Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-08-2017, 01:55 AM   #1
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
U HAUL auto transport is not an option

Did my brake and rear diff fluids, grabbed a UHaul auto transport and had my wife direct me up onto the trailer. Well, turns out the car DOES fit, just like the UHaul computers state, but to get it to fit you literally need to ha e all four tires rubbing against the runners. I don't really know how I drove it onto the trailer with zero room on either side.

So.. I'll be missing at least one session tomorrow at Laguna while I'm getting a spare tire put on at a shop first thing in the morning. So glad I had that spare.

So yeah, no Uhauls.
Attached Images

evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:23 AM   #2
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
Oh my god..... so sorry I'd cry.........
1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #3
ckahsen

Drives: 2014 LS
That is one of the saddest pictures I've seen in quite some time. Sorry you had to endure this!

Are you planning on getting the rash fixed on the wheels?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
ckahsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #4
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
U haul has two types of car trailers, the orange colored ones are the standard ones and the silver ones are the "late" model trailers that have a wider width for modern cars. The silver one probably would have been wide enough.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
evanescent03

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
U haul has two types of car trailers, the orange colored ones are the standard ones and the silver ones are the "late" model trailers that have a wider width for modern cars. The silver one probably would have been wide enough.
This was the only one they had and I was assured it would fit.... I've used them before to haul my 2016 M3 and 2002 M3 before that. The issues I've had in the past were clearance issue at the front bumper (resolve by adding wood under tires for height) and I also scraped the bottom of my 2002 M3 when transitioning from the ramps to the trailer ... it's always something with these trailers, time to get myself a decent aluminum featherlight or something I guess.

And yes, I am planning on getting everything fixed eventually.. probably will be a while since I won't have much free time the next several months.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
Sorry to see that
I guess we need to start figuring out the best tire trailer option
Old 06-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Will Uhaul pay for that? I know that technically it fit but I'd be raising hell over the damages.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #8
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
I agree. Ive used the silver trailer with my 5th Gen, which is slightly wider than the 6th Gen, and didn't have any problems. Hopefully U-Haul will pay for the damages but they probably wont.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #9
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I doubt U-haul will be paying for damages. If he rented the trailer he loaded the car. Said to see but honestly it would be the owners fault. Mistakes are made to learn from. Unfortunately Op's mistake warns everyone else we have wide cars and be careful.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
Gville1LE

Drives: 2006 Lexus IS350
But if he has documentation in email or something from U-haul that the 1LE will fit without issue, then it could be a small-claims case.
Gville1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 PM   #11
Rockmonstir

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
This hurts my heart
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #12
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Damn, not having much luck with tires the past few days eh? Sorry to hear. See ya tomorrow though! I will have jack/stands/tools etc. if you need to pull the wheel at the track.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #13
evanescent03

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Damn, not having much luck with tires the past few days eh? Sorry to hear. See ya tomorrow though! I will have jack/stands/tools etc. if you need to pull the wheel at the track.
See you tomorrow!!! I got it swapped today at peninsula tire in Monterey. . They did a great job and got it done in a hurry!! Even made my first session today!
Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #14
evanescent03

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I doubt U-haul will be paying for damages. If he rented the trailer he loaded the car. Said to see but honestly it would be the owners fault. Mistakes are made to learn from. Unfortunately Op's mistake warns everyone else we have wide cars and be careful.
I tend to agree with you. However, they did tell me it would fit on THIS trailer and it does not so I think there is some liability. If a patient is prescribed the wrong medicine and they take it, it's the prescribing provider's fault ultimately... I'm going to see what the manager says but I certainly won't be going to small claims court to resolve it. I just plan on being honest and seeing what they say. Even if I don't get all the wheels repaired, maybe I can get some $ towards the tire. Worth a shot but I'm not holding my breath. Mostly just wanted to let others know to avoid this trailer.