Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 04:11 AM   #1
camguynj


 
camguynj's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,600
Tesla announces GASOLINE powered car


http://fortune.com/2017/10/09/teslas...rend-gasoline/

Last edited by camguynj; 10-10-2017 at 06:32 AM.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #2
Splat

 
Splat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Rochelle New York
Posts: 1,360
After reading that, I can see that hes an angry little man.

But it will be interesting to see his "Model T"
__________________
2012 1SS Camaro LS3 Inferno Orange
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 AM   #3
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude
 
Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 391
I have to wonder why if he can't produce enough electric cars to supply his demands he is bowing to the general public and going gas powered. He still won't be able to meet his demand and will make that situation even worse. Seems like a really stupid marketing ploy to me.

Maybe at least he can make a gas engine more fuel efficient. I remember Chevy had a 3 cylinder engine in the late 80's - in the Spectrum or something like that that got really great mileage but it went away after only a few years. I never could figure out why. It surely wasn't a muscle car by any means but it did have a nitch in the market I thought.
__________________
So far I like my car the way it came from the factory.
Orange skid mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
cdb95z28

 
cdb95z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 1,366
Guys.....It's fake.

At the bottom of the article,
"For more satire from Fortune, click here."
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM-Build Thread:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395103
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roadracing3/
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 5.3L-Hauls stuff
2009 Pontiac G8 GT-SOLD
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7L-SOLD http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cars...-c-lt1-691328/
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT-Hauls Kids
1981 'Vette-Chevette that is, "Yeah, I had a 'Vette"-SOLD(obviously)
1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic/1991 Chevrolet Caprice-Old man cars while I was in my 20s & 30s
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #5
Spurshot
 
Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 596
I ordered mine last night. Can’t wait.

At first I thought this guy was the second coming of Henry Ford and Thomas Edison all in one. Then I started to think he was the second coming of “there’s a sucker born every minute” PT Barnum and “snowmobile” king John DeLorean with all the razzle dazzle to build a stock market empire that manufactures $400 a share stock by selling $100,000 cars at a loss. This guy is an incredible marketing genius. He’s hired every engineering college grad for Burger King wages, stole a few key really innovative gray beard engineers from NASA contractors and demonstrated what these old engineers did when we soft landed a rocket on the moon in 1969, to the amazement and accolades of the industry and general public. Whatever this guy is selling, I want some...of his stock. For a little while anyway.

Some people think Elon Musk is the smartest guy in the room. I think they may be right. Kenneth Lay is dead and Jeff Skilling is in prison.
__________________

Last edited by Spurshot; 10-10-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Spurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #6
Junior
 
Junior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hampstead, Maryland
Posts: 464
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Guys.....It's fake.

At the bottom of the article,
"For more satire from Fortune, click here."
One shouldn't even need that to understand the article is satire. It is pretty funny though.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 AM   #7
Reaper85
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 506
Abanding ludicrous speed is an upset, I really wanted to go plaid.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
gringo

 
gringo's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
I have to wonder why if he can't produce enough electric cars to supply his demands he is bowing to the general public and going gas powered. He still won't be able to meet his demand and will make that situation even worse. Seems like a really stupid marketing ploy to me.

Maybe at least he can make a gas engine more fuel efficient. I remember Chevy had a 3 cylinder engine in the late 80's - in the Spectrum or something like that that got really great mileage but it went away after only a few years. I never could figure out why. It surely wasn't a muscle car by any means but it did have a nitch in the market I thought.
It was the Geo Metro that had the 3 cyl. It was really a Suzuki and was used to raise the CAFE averages for Chevrolet. They also made a pretty neat little convertible as well.

No one would drive a car like that today due to the perceived safety disadvantages of such a small, light car. People today think they need 4000+lb vehicle or an 8000 lb truck to be safe.

The only thing I don't like about Tesla is the styling. It is extremely bland, almost to the point of total obscurity.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #9
Spurshot
 
Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post

No one would drive a car like that today due to the perceived safety disadvantages of such a small, light car. People today think they need 4000+lb vehicle or an 8000 lb truck to be safe.
.
I’m a perceived believer.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Spurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
sherob


 
sherob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
It was the Geo Metro that had the 3 cyl. It was really a Suzuki and was used to raise the CAFE averages for Chevrolet. They also made a pretty neat little convertible as well.

No one would drive a car like that today due to the perceived safety disadvantages of such a small, light car. People today think they need 4000+lb vehicle or an 8000 lb truck to be safe.

The only thing I don't like about Tesla is the styling. It is extremely bland, almost to the point of total obscurity.
... really? My daughter can pick a Tesla out from the pack a 100 miles away.
__________________
“The Eagles and the Captain and Tennille ruled the airwaves, and we were the answer to it.” - Joey Ramone

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #11
lbls1


 
lbls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,198
Oh darn. I was about to cheer. I'm sick of this electric car talk. I don't want to see my hobby die, and with the advent of the electric car the automobile will go the way of the modern train: Electric driven, ultra efficient, completely boring (some of the old NYC Subway cars were cool though.).
__________________
'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #12
Spurshot
 
Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Oh darn. I was about to cheer. I'm sick of this electric car talk. I don't want to see my hobby die, and with the advent of the electric car the automobile will go the way of the modern train: Electric driven, ultra efficient, completely boring (some of the old NYC Subway cars were cool though.).
I wouldn’t worry too much. They won’t confiscate your car...for quite a while, anyway. They gotta get the bathroom dilemma figured out first.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Spurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
gringo

 
gringo's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
I’m a perceived believer.
You will be until a three axle dump truck rear ends you. Then, you'll feel like the poor little Metro owner.lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #14
Spurshot
 
Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
You will be until a three axle dump truck rear ends you. Then, you'll feel like the poor little Metro owner.lol!
You stack the odds as best you can and you take your chances. I have no objections to someone wanting to drive a “Smartcar”. I want lots of metal around me.
__________________
Spurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.