Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #29
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Are their parts on the horizon for fueling that could allow for 700 with E85 on the stock cam?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #30
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Are their parts on the horizon for fueling that could allow for 700 with E85 on the stock cam?
You can now with lingenfelters big bore pump and high flow injectors...but the problem is the cost. The injectors are 4k alone, but their fuel system with cam will support 1400hp crank with no secondary system.
I do believe there will be some cheaper solutions in the near future that do not require adding a secondary system.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #31
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Katech has a secondary high pressure pump that mounts on the engine and is belt driven along with some monster injectors that can support 2000 HP.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #32
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
ted that is a 10k setup... hard to believe we cant find a diesel injection pump out there and figure out a way to mount it and run it off a belt. I knew it was matter of time before this came out.. I'm more familiar with diesel systems and there high pressures

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #33
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Katech has a secondary high pressure pump that mounts on the engine and is belt driven along with some monster injectors that can support 2000 HP.
oh yea...seen that too. Forgot all about it after I seen the price...lol
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I have thought for a while that dual injectors are the way to go, one port injector and one direct injector. This is what all the new mustangs are doing and this is what the ZR1 corvette is doing. In theory if your car makes 500whp on stock direct injection you just start adding fuel through the ports when the direct runs out. It is really easy to add another 500whp of fuel with a separate dedicated pump and fuel line to the port injectors. Heck it is pretty easy to add a 1000whp port injection system that could run right on top of the direct injection. With turbos and centrifugal superchargers you can drop in the intake manifold with the port injection but with the PD supercharger the intake manifold is basically the supercharger so it must come with the injector ports and most do not. The actual computer controllers that tell which injector to send what amount of fuel, well I still don't know how well these systems work.

My 2016 car actually has a dual injector system on it now. One fuel pump in my tank feeds the direct injection and one fuel pump feeds the port injection. Thing is, with the new cam lobe and all the LT4 high side parts, I really don't need any more fuel than what the LT4 parts can supply running it on pump gas. I have no intention of tuning for e85 or race gas because they are not readily available and I plan to daily drive the car. My car has lower compression forged pistons but I really don't think I'm going to see much more than 700whp on 91 octane pump gas. So I'm not going to be much help to the guys that want crazy power. I'm the driver not the mechanic. I'm a pretty well educated driver but I don't turn wrenches much at all. My mechanic has been working with the dual injection system for a while. I'm pretty certain it will be right when I finally get the car.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #35
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We made 772/788 wheel on LT4 fueling running E60 and single nozzle meth. We weren't out of fuel yet either but i'm sure we were close.

We're now on twins like Jessrayo. We have added the DSX Auxiliary low-side to aid us in fuel delivery and we plan to make 950 wheel on LT4+Meth+DSX Lowside. We are of the opinion that much over that without adding port injection isn't super wise. If it were wise to do big bore and just do that much power on Direct Injection, GM would have done it on the ZR1. Port Injection has other benefits besides more fuel. Just some food for thought.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

All the best,

Jared Royce

Last edited by JDP Sales; 07-20-2018 at 07:12 PM.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #36
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We are of the opinion that much over that without adding port injection isn't super wise. If it were wise to do big bore and just do that much power on Direct Injection, GM would have done it on the ZR1. Port Injection has other benefits besides more fuel. Just some food for thought.

Good point, there has to be a point where dual inject just works better.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:52 AM   #37
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
We made 772/788 wheel on LT4 fueling running E60 and single nozzle meth. We weren't out of fuel yet either but i'm sure we were close.
What was the correction factor? Since you are at 4300 feet elevation I'm guessing it was pretty substantial. Reason this must be known of course is that the actual hp being made is what determines the fuel demand, not the corrected. Plus you had a supplementary fuel system (methanol injection) feeding the engine, not just LT4 parts. Important differences to note from the OP's situation, who is at lower altitude and did not indicate a desire to use a methanol injection system.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

We're now on twins like Jessrayo. We have added the DSX Auxiliary low-side to aid us in fuel delivery and we plan to make 950 wheel on LT4+Meth+DSX Lowside. We are of the opinion that much over that without adding port injection isn't super wise. If it were wise to do big bore and just do that much power on Direct Injection, GM would have done it on the ZR1. Port Injection has other benefits besides more fuel. Just some food for thought.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

All the best,

Jared Royce
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Good point, there has to be a point where dual inject just works better.
It may be the perception because GM did it it must be better.

