Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
Tune out decel pop

I have an NPP exhaust with the fuse pulled, really like the sound other than the crackling on deceleration.

What should a tuning shop charge for just that change in the computer?

Hopefully I can find a place that will do that 1 change...

Thanks!
Quicksilver2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
I have an NPP exhaust with the fuse pulled, really like the sound other than the crackling on deceleration.

Thanks!
You really would not want to go through the process of tuning and not take full advantage of all the benefits of a full custom tune.

Purchase an SCT X4 tuner from me and get your first full custom tune FREE.

Then you will be on our buy parts from me get tune updates for free program.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...x4-power-flash

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Here's a screen shot from HPTuners of the fix for me. I disabled DFCO (decel fuel cut-off) by making the Enable ECT (engine coolant temperature) 414*F (so it doesn't happen). The default is 14*F. Like Ted said, it's not worth having a shop just change that - it literally takes a few seconds to make the change and about 45 seconds to flash the ECU.

There can be other factors like adaptive idle coastdown timing and timing, but this is the first and easiest approach to tackling the decel popping.
Attached Images

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post

Thanks!
All you gotta do is change the DFCO timing to make the pops softer. If you know someone with hp tuners they could do it for ya quickly. It's two tables that need changing

Doubt a shop would charge much to make this change. I wouldn't advise disabling it as it'll impact mpg's
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote