their land?, relocate companies there, build an oil refinery, etc.) We are happy to help you. We are happy that you are dirt poor and have no military to protect you. We will fix your nation and you will bow down to us now and obey us. (Avatar part 2) People have probably been staring at their watches waiting for the earthquake so they can have an excuse to take over. (oh no this wasn't planned out 40 years ago....no....no....no way.....)

don't forget to go to white house. gov to donate to helping uhmmm (Haiti ?) ..send cash only (exact words of G.W. Bush)

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 01-26-2010 at 08:34 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote