Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #519
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone to the bowtie side View Post
Road Atlanta?? C5FV??

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
I would love to go to Road Atlanta, I'm not sure what CFI had in Georgia, but CFII had the 1 mile track, where you had to have an instructor in the car, that was fun 2 years ago, but I want to open my car up on a nice road course!

When the Fests are planned, I think drag racing is given a priority, only a handful of tracks offer a true road course and 1/4 strip.....Sedona in Arizona, various tracks in Socal, we have laguna seca, and infineon offers both a strip and road course!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #520
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Wow..the sky is falling lol..what a bunch of whiny babies. These guys bust there butts to put these events on and people bash because it's not convenient enough. I'm sure most of these people are not breaking the bank to help organize these events. I own my own business and this doesn't surprise me. You just can't make some people happy. You can give them something and they get pissed off.. Some of you just lost your man cards so give them up.. You don't deserve it..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #521
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
This is what every Fest needs! Forget the drag racing lol
Agreed

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #522
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Wow..the sky is falling lol..what a bunch of whiny babies. These guys bust there butts to put these events on and people bash because it's not convenient enough. I'm sure most of these people are not breaking the bank to help organize these events. I own my own business and this doesn't surprise me. You just can't make some people happy. You can give them something and they get pissed off.. Some of you just lost your man cards so give them up.. You don't deserve it..
You must not have read all of the previous posts and just read the last couple....call it what you want, the other side of the country (yes we have a TON of camaros out here too!) got the short end of the stick in having the missed out on the Fest 2 years in a row, of course we are going to be upset because it has been alternating locations the past 3 times.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #523
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
You must not have read all of the previous posts and just read the last couple....call it what you want, the other side of the country (yes we have a TON of camaros out here too!) got the short end of the stick in having the missed out on the Fest 2 years in a row, of course we are going to be upset because it has been alternating locations the past 3 times.
FWIW... the Fest has been a 2 day drive from Texas all 3 times. At least you got one on your side (within one day) and TX still had WAY more cars show up in Arizona than CA did. I think he read the thread just fine by himself.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #524
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
I vote for deleting the entire thread except the OP. and lock the damn thing. Good, bad, ugly, pissed off, pissed on... Delete it all. Makes EVERYONE look like a bunch of little bitches.

Just gonna post this again, cause I can.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #525
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
if you are thinking vegas in august, that would be miserable...average weather is 103f and can be 115, if unlucky...last time i went to vegas in august, i was walking the hoover dam and swore i melted half of my jordans on the asphalt walking...just consider a diff month if vegas is in consideration for a fest..last 4 years on august 5th ranged in temps of 105.1 to 107.6...i don,t think that would be fun temps to be outside all day, nor racing in those temps..just thought i would throw that out there..may in vegas would be ideal
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #526
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
if you are thinking vegas in august, that would be miserable...average weather is 103f and can be 115, if unlucky...last time i went to vegas in august, i was walking the hoover dam and swore i melted half of my jordans on the asphalt walking...just consider a diff month if vegas is in consideration for a fest..last 4 years on august 5th ranged in temps of 105.1 to 107.6...i don,t think that would be fun temps to be outside all day, nor racing in those temps..just thought i would throw that out there..may in vegas would be ideal
Yup... I said it in an earlier post... Vegas is just one example. Arizona, Texas, Georgia anywhere South and we have to go back to a Springtime fest which brings on a whole different thread. I can't wait for that one..
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #527
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
sorry, missed your post..now anyone who wants to have a good time in march and in the south east area, having possibly couple hundred camaro,s for the 2nd annual florida bash..here is link and not trying to hijack threads..just thought this would be a good oppurtunity to get some other members to join us for a good time and nice weather..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244491
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #528
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
BTW: My choice for FEST V is TEXAS, but I don't have a real vote.
First some comments about the 2013 event:

I am new here - only bought my SS convertible a couple of weeks ago but I come from being very acitve on some other car forums for over a dozen years - Prowler, SSR.. etc.

Having been involved with planning at least a half dozen National car events and coming from a full time profession for decades as a convention contractor - events the size of the Camaro Fest are best served starting planning at least two years in advance if possible and more than one year for sure. For example - my company is currently working on events scheduled to happen as far out as 2015, 2016 even out to 2018 - some venues/hotels already have contacts out as far as 2020. Finding a city/location/track etc. to host the Fest less than a year out is be commended.

The organizers here have found what appears to be the best option for hosting a great event. The dates and location will never suite everyone and that's to be expected. If you can make the event then please do so; if not, please understand these events are all about getting together and having fun. The cars - Camaros in this case -are just a means of bringing people together and forming new friendships and sharing in some good times.

Pete -as far as Texas goes, I am planning a Prowler National event in 2013 in Kerrville, Texas and would happy to discuss assisting with planning a Camaro event in Texas for the future whether it's a National or Regional event.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #529
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
It's amazing that an event like super Chevy can be held in las Vegas, but fest can't.

This year, I think 30 cars showed up for super Chevy. And the majority were from Cali doing the autocross. The whole track reserved for less than 50 chevy's. Lol. Maybe the mods any admin can talk to the people that hold super Chevy, and see if fest can take their slot next year. Lol
Yup, that was the So Cal Race Team you saw dominitating the Autocross...but Super Chevy isn't going back to Vegas next year...outside of the drag racing being pretty full and our group running in the Autocross, there were only another 30 cars at the car show Saturday....Vegas is a great venue, with lots of hotels....but I heard it is very expensive to rent...will see...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #530
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
got the short end of the stick in having the missed out on the Fest 2 years in a row, of course we are going to be upset because it has been alternating locations the past 3 times.
Maybe step back and look at the big picture.... It appears to me from the tidbits of information that have been provided there is more going on than what is easily seen at this time. Going back to Indy this year may not be the most convenient for everyone this year buuuuuuuut it's early "set time" free's man power up to start looking at future events. When they can start planning the fest 1-2 years out, A LOT more venues will be easier to obtain.

Obviously this is just my opinion as I don't know the future plans.... But it appears to me that this year's fest is helping to set up future events.... Maybe even a set rotation.

As our motto has been around here for year's..... Let's "Keep the Faith"
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #531
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
Soooo, who's going to be the person to start the Camaro5Fest V Location Nomination??

See you all in Indy for '13
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #532
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by avellanet.jr View Post
Soooo, who's going to be the person to start the Camaro5Fest V Location Nomination??

See you all in Indy for '13
Somebody already tried that....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote