Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #29
kuulkatdadieo
Stang Killer

Drives: 1989 Pontaic Trans Am GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09fathomgreen View Post
Yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and e-mailed a dealership other than the one in my town to find out if they have any information on the Camaro. I e-mailed Hambleton-Lagreca Chevrolet in Hutchinson, KS, and promptly had one of their salesman call me on the phone.
He said they already have a waiting list, and $5,000 will get you on that list, and guarantee you are one of the first to get a Camaro. Also, he said they should know by Christmas what options and colors will be available, and how much they should cost.
I live in northwest Kansas, and he said the dealership here will probably not even get a Camaro on the lot when they come out. (I knew that already, because the owner said it would probably take them several months to get one, if they get any at all in the beginning.)
I decided to e-mail Hambleton-Lagreca because that is where my family bought its last couple of new cars, and they also advertise their new cars at $500 under the suggested retail price.
Just thought I would pass along what I found out Friday, and hope it's useful to someone.
So did you send in your deposit??
Old 08-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I wouldn't. Wait it out....we all want it bad, but don't put your money in someone elses hands so they can let the interest grow and make even more money off of ya!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I wouldn't. Wait it out....we all want it bad, but don't put your money in someone elses hands so they can let the interest grow and make even more money off of ya!
And I'm sure that's exactly what they're doing. A years intrest on all those deposits that people give them would be outrageous...I'll wait, thank you, Mr. Dealership...
Old 08-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #32
ChevyLee
SS Chevy

Drives: Chevy Cheyenne Truck
Before i sell my truck and put any money down to this new camaro im going to test drive it to make sure its worth it lol. And then special order it. and im waiting for the ss or z28
ChevyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #33
09fathomgreen

Drives: 1997 Ford
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulkatdadieo View Post
So did you send in your deposit??
No, I didn't. Any extra cash I have is going towards buying the car itself, not getting on the list. I don't care about being first, I just want to make sure I get the Camaro I want.
09fathomgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09fathomgreen View Post
No, I didn't. Any extra cash I have is going towards buying the car itself, not getting on the list. I don't care about being first, I just want to make sure I get the Camaro I want.
IMO, that's the best attitude to have. As long as you get it!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Right! I don't want to have the first off the lot. I'm going to want a car that is truly Mine! So that means ordering it during a special event...

EDIT: Btw...I drove past a local Chevy Dealer...and they have this HUGE 20' x20' Camaro poster hanging up in their 3-story showroom. :eek:
Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #36
cwcastle

Drives: 1968 camaro, 2005 rsx-type s
meh...

I disagree. So long as the deposit is fully refundable I see no reason to not do it. I did it months ago, its only 500.00 and it gives me a 100% opportunity to get it as soon as the dealership starts taking offers (which I was told would be the end of Sep.) So I got my recipe, they did pretty much guarantee me a 5k-10k markup which is crap, but I still did it, I think if the markup is only 2500 (I can wish right?) markup I can deal with it, 5k MAYBE but 10k hell no ill wait another 6 months to get mine.

I have a gen1 camaro so I should be happy, but the new camaro looks so freakin sexy I can't wait.
cwcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #37
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcastle View Post
meh...

I disagree. So long as the deposit is fully refundable I see no reason to not do it. I did it months ago, its only 500.00 and it gives me a 100% opportunity to get it as soon as the dealership starts taking offers (which I was told would be the end of Sep.) So I got my recipe, they did pretty much guarantee me a 5k-10k markup which is crap, but I still did it, I think if the markup is only 2500 (I can wish right?) markup I can deal with it, 5k MAYBE but 10k hell no ill wait another 6 months to get mine.

I have a gen1 camaro so I should be happy, but the new camaro looks so freakin sexy I can't wait.
Local dealer to me is taking $500 totally refundable deposit to be on the list to order a Camaro.

But they also stated their policy is to limit 'hot' cars to MSRP. No markup.

I may go ahead and do it myself.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote