Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #15
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
RIP, windshield thread
Damn, I don't remember the windshield thread.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:35 AM   #16
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
Damn, I don't remember the windshield thread.
Lemme break it down for ya. Mmmkkkaayy. Lady comes on claiming GM, must repair the leaky roof to windshield area, lots of rust and wet floors. The water also damaged some expensive luggage that Likely was placed on said known wet floor. She said her uncle was a lawyer and would not stop pressing GM until said repair was made under warranty. Then another member dug up old post about getting said leaky car. Which had evidence the car received a hood, roof, and trunk lid replacement at a restoration shop due to hail damage prior to purchase. The end.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #17
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Car bought new, sold as new, therefore GM foots the bill. Simple. Rest of this is nonsense.

Thread flagged.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Car bought new, sold as new, therefore GM foots the bill. Simple. Rest of this is nonsense.

Thread flagged.
Except the dealer did a crappy repair job, and it was made known to the buyer there were extensive repairs done. So even though GM might foot the bill, it's not their fault in the least and they're getting screwed over.

I can't say I blame her for trying but it's simply dishonest and shady.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #19
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Except the dealer did a crappy repair job, and it was made known to the buyer there were extensive repairs done. So even though GM might foot the bill, it's not their fault in the least and they're getting screwed over.

I can't say I blame her for trying but it's simply dishonest and shady.
shady on her part? or the dealers?

not saying she doesn't have a flair for the dramatic, but she had rain water collect in the overhead visor then subsequently poured out on her handbag and seat...

she forgot the fact that 4-5 years ago the selling dealer replaced the windshield after having hail damage primarily because she had numerous issues with the poor quality of the repaint on the car.

I guess no one else has ever forgotten anything in their lives.

must be nice to not worry about the rocks being thrown at glass houses.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #20
FenwickHockey65

There's shady stuff going on all over the place with this. If it were me, I'd be taking it up with the dealer that authorized the crappy repair work or that repair shop, not with GM.

I also just thought of something, even if this was GM's fault, how is it warranty work? The car in question has over 100k miles I believe so as far as I know, the corrosion warranty is shot and the bumper-to-bumper warranty has been gone for ages now.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #21
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
shady on her part? or the dealers?

not saying she doesn't have a flair for the dramatic, but she had rain water collect in the overhead visor then subsequently poured out on her handbag and seat...

she forgot the fact that 4-5 years ago the selling dealer replaced the windshield after having hail damage primarily because she had numerous issues with the poor quality of the repaint on the car.

I guess no one else has ever forgotten anything in their lives.

must be nice to not worry about the rocks being thrown at glass houses.
there was a distinct air of fraud or extortion being attempted IMO. who drives a car for 70k miles after knowing it floods inside ?? who leaves an $1800 bag on the seat unattended ?? if you can afford a $1800 accessory why can't you afford a $1000 repair ?? defending stupidity is a thankless task.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #22
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
There's shady stuff going on all over the place with this. If it were me, I'd be taking it up with the dealer that authorized the crappy repair work or that repair shop, not with GM.

I also just thought of something, even if this was GM's fault, how is it warranty work? The car in question has over 100k miles I believe so as far as I know, the corrosion warranty is shot and the bumper-to-bumper warranty has been gone for ages now.
Definitely, and she is taking it up with the dealer now. But that goes back to my main point. She forgot/neglected the fact that she bought a hail damaged car 4-5 years ago. Ever buy a used car before? Ever find something years after that the previous owner mentioned, but you forgot?
I've never owned a new car in my life (don't plan to start any time soon either) and I've had numerous times where a minor issue (that wasn't readily apparent) reared its head months or even years down the road and I would give myself a because I knew about it, but didn't connect the dots in my head at the time.

shit happens. why in the hell is everyone so quick to crucify someone for making a mistake? Do you remember every single detail about every little thing on your car/in your life?

as far as the corrosion warranty, she had a long standing, documented history of the car leaking (and here's the kicker) without a root cause being identified.

GM can (and usually does) honor the warranty if it was a long standing issue that had not been resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
there was a distinct air of fraud or extortion being attempted IMO. who drives a car for 70k miles after knowing it floods inside ?? who leaves an $1800 bag on the seat unattended ?? if you can afford a $1800 accessory why can't you afford a $1000 repair ?? defending stupidity is a thankless task.
She even stated that she had taken the car in repeatedly and the techs could not find the source of the leaking. During the time, it wasn't that big of a deal as it was mild floorboard wetness. but now, the overhead compt filled with water and poured all over and finally, (4-5 yrs later) the source of the leak was found.

have you never carried a laptop in the pass seat? ever move to a new house and put your PS4 on the seat? or any other expensive item you own? phone, pda, etc.
its not about what was left on the seat. its about the fact that the ovhd compt filled with leaking water and poured on the seat.

not to mention

Its called a warranty...

By that ignorant logic, if you can afford a car, you can afford any repair bill less than the price of the car.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.... its not about what you can afford to pay for.

The warranty is there for a reason, its insurance for when things fail/break/whatever. Would you (or anyone for that matter) want to have to pay out of pocket for something you've had issues with since owning the car that was never fixed when it should have been?

Of course not.

So she forgot a detail from half a decade ago that would have straightened everything up. whoopity freaking doo.
All she was wanting to accomplish was to get her car fixed. She went straight to the source (ie GM), and they shot her down up front (its what all manufacturers do, btw... until you scream and piss and moan to get their attention.)
She posted it on here and got chastised for it. Which, all things considered was probably the best thing for her.

because of our perseverance to call out her perceived wrongdoings, some of our members with apparently too much time on their hands, went back and found the key piece of information that she needed to remedy her issue.

its just a shame that it was done in an attempt to ridicule her as opposed to help her.

if that amount of effort had been put toward helping her when she first posted about her car leaking (years ago), she could have had it repaired correctly and you all could be flaming someone else over some other misconstrued bull shit on an internet web page where the stories are made up and the post counts don't matter.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #23
FenwickHockey65

Never owned a used car in my life and as long as I have the finances, I never will. I had enough nightmares trying to find a good used car in college and don't plan on having to go down that road ever again. And I actually do remember every issue with my Envoy as it's all been documented in the maintenance record in the glove box. So...

Like I said, I don't blame her for wanting someone to pay to fix her car, I would do the same. The rust and water problems are BS and someone should pay up. But I do have a problem with acting as though it's GM's fault when the issue may very well have been caused by an outside repair shop's shoddy work.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #24
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
<snip>But that goes back to my main point. She forgot/neglected the fact that she bought a hail damaged car 4-5 years ago.<snip>
Yea, except when first reminded of the fact she had posted of a replaced windshield she claimed it was her boyfriend's car she was talking about, not hers. Later, when presented with the evidence, it was "oh, I forgot".

Umm, OK.

Then... just as it was about to get really good... POOF!

Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Never owned a used car in my life and as long as I have the finances, I never will. I had enough nightmares trying to find a good used car in college and don't plan on having to go down that road ever again. And I actually do remember every issue with my Envoy as it's all been documented in the maintenance record in the glove box. So...

Like I said, I don't blame her for wanting someone to pay to fix her car, I would do the same. The rust and water problems are BS and someone should pay up. But I do have a problem with acting as though it's GM's fault when the issue may very well have been caused by an outside repair shop's shoddy work.
your personal luck with used cars is something we can discuss off hand.
I've owned over 2 dozen cars in my life, none of which have been brand new. I don't not buy new cars because of finances per se.
moreso, I can keep more of my money in my pocket buying used and maintaining/fixing than I ever could buying new with higher ins rates/etc.
plus, I like to work on my cars and don't like jumping through warranty hoops when I want to mod and something breaks.
to that end, one of my best cars ever (my 99 Saturn SL2), was a $500.00 craigslist car that I have less than $3k in total (2 sets of tires, numerous oil changes, timing chain, motor mounts, starter, 2 water pumps, etc) invested. But considering I also have nearly 75k miles on the car since buying it april 13... its easily saved me way more than I've ever spent on it in fuel savings alone.
I'm at 265,xxx miles on the car right now and I get 32+ highway mpg doing 80-ish to and from work every day. and I rack up about 800 miles a week in the car atm.

as far as remembering every issue tho... there's a difference between remembering it and having it written down for reference later. lol

up to the point where it was factually identified as being repaired by an outside shop, it was legitimately an issue with GM.
Once it was identified/remembered that the windshield had been replaced... the tone changed from going to GM to going back to the repairing dealer.
She was never out to screw GM or anything of the sort, she just wanted her problem fixed and went straight to the initially perceived source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Yea, except when first reminded of the fact she had posted of a replaced windshield she claimed it was her boyfriend's car she was talking about, not hers. Later, when presented with the evidence, it was "oh, I forgot".

Umm, OK.

Then... just as it was about to get really good... POOF!

IIRC....her boyfriends/husbands windshield was replaced too at a separate time.

but... after further researching by our members (again, I wish I had the free time to care enough to dig through years of posts to find that information), it was pointed out that she had forgotten the fact that she bought a hail damaged car that had the windshield replaced and it wasn't until that point that the dots were connected

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

all I'm saying is its amazing how a simple mistake can inspire so many to want to join on the flamewar bandwagon

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #27
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
There's an old saying the internet never forgets..this forum is a flame thrower and if you're not prepared...
Old 02-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #28
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
up to the point where it was factually identified as being repaired by an outside shop, it was legitimately an issue with GM.
Once it was identified/remembered that the windshield had been replaced... the tone changed from going to GM to going back to the repairing dealer.
She was never out to screw GM or anything of the sort, she just wanted her problem fixed and went straight to the initially perceived source.
...Yeah that's not the story I'm getting from her. Not saying you're wrong or lying, just that she told me something completely different.