Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #183
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Thanks for asking and that's great news that you might be able to pick yours up tomorrow and hopefully you will post pictures. I guess a little rain won't hurt it...at least it isn't snow/salt.

I had this conversation with Becky today and hopefully I'll have some news tomorrow even though GMCconnects is still showing 4B00 as of 5:05 this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Still bayed Jerry. Ask the dealer to make a call or try
customer service 800-222-1020 and see if they can give
you any additional info. Good luck

Thanks Becky, I did call my salesman and he felt I'd get more traction if I called customer service myself. So I did and explained what I wanted and was then transferred to Canada customer service. I explained the whole thing again. The lady said she would check for me and put me on hold. Without telling me, she transferred me back to US customer service where I had to explain it for the third time. This time I was put on hold again and the guy came back and told me my car was put on a train today. Just something about the way he said it didn't generate a lot of confidence. Hopefully he has his facts right and you will have good news for me in the morning. Jerry.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #184
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Z2812TBD View Post
It's here! Dealer called today, and I can hopefully pick it up tomorrow. A guy is putting the tint and clear bra on before it leaves the dealer. Too bad the weather looks rotten for the next week here, but I'll take that too - we badly need the rain.

Any word on yours Jerry?
Congrats!!!! make sure you post up some pics, rain or shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
Thanks for asking and that's great news that you might be able to pick yours up tomorrow and hopefully you will post pictures. I guess a little rain won't hurt it...at least it isn't snow/salt.

I had this conversation with Becky today and hopefully I'll have some news tomorrow even though GMCconnects is still showing 4B00 as of 5:05 this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Still bayed Jerry. Ask the dealer to make a call or try
customer service 800-222-1020 and see if they can give
you any additional info. Good luck

Thanks Becky, I did call my salesman and he felt I'd get more traction if I called customer service myself. So I did and explained what I wanted and was then transferred to Canada customer service. I explained the whole thing again. The lady said she would check for me and put me on hold. Without telling me, she transferred me back to US customer service where I had to explain it for the third time. This time I was put on hold again and the guy came back and told me my car was put on a train today. Just something about the way he said it didn't generate a lot of confidence. Hopefully he has his facts right and you will have good news for me in the morning. Jerry.
Jerry, Tuesdays around 0830 was a day and time I think I always got an update so hopefully you'll have some good news in the morning.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #185
78Z2812TBD

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS vert
Same here - I still show as Bayed, but the car was delivered to the dealer first thing this morning. Good luck in the morning Jerry!
78Z2812TBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #186
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
congrats!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #187
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

I woke up this morning to great news!!! GM Connects updated at 5:00AM and I read it at 6:00AM. So the car is finally on a train and hopefully it'll be in my garage by Christmas. I was worried about it because a guy on the 11/7 TPW thread saw his car sit on the parking lot in Oshawa for 26 days before it moved. I don't know why my car shows bayed twice, but I'm not complaining.
11/30/2011 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
12/12/2011 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
12/12/2011
(4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).

SpeedTrap47 did your car arrive at the dealer yet?

Jerry
Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #188
SpeedTrap47

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Cadillac SRX, Silverado
No not yet
Mine is somewhere between Columbia SC and the dealer

12/10/2011(4800) Rail ramp unload. Vehicle has been unloaded from train.

12/10/2011(4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.

If it comes in this week it will be 8 weeks since I placed the order

Last edited by SpeedTrap47; 12-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
SpeedTrap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #189
78Z2812TBD

It's home! I brought it home last night. I probably hold the world record for shortest drive after car pickup. I wasn't expecting to leave the dealer with the car when I went to see it, and ended up late to get my wife from her office to go to a function across the metroplex. I drove 0.2 miles to her office to get her, and left my new baby in her office lot (in a pretty safe place) and we took her car from there. I did enjoy the drive home later last night, and will get pics up as soon as the weather clears up (still raining/drizzling in Plano)! After my initial inspection, the car looks great, but I did notice a small loose spot in the vert top, and the same imperfect (not completely flat) leather seats that others have mentioned in these forums. Go figure - that's what I get for picking up the car on the 13th. I have not been able to cycle the top yet (weather). Clear bra is already on, and the tint goes on next week. I did get the skip shift once, and hope I get the skip shift eliminator for Christmas! The HUD is interesting - I had HUD on my 2000 vette, but didn't get the song names displayed on it when they changed.

