Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #85
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Windshield protection I really don't know for that, there's not much you can add that will be stronger than glass.

I love my Xpel bra, I believe you may want to wait 30 days if it has to be corrected in any way, but I'm not positive. What I would do though, is take it to get the bra before you get the bumper on the car, it would insure no edges are shown plus probably a much easier fit for the installer. If you want a recommendation in San Antonio let me know.
That's actually exactly what I was planning on doing. I want to get the bra put on before I even put the bumper on the car.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #86
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
So what other stuff are you guys into?

Me: Golf, scotch, cigars, gym, barbecuing, Android, music, guitar
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #87
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
So what other stuff are you guys into?

Me: Golf, scotch, cigars, gym, barbecuing, Android
BBQ is a favorite thing to do.
I've also always been fascinated by different types and ages of liquor a. I'm going to attended the bartending classes to pull out my license when I turn 21 in July.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #88
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
BBQ is a favorite thing to do.
I've also always been fascinated by different types and ages of liquor a. I'm going to attended the bartending classes to pull out my license when I turn 21 in July.
I was a bartender for years at an upscale bistro/grill, if you have any questions I might be able to help somewhat. I never did any classes, just learned on the job.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #89
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
I was a bartender for years at an upscale bistro/grill, if you have any questions I might be able to help somewhat. I never did any classes, just learned on the job.
Wow really ? That's pretty awesome man. I'm hoping to possibly get hired for party's on the weekends. How is the pay for a place like you worked at ?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #90
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Besides my car - Golf, working out and my son take up all my spare time. About a 8 handicap, what about u Matt?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #91
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Work, Gym, Trail running, I worked in a running store for almost a year so got big into that, but mostly right now is work unfortunately. Getting ready for my 4th move in just over a year. I also fade in and out of playing games, right now it's been play once every 2-3 months. Then also investing, stocks, etc...
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #92
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Work, Gym, Trail running, I worked in a running store for almost a year so got big into that, but mostly right now is work unfortunately. Getting ready for my 4th move in just over a year. I also fade in and out of playing games, right now it's been play once every 2-3 months. Then also investing, stocks, etc...
Investing in stocks ? I'm actually going to start business classes to learn more.
Any pointers or sites that will help me get more info ?

Oh and I forgot to mention I love snowboarding. Hopefully going to Gatling burg this winter
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #93
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Wow really ? That's pretty awesome man. I'm hoping to possibly get hired for party's on the weekends. How is the pay for a place like you worked at ?
I got paid $5/hour plus tips. I could usually take home $100/night on a weeknight and $200 on a weekend night. Nice part is it wasn't a "bar" so I didn't have to deal with drunks, college kids, crazy ass drinks/shots, or staying til 2am. I poured scotch, made Manhattans, wine, and schmoozed with people who are still great connections today. One of them was on the board at my grad school and made a call, I got my acceptance letter the next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Besides my car - Golf, working out and my son take up all my spare time. About a 8 handicap, what about u Matt?
I play way too much golf. If I shoot a 75, I'm pissed. Never had a handicap established officially though.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #94
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Investing in stocks ? I'm actually going to start business classes to learn more.

Oh and I forgot to mention I love snowboarding. Hopefully going to Gatling burg this winter
There's no such thing as "learning" about stocks. Over the long run, you'll either hit or miss, and on average you will trend with ETFs or indexes. Unless you know somebody with information on a new company or government contract, don't expect to make beaucoup bucks in the stock market, especially these days.

We kind of got screwed, we missed the tech boom and also missed the low commodity prices. If I had a time machine, I'd go back 15 years and buy ALL THE SILVER AND GOLD haha. Oh and that Google stock I heard something about
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #95
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
I got paid $5/hour plus tips. I could usually take home $100/night on a weeknight and $200 on a weekend night. Nice part is it wasn't a "bar" so I didn't have to deal with drunks, college kids, crazy ass drinks/shots, or staying til 2am. I poured scotch, made Manhattans, wine, and schmoozed with people who are still great connections today. One of them was on the board at my grad school and made a call, I got my acceptance letter the next day

I play way too much golf. If I shoot a 75, I'm pissed. Never had a handicap established officially though.
I get pissed when I shoot 75 as well. Pissed when I wake up that is...
Wonder if moving up north will hurt the golf game with the insanely cold and long winters.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #96
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
I got paid $5/hour plus tips. I could usually take home $100/night on a weeknight and $200 on a weekend night. Nice part is it wasn't a "bar" so I didn't have to deal with drunks, college kids, crazy ass drinks/shots, or staying til 2am. I poured scotch, made Manhattans, wine, and schmoozed with people who are still great connections today. One of them was on the board at my grad school and made a call, I got my acceptance letter the next day.
Yeah I might aim to work at a higher end place opposed to working at party's. I never thought of it like that.

I've known a few bartenders that have met some really important people in their time. That's pretty awesome when you think about it. Oh and you Matt are a lucky son of a gun for knowing that guy

Quote:
There's no such thing as "learning" about stocks. Over the long run, you'll either hit or miss, and on average you will trend with ETFs or indexes. Unless you know somebody with information on a new company or government contract, don't expect to make beaucoup bucks in the stock market, especially these days.

We kind of got screwed, we missed the tech boom and also missed the low commodity prices. If I had a time machine, I'd go back 15 years and buy ALL THE SILVER AND GOLD haha. Oh and that Google stock I heard something about
Man, if I can turn back time.
So many missed opportunities. I was young so I can't blame my self haha.

Maybe as a bartender I can get to know some people that will come in handy for investing haha
Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #97
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Guns, sports, working out and I recently decided to get into photography. I'm currently in Afghanistan and I'll be home in July.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #98
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:

Do your research mainly, I'm a fan of doing all the research on my own, so yeah I take more risk in doing so but I also educate myself and gain a skill. I started roughly 2 years ago, almost. Motley Fool is a pretty good website. Take the risks you can, I tell anyone if you can't afford to lose it all in the stock market don't put it in. Personally I started with dividend funds (Ford/Intel, made close to 25% on those 2 overall, plus dividends at roughly 3-4% which is better than any money market/CD out there) That was the main reason for investing, I was looking at my checking account and steadily watched interest rates drop as the economy went down and just seems crazy not earn on money I'm not using.

For a safe bet I love Vanguard Mutual Funds, their Dividend fund closely matches the S&P which usually beats the market overall, as well as their Windsor II fund if well balanced, plus you can't beat their expense ratios.

You'll win and lose, I've had stocks go down 99% which I still hold since it's pointless to sell at this level, but I've also tripled money on a stock, recently I owned Power One (PWER) bought at $4, it was recently bought out for 6.50 a share. Sell when it's high, buy when it's low, I bought into Nike at a low point and have made almost 25% in just over a month. Now I don't have hundreds of thousands so it may appear miniscule but it's all a percentages game. I would love to do day trading once I safely have 10,000 in capital purely for that.

Quote:

Definitely, so don't buy into 3/5 year charts, 2007-early 2009 saw most stocks go down 20-50%, 2009-now have seen most go up 15-60%. So anyone who says they've made money the last 3 years is an idiot, why? Because anyone with money in the market with half a brain could have increased their money 50% plus in the last 3 years.

Mutual funds offer less risk but less reward, stocks are higher risk but high reward so keep it diversified. At most of our ages you can afford to be risky (within reason), but also save up for retirement, Lifetime funds which you put in your retirement year are great because the advisors shift the holdings less risky as you get closer. Unless you're lucky enough to have a matching retirement portfolio, then certainly do that first, me since I don't put money into my Roth.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote