Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #71
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
So what kind of power do you think it’s making?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #72
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I don't know if that pic is current engine.

I want to say it makes about 1400 at the tires.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #73
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Published on Aug 5, 2014

A few clips of Farmtruck's new power plant on the dyno. Built at Advanced Engine & Machine, tuned by Marc of Advanced Engine and Robbie Devane of Devane Carburetors. In case the numbers are unclear, the engine made 1150 horsepower with no spray. Be ready for it when they throw the nitrous to this beast.

YouTube Link:

Old 08-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #74
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I don't know if that pic is current engine.

I want to say it makes about 1400 at the tires.
Pretty sure it's the current engine.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #75
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Pretty sure it's the current engine.
Could be. Seems I remember different valve covers though I am getting old.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 08-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #76
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Published on Aug 5, 2014

A few clips of Farmtruck's new power plant on the dyno. Built at Advanced Engine & Machine, tuned by Marc of Advanced Engine and Robbie Devane of Devane Carburetors. In case the numbers are unclear, the engine made 1150 horsepower with no spray. Be ready for it when they throw the nitrous to this beast.

YouTube Link:

I am not certain but I think at max he sprays around 500.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #77
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I don't understand

I'm sure you guys realize that this is like a soap opera, with all the trappings of characters that show their dark side and then become redeemed, the antagonists, the protagonists.
I guess all I am saying is that enjoy the cars. I'm sure most of you that really know your stuff pick up more information than I do about what they are running etc.

It's created drama, and I for one just enjoy the cars. They all play a role and as long as they have the races, staged or not I love it.

I am so sick of the NHRA and their big money teams that are nothing like the everyday racer, and the classes that you run and break out and lose because you ran too fast. Seriously what happened to drag racing?

This show also inspired the no prep kings and run what you brung events that went along with these show.

I guess I just enjoy the cars.

Jim
Old 08-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #78
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I'm sure you guys realize that this is like a soap opera, with all the trappings of characters that show their dark side and then become redeemed, the antagonists, the protagonists.
I guess all I am saying is that enjoy the cars. I'm sure most of you that really know your stuff pick up more information than I do about what they are running etc.

It's created drama, and I for one just enjoy the cars. They all play a role and as long as they have the races, staged or not I love it.

I am so sick of the NHRA and their big money teams that are nothing like the everyday racer, and the classes that you run and break out and lose because you ran too fast. Seriously what happened to drag racing?

This show also inspired the no prep kings and run what you brung events that went along with these show.

Jim
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #79
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:

Jim
There are still classes where you run straight up. Bracket racing allows the everyday Joe to compete, so you seem to be at odds with your own statement. Pure straight up will always favor the guy with more money. As for the Pro classes like Funny Car & Pro Stock there have been guys not in million dollar teams, but as expected they aren’t as competitive.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #80
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
There are still classes where you run straight up. Bracket racing allows the everyday Joe to compete, so you seem to be at odds with your own statement. Pure straight up will always favor the guy with more money. As for the Pro classes like Funny Car & Pro Stock there have been guys not in million dollar teams, but as expected they aren’t as competitive.
Without bracket racing the little man would only be able to go to test and tune.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #81
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
Without bracket racing the little man would only be able to go to test and tune.
Not to mention that they help keep tracks open. Heads up is just too expensive anymore. All from x275 to promod and rvw which is pretty much a millionaire club btw. Bracket racing still let's a guy with a $5000 car the ability to go out and race and not have to worry about going faster year after year to keep up with the competition. We've ran everything from pro, superpro, quick 16 shootouts, prostreet, 10.5 outlaw and promod.

After 30 years we're done because of various reasons from health issues to just the simple fact of how much $$$ it cost. Plus everybody wants to see no prep stuff which we would never do. Throughout all those years of helping my dad race, the bracket racing and quick 16 or 32 events for us anyways we're the most fun and a less stressful times no question.

I mean we've discussed the issue many times when we ran heads up which is how do you go rounds when you have others that'll kick the rods out of a $60-100+ engine just to go to the next round? So we just did our own thing and yes lost a lot because my dad didn't rag his equipment out ever. But we did win a few as well including a 10.5 outlaw track championship. But after 30 years of racing 100% on his own dime it's time to move on to other things.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #82
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Yep.

Think how boring the show would be with just list racing and no manufactured drama.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #83
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500

excellent coverage/ No BS
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #84
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I was disappointed in their Daily Driver shootout. Seemed like they all just bought new cars, slapped on boost, and called it a day.

And way too many Mustangs.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote