Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
RRrumbLE

Drives: 2011 CGM LS3 Hurst 2SS/RS Camaro
Corvette Racing / ALMS at MoSport on Sunday!

Following in Prima Donna's footsteps here's a quick preview of the other Chevy GT effort in Canada this weekend:

MoSport always produces amazing races. But watching our brothers at Corvette Racing take on top flight efforts from Ferrari, BMW, and Porsche at such a high speed circuit is truly special.

MoSport is the sight of Corvette Racing's last victory from a year ago. They really, really need a win this year. They've come tantalizingly close several times. Hopefully they can seal the deal on Sunday!
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Cool, thanks for sharing!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
It's a good thing I turned the race off after this crash because that's pretty much where it ended. Luke Hines was lucky to walk away from that one. Notice how close the corvettes were to getting tangled up in that mess.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
RRrumbLE

Sorry it took me so long - it's State Fair time up here so I had to wait and watch it on DVR.

And thanks to both of you for posting!!

That was an unbelievable smash up at the end. I think Hines' mohawk must have magic powers to be able to walk away from that.

What really got me, though, was Dirk Mueller's earlier launch/crash in the BMW that caused that first long yellow. At that point Jan Magnussen in the #4 Corvette was in second and nipping at the heels of the first place Porsche. But after the yellow he lost almost a whole lap and their race was ruined.

Oh, and speaking of the Corvettes almost getting tangled up in a crash, did anyone else watch the Le Mans 24 hour event this year? Antony Davidson hip-checked the leading Corvette while sweeping through the Porsche Curves in his Peugeot LMP-1. Davidson then finishes his stint and actually blames the GT cars for, "slowing us down." Weeeeeaaak.

Anyway, we've still got Grand-Am in Utah plus Petit Le Mans to try and squeeze out a win for our Chevy boys.

Hey Prima Donna - any idea when Speed Channel might televise the Continental SCC race at Montreal? I'm dyin to see if Stevenson closed the gap to that Roush Mustang.

Hasta!

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Mags got smacked in the wheel by the Dyson/Lola/Mazda prototype car right before that yellow happened. What's with these prototype drivers?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

FYI

There was no Continental race in Montreal this past weekend, only the Rolex Series...

The next races for the Grand-Am Series are:

1 - Rolex Series - Saturday 9/11 televised LIVE on Speed at 2pm...

2- Continental Series - race is 9/11, however the broadcast will be tape-delayed on Speed on Saturday 9/18...not sure of the time...

You can go on the Grand-Am.com site and sign up for email notifications...that is one of the ways I find out when the races will air and take place...

For the Continental Series, you can follow the race on the Grand-Am website with 'real time' updates, but no videos....

Hope that helps...

How about those Stevenson Camaros in the Rolex race this past Saturday in Montreal??!!...

They were 1-2 until 5 minutes to go, when the Corvette passed them, however they had a 2-3 podium finish after all!!!...WooHoo!!!...Way 2 Go!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
RRrumbLE

That was an awesome race in Montreal. Sorry to hear there wasn't a Continental race up there. The drivers can really attack the corners up there.

I'll be watching on Sunday! But I'll probably have to DVR it since it's Kickoff Sunday.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRrumbLE View Post
That was an awesome race in Montreal. Sorry to hear there wasn't a Continental race up there. The drivers can really attack the corners up there.

I'll be watching on Sunday! But I'll probably have to DVR it since it's Kickoff Sunday.

FYI - the Rolex race is Saturday, 9/11 at 2pm on Speed!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
RRrumbLE

Sweet! Now if I could just get those reading lessons to pay off!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRrumbLE View Post
Sweet! Now if I could just get those reading lessons to pay off!
LOL, no worries!!!