Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #547
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Might as well get one now. The next GT is only gonna be faster.
Then I might get the next GT. Right now I refuse to award Ford for putting a Chinese transmission in the car and blowing off owners. So I refuse to buy new. I bet most people selling used this early also have transmission problems or else why would you dump the car so quick?

The other thing is for me the mustang isn't comfortable. I feel cramped in the car. The camaro is a better fitting car when it comes to comfort. No reason to comment on this or disagree as this is just how I feel and my opinion.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #548
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Then I might get the next GT. Right now I refuse to award Ford for putting a Chinese transmission in the car and blowing off owners. So I refuse to buy new. I bet most people selling used this early also have transmission problems or else why would you dump the car so quick?

The other thing is for me the mustang isn't comfortable. I feel cramped in the car. The camaro is a better fitting car when it comes to comfort. No reason to comment on this or disagree as this is just how I feel and my opinion.
Well I'm gonna comment anyway I tend to agree with you, the camaro is much more comfortable to me. And yeah, the trans issues are really not comforting...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #549
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
With slicks, there is no reason an SS wouldn't be able to run that. While I haven't seen too many Camaros at my local track, the ones that I have seen have been running mostly in the 13s, even modified ones. What broke the mold was 1 stock 2011 1SS I've seen that ran a 12.8x@112 stock, down to the tire. I ran a 12.52 with a Ford Racing tune (very conservative) and GT500 mufflers (I don't know if these do anything), but I am also running a 275 series tires. It's not DR or a slick, but that extra 20mm of contact patch does help off the line a bit.
DEKI , Ford Racing Tune, really. When I had my stang Ford didn't tune cars. Now they do wow.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #550
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
The guy had an issue with his MT82 that was not rectified to his liking. He no longer has the car which gave him trouble and now owns one that he loves and is giving him trouble free motoring. I went through the same thing with a G37S, where anyone who owned one just refused to believe the car was as troublesome as it was. 2 clutches, 2 transmissions, both front hubs wore out in 10k miles, driver's side brake caliper seized, rear sub frame leaked, cruise control went out 5 separate times, dash peeled, trim pieces fell apart, rear differential whined...all within 50k miles...car never saw the track, always garaged, always serviced at Infiniti. So give him a break, and let's all move on.
True. Maybe his was a bad one. Lord knows I had one BMW that magazines loved that I soon loathed. I do however wish he'd stop posting about it everywhere in such a confrontational tone only to take offense when others come to the defense of the car based on their experiences. He wisely got out of his back experience and into a good one for him. We should all be happy and move on.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #551
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
True. Maybe his was a bad one. Lord knows I had one BMW that magazines loved that I soon loathed. I do however wish he'd stop posting about it everywhere in such a confrontational tone only to take offense when others come to the defense of the car based on their experiences. He wisely got out of his back experience and into a good one for him. We should all be happy and move on.
I'm far from being confrontational. I certainly hope your trans works better than mine did. I'd certainly hate to see you drop 6th gear like the guy with the Boss in the shop when I took mine in originally...
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #552
Wahrheit
Banned

Drives: a lot of cars
I think this thread has answered the op question and has recently turned into mud slinging, from some of the members that have agendas against some vehicles, I believe the original question was a valid one but he didn't realize that it stirred the fan boys up on both sides to a frenzy.
Wahrheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #553
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

I think it turned into mud slinging a long time ago lol
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #554
atari_80s_guy
Banned

Drives: 96 impala ss
Simple.............the camaro has got to lose weight
atari_80s_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #555
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
ya those 5.0s are fast but its a drivers race, then when u get in to the bolton's only the mustang clearly is faster its a 11.0 sec car and 1 has run 10's with boltons . unless u lose some weight on ur camaro its gonna be hard to run with one in the modified world. both are awesome cars tho.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #556
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I'm far from being confrontational. I certainly hope your trans works better than mine did. I'd certainly hate to see you drop 6th gear like the guy with the Boss in the shop when I took mine in originally...
Good to know. I do feel for you; nothing worse than getting a car, any car and having issues with it. Trust me, based on my experience all the manufacturers are the same. Unless a problem becomes epidemic, and they are forced to issue a recall, good luck ever finding real satisfaction. I had a tonne of issues with my last 335i, and until the rim and injector issues were finally acknowledged by the manufacturer I was treated like a criminal by the damn dealers. Ah well, fingers crossed that my tranny holds together and that your Camaro is a good'un.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #557
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Good to know. I do feel for you; nothing worse than getting a car, any car and having issues with it. Trust me, based on my experience all the manufacturers are the same. Unless a problem becomes epidemic, and they are forced to issue a recall, good luck ever finding real satisfaction. I had a tonne of issues with my last 335i, and until the rim and injector issues were finally acknowledged by the manufacturer I was treated like a criminal by the damn dealers. Ah well, fingers crossed that my tranny holds together and that your Camaro is a good'un.
The guy here locally with the Boss got a new trans out of his ordeal. He had less than 2000 miles on the car at that time. Not sure if he still has the car. Haven't seen it in months.