But you must take in to account that Manufactures make decisions based on available technology and cost involved, it may be just cheaper to add port injection rather than redesign the direct injection then get it through the EPA when they can use already approved systems and just stack them.

You will make more power and more reliable power with Direct injection than Port injection.

The Parts are coming you just have to be patient

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #39
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It may be the perception because GM did it it must be better.

But you must take in to account that Manufactures make decisions based on available technology and cost involved, it may be just cheaper to add port injection rather than redesign the direct injection then get it through the EPA when they can use already approved systems and just stack them.

You will make more power and more reliable power with Direct injection than Port injection.

The Parts are coming you just have to be patient

Ted.

I base this on three points:
it gets very expensive to inject fuel into the combustion chamber. I have many years of diesel racing. Also the parts start wearing out because now you got more lift, more lobes, more pressure, more stroke. Last there is atomization problems with holes that are too large and very short injection windows, not important on a race car, very important on a DD.

There is a benefit to dual inject, the valves should be cleaner.

For me looking at it, I think I was just fixated on E85 because I already have done the conversion. I'm completely happy with my current setup and may never go to a pulley bigger than 4.5 on my D1X (7 PSI). The car is traction limited to about 80 MPH of so. It would be interesting to put the LT4 stuff on and inch up to see how much more HP the car will do with E60 or E85 on 7 PSI. I don't know, Ted any ideas?

All the money I save I can sell my ported MSD and go to a Goetz intake, just becuase it is such eye candy...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #40
Sixgunsled

Drives: 2017 camaro SS 1LE
There are quite a few companies out there now that offer a plug n play piggy back system for port injection like the weapon x kit comes with everything from the in tank pump to all the way to the injectors and fuel rails for your port intake set up. All you need to have is an intake manifold that will hold the fuel rails. The weapon x kit is $4,999.00 but there are other companies that offer the parts separate for less and you could probably piece together something for around $3000. Then you have to have the car tuned by someone that knows what they are doing with running multiple fuel systems. Also GPI offers on their site a triple pump or double pump set up from fore innovations as well.

The other option is the lingenfelter hpfp thats $1595.00, injectors $4399.60, and probably the LT4 low side pump would get you to where you want to be on E85. Maybe the LT4 with the addition of a boost a pump. I doubt you would need the additional fuel lobe from a cam seeing as how you are only trying to get to 700whp. There is a company that is selling the injectors for $900 cheaper than lingenfelter called fuel injector connection (FIC) $3520.00 over $1000 cheaper if you are or ever have been in the military as they have military discounts %5.
15" conversion
Port injection

22K+ followers on Instagram @Sixgunsled
6.4K subscribers YouTube: Sixgunsled
Sixgunsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #41
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
I plan on meth and e68-70. Spending a small fortune outside of the lt4 fuel system is for the birds and the wealthy
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #42
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixgunsled View Post
There are quite a few companies out there now that offer a plug n play piggy back system for port injection like the weapon x kit comes with everything from the in tank pump to all the way to the injectors and fuel rails for your port intake set up. All you need to have is an intake manifold that will hold the fuel rails. The weapon x kit is $4,999.00 but there are other companies that offer the parts separate for less and you could probably piece together something for around $3000. Then you have to have the car tuned by someone that knows what they are doing with running multiple fuel systems. Also GPI offers on their site a triple pump or double pump set up from fore innovations as well.

The other option is the lingenfelter hpfp thats $1595.00, injectors $4399.60, and probably the LT4 low side pump would get you to where you want to be on E85. Maybe the LT4 with the addition of a boost a pump. I doubt you would need the additional fuel lobe from a cam seeing as how you are only trying to get to 700whp. There is a company that is selling the injectors for $900 cheaper than lingenfelter called fuel injector connection (FIC) $3520.00 over $1000 cheaper if you are or ever have been in the military as they have military discounts %5.
sticky this .. So on 7 to 10 PSI of boost any idea how much more HP with E60? My guess is 1 to 4 percent power increase over a tune 93. But I really DON'T know.