Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I had a great time. Headed home early due to the heat taking a toll on me & a pet rabbit who was refusing to eat. I had the most fun at the parking lot parties of course & then at Autocross to my surprise. I was a little intimidated by the course but I did okay & had fun. I totally blew it in drag racing but that is okay. I get plenty of chances to drag race.

I only drove a few laps on NCM due to the rain but again, being a local, I can go up there whenever I want.

Today I did not have a good day but it was just one of those days for me.

Safe travels home everyone.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #30
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Was really hoping for one of the graphics guys to be there ,was really wanting some hash marks installed????
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #31
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I mentioned to my wife that vendor turnout was low this time. I would have liked a schedule that showed what time the different classes were slated to run. I believe I was the first person to tech. The guy there had no idea what was going on. Nothing was explained to him on what the different color cards were for. I started as car 01, but then they came around and put 401 on my car because they couldn't see the 01 in the tower. Other than these minor things, the event was great. I know it takes a lot to put something like this together and it's always a learning experience.

Here's a pic I found from the Mustang guys who mentioned a Camaro driver tried to run from the cops.

2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:16 PM   #32
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
It was amazing seeing the forum come to life for me haha. I've been a member for a long time but this was my first fest. It was insanely awesome! I do agree that there was alot of confusion and seeming lack of organization for the drag racing .. but it didn't have any impact on me . I ran over 15 passes ..firday pm autocross ...and had a blast. So Awesome
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning

Last edited by robbiegordon; 08-08-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: ..
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #33
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Since tonight was the last night for most of us, it turned out to be a great day. I was able to do a couple more passes to get the times down. Got to meet some great people and also some vendors. It was also awesome to have mike judge drive down with us through the downpour. That was a great experience in itself, then meeting hrpii, racergirl, and a few others was also a great experience. Hope next fest will be more lively and more vendors will join.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:17 AM   #34
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottie View Post
Vendor turnout was less than previous years. I had heard it was $650 for a vendor to show,
SMH....... Oh well someone has some extra cash in their pockets.
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #35
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I had a good time, because I was able to do what I wanted to do, and many choices. Yes, would have been nice to have more vendors, but that isn't why I went.
Thanks go to:
Camaros of the Carolinas - they let me join in on the drive with them and were so cordial.
My ACE5 family for making sure I didn't spend too much time alone.
Spike for his kindness to me, even in the midst of all the craziness of the Fest and his own challenges
All the Mods for hosting this and giving us the options of drag racing, autocross, road course, car show, trips to the Corvette plant, meet n greet.
Michael for hosting an extra track day and letting us scaredy cats do some parade laps.
Bonnie & Randy and all the others for the laughs while I was standing "outside the circle"
Camaro-krazee for hanging with me in the stands at the drag strip
All the other nice folks I met from Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Illinois, Michigan, California...........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #36
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I loved it and had a blast. The road course was incredible, made a great addition to the fest. Thurs was a bit wet, but did get in a nice dry session before lunch. Then ran the stock car there all day Friday. That was really fun Friday with a mix of race cars, sports cars, and plenty of Corvettes and Camaros on track. MTI had quite the fleet of race cars there.

I think it was the best fest yet, can't wait till next year.

Many thanks to the organizers, moderators, vendors, sponsors, tracks... BG Police Dept. lol. Hope that guy brought plenty of bail money. :

Awesome event!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #37
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I loved indy mainly because it's in my backyard. I will say this was my favorite out of the 3 I have attended (minus the Thursday rain and low vendor turnout).

Thanks to everyone who organized the event. Can't wait for the announcement of next years fest

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #38
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Since tonight was the last night for most of us, it turned out to be a great day. I was able to do a couple more passes to get the times down. Got to meet some great people and also some vendors. It was also awesome to have mike judge drive down with us through the downpour. That was a great experience in itself, then meeting hrpii, racergirl, and a few others was also a great experience. Hope next fest will be more lively and more vendors will join.
Meeting you and the rest of the young crew was a blast. Bright, young members with some awesome cars, that really know how to have fun. Very memorable event for us.

Ace, you are taller than you sound on the forum. Next time, going to have to get you to have a beer with me. Or maybe a shot of the Ice Hole. Was a pleasure speaking with you and hanging out together.

Racergirl, you are awesome and had the most fun talking and picking with you. If you didn't met Racergirl, she is a sexy, fiery red head that can drive the HELL out of a car. She is every bit of a badass driver!!

Tricksta, just a great guy, truly enjoy sharing a few beers with you and shooting the BS. Your car is on its way of being a little more badass with each mod. Can't wait to see what you have done to it the next time I see it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #39
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
First fest.....had a very good time....organizers should do a debrief of things that went right, things that went wrong and how to improve vender turn out...Kudos to Derby City club / Holiday Inn for the effort to host an event
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #40
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
^^^ hrpiii, it was very nice to get to talk with you and your wife at the show. I look forward to meeting up again with maybe something we can grudge match with next year.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #41
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Meeting you and the rest of the young crew was a blast. Bright, young members with some awesome cars, that really know how to have fun. Very memorable event for us.

Ace, you are taller than you sound on the forum. Next time, going to have to get you to have a beer with me. Or maybe a shot of the Ice Hole. Was a pleasure speaking with you and hanging out together.

Racergirl, you are awesome and had the most fun talking and picking with you. If you didn't met Racergirl, she is a sexy, fiery red head that can drive the HELL out of a car. She is every bit of a badass driver!!

Tricksta, just a great guy, truly enjoy sharing a few beers with you and shooting the BS. Your car is on its way of being a little more badass with each mod. Can't wait to see what you have done to it the next time I see it.
And I swore you would be a little taller lol . But yes it was a blast meeting you and racergirl that made my weekend and tricksta you should've said something I did want to meet you but didn't know. And I will take you on that offer with a beer and shot. If I was staying at the host I would've stayed for a while but did not want to risk getting pulled over while drinking. The parking lot parties or should I say get togethers are the best to meet the forum crew.

Racergirl you are a awesome person to be around with it did take me a minute to find you and wasn't sure I said hi to the right one lol. But us 3 bonded together well and if they organized the drag race a little better it would've been nice going heads up with you and hank to see what we could do. I hope to see you again in the near future and I heard about that bottle of nitrous you never said anything about LOL.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #42
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

I thank you again for allowing me to borrow your helmet so that I could make passes down the track. Didn't make as many as I had hoped, but next time I'll have the mods done before fest. I enjoyed the parking lot shenanigans.

I think the thing I enjoyed most was when you beat racergirl though.
Ran that 12.94 at 110mph for a first day down the track ever.
Next year I'll be running tremendously better.