Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 RS Radiant Red
Fan blower squealing ?

Took the beast into the dealer because of a noise coming from the blower motor, it squeals at all speeds, the local dealer thinks it MAY be some dirt rubbing the fan blade or a PEICE of debris that is caught between the fan and the shroud in the blower housing... I think it's a bearing etc.. They told me it wasn't under warranty if it's dirt, but would be if it's a mechanical issue, but the only way they can tell is tear it apart and check it out, but it will cost a ton if it's dirt etc... Does anyone else have this issue ? Before I take it in for the repair.... Thanks...mjclemm...
mjclemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
This has been covered already. Design issue with the fan itself is the most likely cause. I cleaned mine, pushed on it and it stopped most of the noise. Every so often it returns though. Easy access yourself though the plastic should in front of the windshield.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
This has been covered already. Design issue with the fan itself is the most likely cause. I cleaned mine, pushed on it and it stopped most of the noise. Every so often it returns though. Easy access yourself though the plastic should in front of the windshield.
Thanks for the reply, I searched for it and couldn't find it, I will try again..... So, what you did is remove the front plastic and I can access it thru there ? Thanks again..mjclemm...
Old 07-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
There have been a number of threads on this. The typical symptom is squeaking at low fan speeds, from new. If yours started just recently, maybe it is debris. Blower replacement is a huge job, so better to be sure.

FWIW, mine squeaked when new, at low speed only, then stopped after a couple of years.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #5
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
There have been a number of threads on this. The typical symptom is squeaking at low fan speeds, from new. If yours started just recently, maybe it is debris. Blower replacement is a huge job, so better to be sure.

FWIW, mine squeaked when new, at low speed only, then stopped after a couple of years.
Thanks for the heads up.. I searched for the exact issue and didn't find it... Maybe I'm just not using the correct key words, I'll try again... Thanks ..mjclemm..