Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
ZLeeper

Drives: .
Experiences with the Autometer Dashcontrol OBDII Display controller

Has anyone used the Autometer Dashcontrol OBDII Display controlller.

http://www.autometer.com/dashcontrol...2010-2015.html

Pros and Cons that you have through your experience with this device.

Looks like a simple option without having to add more gauge clusters to my car.
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
AJensen383

Drives: 2014-ZL1-M6-CRT, 68 camaro SS 496
That is what was previously known as DashLogic, Autometer bought out palmer engineering from what i have read.

do a search for dashlogic on here..its a good device
2014- Crystal Red-ZL1 #1601, M6, Recaro, sunroof, Nav-stock-SOLD
1968 Camaro SS Clone- 496 BBC, Legend 5speed, 12 bolt
1970 Nova SS- 383 SBC 588hp, 200-4r, 12 bolt

AJensen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLeeper View Post

That is REALLY COOL, My first thoughts are Alcohol content when adding Flex fuel sensors.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #4
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White
I love mine for the Alcohol content when I went E-85 like Ted said. I like having my intake temp, oil pressure/temp, and coolant temp along with boost at eye level when im driving. Having the items displayed on your HUD is also great. It can monitor so many things and not take up any space without having gauges scattered about, and the install couldnt be any easier. The only thing that sometimes happens to me is I will accidentally hit it with my foot when getting in the car and it will loosen and sometimes wont kick on. Great piece of equipment for sure!
Pogoattack84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Rodney2011

Drives: 2011 1SS RS
It has some advantages over the Ultra-Gauge.
It can display more parameters.
You use a PC to create the pages.

But also some disadvantages.
It doesn't have it's own button to change the pages, you need to hit the door lock button on the center console and sometimes it takes several presses before it recognizes the push. There is a DIP switch with three settings for configuratons that is nearly impossible to access when plugged in the OBD port.
It is easy to knock lose getting in or out of the car.

An OBD extender or splitter makes it easier to access as you can place it where you want but a cheap one doesn't have all the connections it needs, so you have to buy one of the more expensive ones.

An Ultra-Gauge also connects to the OBD port but with a cable that is ~30" long allowing you to place the device in the center console or use a suction cup to hang it from the windshield.

The Ultra-Gauge can read and reset OBD codes.

It is easier to reset the trip gauges on the Ultra-Gauge because it has the buttons. The Ultra-Gauge has three trip gauges. One reads from start, the other two read from when you reset reset them, so they are nice on road trips as you can use one as a daily and the other as overall.

As well as lifetime and and maintainance interval read outs. Reset the maintenance when you change the oil and it retains mileage, average speed, running hours, dates.

The trip gauges on the dash-logic require some combination of radio buttons to reset.

An Ultra-Gauge is ~$70, the DashLogic is $300.

I'm not saying the Dash-Logic is bad. I mean seeing your 60' times or 0-60, etc. is pretty cool. But if I had to choose one over the other it would be the Ultra-Gauge.

Best option, buy a OBD splitter cable and run both.
Ultra-Gauge for real world useful information, Dash-Logic for useless, but fun readouts.

Last edited by Rodney2011; 08-26-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Rodney2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
ZLeeper

Thanks for the information.

Pogo and Ted...you guys are spot on what I was thinking.

I am assuming that you have set warnings or maximums for your IAT, Alcohol content? Would be good to know before reaching critical points.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

I havent set one for either of those, my E-85 gas station usually has me at about 80-82% alcohol content havent had it dip down past that yet maybe more so this winter but i can always switch back to 93 if need be. The IAT is a good idea though, maybe oil pressure too, might have to set that up after I get off work today.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #8
ZLeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogoattack84 View Post
I havent set one for either of those, my E-85 gas station usually has me at about 80-82% alcohol content havent had it dip down past that yet maybe more so this winter but i can always switch back to 93 if need be. The IAT is a good idea though, maybe oil pressure too, might have to set that up after I get off work today.
Cool.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Trans temp will not work on M6 cars....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I know...late to the thread but here's a con, Only works with Windows. I own a Mac. I'm not buying a PC just to have this gauge set.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #11
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I know...late to the thread but here's a con, Only works with Windows. I own a Mac. I'm not buying a PC just to have this gauge set.

Look up parallels for Mac. It will allow you to run windows software on your Mac. I use it to datalog on HP tuners without having to own a windows computer
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #12
BlackMambaZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
HATED MINE!!!

Every time I would actually need it it would reset and nothing would come up. It was very very very glitchy.

I went with the NGauge in the long run and did the air vent delete. Still looks clean and it always works. Plus, my tuner can send me tunes via email and I can upload them through the NGauge.

It is your call but I do not recommend the Dashlogic. Amazing idea but poorly executed.
764RWHP on e85 683RWHP on 91. M6 Black on Black on Black. 1300ID's, DSX Aux Pump and Flex Fuel Sensor, Lingenfelter 2.5 upper 9.5 lower, 100MM idler, AFCO HX w/ FANS. 1 7/8"ARH exhaust to axle incl LTH, MF's, Fuel Lab FF, Lingenfelter ported snout and TB, Lingenfelter CAI, RotoFab coolant tank, NGK 2 steps colder spark plugs, Moroso catch can, BTR Stage III cam, crank case breather. Tuned by Power Labs in Idaho Falls, ID.
BlackMambaZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #13
leemozoid

Drives: '15 Silverado LTZ & '13 ZL1 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLeeper View Post

Does this display IAT2 temps?
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #14
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemozoid View Post
Does this display IAT2 temps?
Yes it does.

Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, 1-7/8" Stainless Works LT Headers, 2.55 Griptec Upper, Metco Damper, 9.1" Metco Lower Ring, Metco Solid Isolator, Metco Idler Relocation Bracket/50mm Idler, Texas Speed Heads/Pushrods/Springs/Retainers/SS Valves/Custom Grind Cam, ARP Bolt Kit, DMS Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit With Flex Fuel Sensor, ID1300 Injectors, Lingenfelter Dual Fan HX, Lingenfelter 160 Degree Thermostat, DMS Expansion Tank

Tuned By Matt at Dedicated Motorsports - 750whp on E85 - Mainline Hub Dyno