Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Dealer Allocations

Help me understand this please. Is everything based off dealer allocations or are there other allocations?

Meaning Like the car for the May 6th launch or other dealer inventory cars.

I know customer orders have to wait at 1100(stuck at the dealer) until they get an allocation from GM but are there other cars being made that are not specific customer orders?

I suppose there could be unfilled allocations that a dealer could use to stock their lot.

Is there a different allocation pool for dealer inventory? If so what determines when those are made? What about AVIS. How many cars do they have now and where did those allocations come from?

Heres a local dealer listing 4 cars in inventory

www.QuirkNH.com

I did not order from them They seemed shady to me and I think there marking up.

Got a direct mail from another local dealer with an available 2SS as well.

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
Shadowmind

Drives: 2010 2SS - IOM, fully loaded
So... Theres 3 cycles from what I understand.

Allocations are given to each dealership based on sales volume. Pre-orders used up most dealers allocations. Those are currently being built and delivered.
There were some non-pre-orders completed as well and sent to dealerships. Those are the ones you're seeing on the lots. Most of those were factory 1LTs and a 'very' few 2SS.
Next is new orders. Any allotments that haven't been issued are being used up by new dealer orders, those orders are pushing and estimated 14-24 weeks.
Chevy will continue to mix in non-ordered builds to heavily volume dealers (total vehicles sold, not just Camaros) and send those out to the lots.

In November, most allotments should be completed, and a batch will be sent out for the real 2010 run.
Shadowmind is offline   Reply With Quote