Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #43
jaggedx

Drives: Lots of stuff plus a 2012 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Ask Brandon.....
All joking aside, mine does the same thing.. Haven't taken it to the dealer I was waiting for other owner's results.
BTW? You know Brandon?
jaggedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #44
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
I had a couple times when my ZL1 A/C acted up. It would blow warm for a while. My 2010 SS never does this though. Now I'm doing mods to the ZL1 and one of them is a 4" thick heat exchanger in front of the A/C condenser so I'm sure if I have A/C issues from here on, they'll blame it on my mods.

Oh well.
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #45
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
[QUOTE=jaggedx;5297977]Frustration process has begun!

Took it in today after talking to the service writer last week, He gave me the option to wait for his "Lead Guy" to check it out and since it is about a 30 mile drive I opted to wait.

about 90 minutes of playing around on my Smart phone and the service writer found me and said "your all set".
Cool, Right? .... Wrong!

He informs me..... and I quote, " NO PROBLEM FOUND AT THIS TIME" as written on my service invoice. He then goes on to tell me "we have had lots of problems lately with A/C cause it's really hot you know?"

So on the drive home I turned off the radio and payed very close attention to the A/C and noticed that in addition to the intermitent problem that several owners including me have been discussing here I also noticed that the blower speed and output air temperature fluctuates randomly while driving.

Today it was about 104 here and a little humid. The air barely keeps up on the highest setting.

On a day like today I run my duramax air at between 1/2-3/4 speed and my face gets kind of cold.

Bottom line, Problem exists and dealer did not have a clue how to fix or even diagnose.

If your fan and temp are fluctuating, the service guys say it's good, take the service writer for a ride and show him what it's doing. If can see what it is doing, then there can be no "it's all good, no problem found answer". I've done this before and has worked for me every time. Sometimes it takes the best diagnostic guy they have to find.... you know, a tech that uses more than a computer to figure it out.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #46
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
which dealer did you go to? Depending on which side of the valley your on, hit up Midway (ask for Rick) or go to Superstition Springs where I get my work done, had my dash, cat back exhaust, and hvac blower motor replaced there with no issue (just don't deal with the parts counter guys, they are dorks).
Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #47
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedx View Post
BTW? You know Brandon?
Not at all.. Im convinced he is not real..
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedx View Post
Frustration process has begun!

Took it in today after talking to the service writer last week, He gave me the option to wait for his "Lead Guy" to check it out and since it is about a 30 mile drive I opted to wait.

about 90 minutes of playing around on my Smart phone and the service writer found me and said "your all set".
Cool, Right? .... Wrong!

He informs me..... and I quote, " NO PROBLEM FOUND AT THIS TIME" as written on my service invoice. He then goes on to tell me "we have had lots of problems lately with A/C cause it's really hot you know?"

So on the drive home I turned off the radio and payed very close attention to the A/C and noticed that in addition to the intermitent problem that several owners including me have been discussing here I also noticed that the blower speed and output air temperature fluctuates randomly while driving.

Today it was about 104 here and a little humid. The air barely keeps up on the highest setting.

On a day like today I run my duramax air at between 1/2-3/4 speed and my face gets kind of cold.

Bottom line, Problem exists and dealer did not have a clue how to fix or even diagnose.

Not sure what to do next.
I am sorry to hear the frustrations that you are experiencing, especially in this heat! If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I would like to look into this and see if there are any options available to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #49
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
I experianced this problem here in the desert and during my trip to California last week. It's not the AZ heat there is something wrong with the AC my wifes 2010 L99 SS does not do this and my 2010 SS LS3 never did this either.

I just dropped my ZL1 off with Eric at Tempe Chapman we'll see if they can get this and a couple of other issues fixed.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #50
itsadryheat79

Well Chapman did not find a fix for the AC.

They could not duplicate the a/c concern. They evacuated the Freon and took a measurement and it had the proper amount, checked with GM for and TSB’S or programs, none

My wifes 2010 SS has great A/C performance I just wish the ZL1 could be the same.
I hope someone on here finds a dealer that can repeat the problem and properly diagnose it.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #51
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
My car is too scared to come to Arizona 3800 since 19 June.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #52
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
These ACs aren't that good My SS in 95 doesn't do much at all when I get my ZL1 next year I may just take it out for weight reduction (Speaking of which I wonder how much it would take off)
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #53
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Well Chapman did not find a fix for the AC.

They could not duplicate the a/c concern. They evacuated the Freon and took a measurement and it had the proper amount, checked with GM for and TSB’S or programs, none

My wifes 2010 SS has great A/C performance I just wish the ZL1 could be the same.
I hope someone on here finds a dealer that can repeat the problem and properly diagnose it.
I apologize for the inconveniences that you may be experiencing with your a/c. If you would like to PM me your details, I will be able to look into this further. I need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #54
glc55

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
Well this will be my second time taking my 2010 SS Camaro within the last 60 days to Harbor Chevrolet for my A/C "it start off cold then starts blowing out warm air", hopefully they will get it right this time my appointment is for Saturday :(. GLC55
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #55
itsadryheat79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the inconveniences that you may be experiencing with your a/c. If you would like to PM me your details, I will be able to look into this further. I need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Who is this guy? Is this really someone from GM? Kinda looks fishy how I see this guy post and nothing really said about the poster being helpful. I have seen some post that he's a fake but he's got a lot of posts in his bio.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #56
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Who is this guy? Is this really someone from GM? Kinda looks fishy how I see this guy post and nothing really said about the poster being helpful. I have seen some post that he's a fake but he's got a lot of posts in his bio.
yea I dont get it eaither, glad you said somthing was always thinking the same thing, says nothing in each of his post, actully find it more annoying then anything...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote