Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #141
MiamiCane

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxchan View Post
Last stop will be at the Indian Town for the East Coast.
Yes - My car is finally in Indian Town! I called the dealer today and found out that the car has been bayed and is awaiting pickup. Should be here on Monday. So am I the last 12/14 TPW to get their Camaro? Anyone else still waiting?
1 of 1 ever made with this combo
MiamiCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #142
danno2012

Drives: sw 2ss rs, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCane View Post
Yes - My car is finally in Indian Town! I called the dealer today and found out that the car has been bayed and is awaiting pickup. Should be here on Monday. So am I the last 12/14 TPW to get their Camaro? Anyone else still waiting?
Yes :(
danno2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #143
MiamiCane

My car is finally here!!! The dealer is getting it ready for delivery as we speak. I'll be picking it up around 5 and I'll be sure to take some pics.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #144
MiamiCane

Here are the pictures I promised you guys. I would have posted sooner but I've been enjoying my new Camaro. During the drive home from the dealer I felt the same rush as when I first got behind the wheel of a car when I was 15.

P.S. - The pics were taken with my camera phone so that's why the quality isn't that great. I'll definately have some better ones later.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #145
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
very nice!! and congrats!! glad you finally got it!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #146
MiamiCane

Almost forgot - I have 2 questions for you guys.

1) Does the Camaro not come with rear floor mats? The dealer told me that the car doesn't come with rear floor mats and I was shocked. I thought I knew everything about the Camaro from these forums but I've never heard about this. I believe my dealer but can you guys confirm this for me?

2) My car was putting out white smoke on the drive home. It was clear to see when I was stopped at a red light, but when I started moving the smoke wasn't visible until I came to a stop again. When I got home there was a burning smell coming from the tail pipes and some clear white smoke coming out. Is this normal for a Camaro with only 5 miles on it? Is there any plastic underneath the car that the dealer might have left on by accident that I should look for? Did anyone else have this happen?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #147
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The burning smell is normal for a new car. The car I test drove did that. Something to do with everything getting hot in the drive train for the first few times.

The white smoke is probably condensation. It happens sometimes when a vehicle sits for a while. A bit of water in your exhaust, I think. I am NOT and expert on this one though, so if someone else thinks otherwise, jump right in.

By the way, thanks for sharing the pictures. You have a beautiful car!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #148
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Almost forgot - I have 2 questions for you guys.

1) Does the Camaro not come with rear floor mats? The dealer told me that the car doesn't come with rear floor mats and I was shocked. I thought I knew everything about the Camaro from these forums but I've never heard about this. I believe my dealer but can you guys confirm this for me?

2) My car was putting out white smoke on the drive home. It was clear to see when I was stopped at a red light, but when I started moving the smoke wasn't visible until I came to a stop again. When I got home there was a burning smell coming from the tail pipes and some clear white smoke coming out. Is this normal for a Camaro with only 5 miles on it? Is there any plastic underneath the car that the dealer might have left on by accident that I should look for? Did anyone else have this happen?
1. There are No rear floor mats, I had the same question a couple weeks ago.

2. the burning smell was probably coming from under the hood. All my new cars have had it, it ts the engine paint burning off the hot parts of the engine.. It wil go away in a few days... the white smoke was actually steam fromt he condensation in the exhaust.. nothing to worry about..
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #149
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Here are the pictures I promised you guys. I would have posted sooner but I've been enjoying my new Camaro. During the drive home from the dealer I felt the same rush as when I first got behind the wheel of a car when I was 15.

P.S. - The pics were taken with my camera phone so that's why the quality isn't that great. I'll definately have some better ones later.

nice car great choice in color too
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #150
MiamiCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
nice car great choice in color too
Thanks! You have great taste in color too. I almost ordered it with the black stripes, but I think that I want them to extend a little past the hood onto the front bumper (if I do them at all, I'm still undecided).

I actually have 2 more questions for you guys now.

1) Did you get the front license plate mounting bracket? I'm not planning on putting on a front plate, but isn't the bracket supposed to come with the car (because I never got it when I took delivery)?

2) Did your owners manual come with a protective cover? (Like a leather/plastic sleeve that the manual slides into) Or did you get a portfolio type booklet/folder to hold all the manuals? My manuals are all in a ziplock bag and I'm used to getting a protective covering for my owners manual when I buy a new car (in fact, every single car I've purchased has had one)
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #151
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Thanks! You have great taste in color too. I almost ordered it with the black stripes, but I think that I want them to extend a little past the hood onto the front bumper (if I do them at all, I'm still undecided).

1) Did you get the front license plate mounting bracket? I'm not planning on putting on a front plate, but isn't the bracket supposed to come with the car (because I never got it when I took delivery)?

2) Did your owners manual come with a protective cover? (Like a leather/plastic sleeve that the manual slides into) Or did you get a portfolio type booklet/folder to hold all the manuals? My manuals are all in a ziplock bag and I'm used to getting a protective covering for my owners manual when I buy a new car (in fact, every single car I've purchased has had one)
1) yes, i got the mounting bracket. told my dealer not to put it on though so it's sitting in the trunk. it did come with one though.

2) nope, my manual came in a ziplock bag too.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #152
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

1) I didn't get one because my State does not require a front tag.

2) Owner's manual came in a Zip Lock baggie also... Cost cutting measure...
Old 01-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #153
MiamiCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2012 View Post
I got my manual yesterday,
it did not come with a plastic cover however it was surrounded by a real nice white 2ss Rs !!!! Camaro
I would post a picture if i could figure out how
And I always thought I'd be the last 12/14 TPW to get my car hahaha. Congrats man! I'm glad you finally got it. You definitely have to post some pics now when you get a chance. Can't wait to see your ride.