Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
kaler

Drives: 2011 Dodge 3500 dually Mega Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Oh my lord. That may be the sexiest engine part I've ever seen. Exquisite design materials and craftsmanship.
If I see that installed on a twin turbo setup I may have an involuntary orgasm.
I would suggest that you start stocking up on tissue paper now.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Oh good gosh! Just delicious!

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
Pay2Play

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't use the word beautiful much, but that is absolutely beautiful.
2010 RJT 2SS/RS LS3: LG Motorsports Longtube Headers w/ Off-Road Pipes, RX VMax Throttle Body, CAI Cold Air Intake, Borla S-Type Catback, Pfdat Stage 2 Suspension Package, ZL1 Grille, RJT Engine Cover, Black Bowties & All Lights Tinted. Tuned by JRE
Pay2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Those are a work of art but I'm scratching my head at them. Why did they extend the runners into the plenum? It seems that more plenum is better, especially with FI, but they've used up a lot of valuable space with them. I like how they radius'd the individual runners.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
That setup would not work very well on a naturally aspirated engine. Will work well on forced induction.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Just wanted to let everyone know that I started the install yesterday with my friend. We got everything mocked up on the engine. We had to order a few fittings for the fuel lines, and extend the fuel rail brackets, but it should be finished on Wednesday. I took quite a few pictures, but left the camera at a friends house! I'll be posting them up as soon as possible.

Since we pulled off the intake manifold, we will also be cleaning up the engine bay quite a bit as well too, to give it a cleaner look.

Stay tuned for pictures!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
goo!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
So Ozmo intake, MAST black label heads.......what shortblock to complete the Engine Art project?
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
So Ozmo intake, MAST black label heads.......what shortblock to complete the Engine Art project?
a 418ci with dragonslayer crank.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Sweet! Pry0b0y, you know how I feel about your intake, best looking intake, PERIOD! Almost makes me want to do a TT, so I can run your same intake. By the way, you should check out what I'm doing for fuel rails, drop by my thread.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
wait Are you using the black labels then? you dog.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #26
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Sweet! Pry0b0y, you know how I feel about your intake, best looking intake, PERIOD! Almost makes me want to do a TT, so I can run your same intake. By the way, you should check out what I'm doing for fuel rails, drop by my thread.
Thanks, I can't wait to see everything finished up in the next couple days. I'll check out your thread. I drool at everything you have done! Can't wait to see everything buttoned up in November! The fuel rails will be right above the injectors, but we are going to work on hiding them under the plenums for a cleaner look. This would also hide the fuel injectors too. After that, coil packs will be moved and if i have enough money, carbon fiber valve covers or polished aluminum covers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
wait Are you using the black labels then? you dog.
Haha ya, Mast Black Label CNC 12* heads LS3 - flow @ .600 365/254

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Well my friend and I pulled the intake manifold off and swapped over the injectors and fuel rails onto the Ozmo intake. We mocked it up and found that the fuel rail supports were not made for taller injectors, so they had to be extended. We used my current intake tube and modified it to fit the new intake. The throttle body actually extends out quite a bit further than the stock intake manifold. Here's a couple pictures.

Everything is pretty messy right now, but the wiring will be cleaned up along with the various hoses and fuel lines!

Stock intake manifold is off

Fitting the Ozmo intake

Intake tube mocked up and ready to be welded

You'll notice the fuel connectors are red and blue, which I never liked to begin with, so I will be swapping the connectors fo anodized black ones, and replacing the vacuum lines with polished aluminum ones. Since I have a catch can, we will not be using the crankcase ventilation line.

If you look on the bottom sides of the intake, you will notice popoff valves are installed. In the rare case too much pressure builds up in the intake, the popoff valves will relieve the pressure rather than blowing the intake. Pretty ingenious design!

We had to order a couple fuel fittings since the fuel rails are a little bigger. Everything should arrive tomorrow and I should be ready to get this thing tuned!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #28
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Looks awesome and very clean setup. Cant wait to see it finished.