Speedtrap - I placed my order with my dealer 10/16, it got entered into the system on 10/18 I think, so not much faster than yours - good luck this week!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #190
78Z2812TBD

Jerry - don't forget to track it on the rail system!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #191
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

78Z2812TBD It's home! I brought it home last night. I probably hold the world record for shortest drive after car pickup. I wasn't expecting to leave the dealer with the car when I went to see it, and ended up late to get my wife from her office to go to a function across the metroplex. I drove 0.2 miles to her office to get her, and left my new baby in her office lot (in a pretty safe place) and we took her car from there. I did enjoy the drive home later last night, and will get pics up as soon as the weather clears up (still raining/drizzling in Plano)! After my initial inspection, the car looks great, but I did notice a small loose spot in the vert top, and the same imperfect (not completely flat) leather seats that others have mentioned in these forums. Go figure - that's what I get for picking up the car on the 13th. I have not been able to cycle the top yet (weather). Clear bra is already on, and the tint goes on next week. I did get the skip shift once, and hope I get the skip shift eliminator for Christmas! The HUD is interesting - I had HUD on my 2000 vette, but didn't get the song names displayed on it when they changed.

Speedtrap - I placed my order with my dealer 10/16, it got entered into the system on 10/18 I think, so not much faster than yours - good luck this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Z2812TBD View Post
Jerry - don't forget to track it on the rail system!
I'm glad you got the car last night. The fun is about to begin!!! I hadn't heard anything about problems with the leather seats. I did a search on camaro5.com and didn't find anything. I don't understand what you mean about "flat"????

I did start tracking mine yesterday and it seemed to be moving quickly. It arrived in Detroit early this morning where it sits as of noon EST today. Hopefully it starts moving again real soon and I can sure see where calling the number can be addictive.

Jerry
Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #192
78Z2812TBD

I read a couple other threads or comments before on the 45th seats in particular. Someone even posted some decent pics - I will do that too soon. The 45th leather seats are not perforated like the others. Some of them look like someone has been sitting in them - kind of loose, and not stretched flat like you would expect. The demo I drove looked fine - mine not so much.

Glad your car is making progress!

Jack
Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #193
SpeedTrap47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post

Jerry
Still waiting on mine, maybe this weekend....
Old 12-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #194
SpeedTrap47

Camaro finally arrived Thursday, dealer options are being installed. Wife had surgery on Friday and is now immobile, can't drive for 4 days or so. My aftermarket mods are arriving daily. Looks like I'll be able to pick it up early in the week, once the logistics of driving 60 miles to the dealer are worked out.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #195
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrap47 View Post
Camaro finally arrived Thursday, dealer options are being installed. Wife had surgery on Friday and is now immobile, can't drive for 4 days or so. My aftermarket mods are arriving daily. Looks like I'll be able to pick it up early in the week, once the logistics of driving 60 miles to the dealer are worked out.
CONGRATS Speedtrap, I know it's been a long wait for you too. Hope your wife feels better quickly and you have that new car home for Christmas! I look forward to the pictures. If I was up there, I'd give you a ride to the dealer!

I had originally hoped I'd have my car by the second week in December. I was relieved to see it finally leave the plant on 12/12 and changed my expectations and began to hope I'd at least have it by Christmas. But the car has been, like yours, moving at an excruciatingly slow, snail pace. For example, it's been sitting in the rail yard in Louisville KY for over 24 hours now. As each hour goes by, my hopes for a special Christmas present are growing dimmer. I imagine CSX will either really speed up in the next couple days trying to deliver their loads, or they'll really slow down as Christmas draws near.
:(
Jerry
Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #196
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

There are no rail lines near me. My car has been sitting on a railcar in Louisville KY since 8AM Friday (12/16). Does anyone know if freight trains run on the weekend and did you guys see your cars sit in rail yards for extended periods?

Jerry