Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #71
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
As Winding Road and that video are free to critically review and comment on the cars, so are they subject to critical review & commentary with respect to their opinions.

Norm
Have you driven either of these cars?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #72
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
↑↑↑ For the record, no. But I wasn't reviewing the cars.

It isn't necessary to have driven any version of the Mustang or Camaro at all in order to have a valid opinion about the video. Just because skinhead strongly implies having throttle (self?) control skill levels appropriate to driving nothing hotter than entry-level econoboxes and base model family sedans doesn't mean that we are all so severely limited. Keep in mind that I'm not evaluating his overall driving talent, just his apparent all-or-nothing approach to the throttle.

If I drove like that, my avatar picture would be showing my car's taillights at the camera at that point on course and would be a good classroom illustration of why you don't treat the throttle like a light switch.

Nor is it necessary to have driven either car in order to comment on the mix of hard stats and specs vs the subjectives in Winding Road's presentation. Data is easy enough to understand, while getting a good grip on the subjectives requires having had (and paid attention during) generally similar experiences.

(On edit, Friday was a good day to get away from everything and go fishing.)

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-23-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote