Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Pure Power Reusable oil filter

www.gopurepower.com
I am curious if any one here has any experience with these. I've only seen one person using it and he said it had a lot little bits of paper after the first oil change with it installed. It is supposed to allow the rate of oil through the filter increase and drop resistance on the oil pump. The lower oil pump resistance in turn increases usable engine power(if the oil pump is ran from engine). The increased flow rate can increase oil pressure and boost lubrication.

The main downside is the initial cost( about 200), but if you get all these perks and it's a lifetime filter you may get your money back.

So does anyone else have any opinions about this type of filter and the companies products? It's hard to sift through BS and find a great product sometimes.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
I have used these before. They work very well. Have one on a blown 540 BBC. Never had a filter issue and in conjunction with an oil cooler the unrestricted flow really keeps the bearing temps down. Easy to pop apart and clean too. It is stainless steel. If it seems a little pricey for you Summit Racing makes their own version, or if you want paper, K&N makes a decent oil filter.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Price isn't so much a problem as was the lack of info I could find for it. The best I could find were a bunch of Duramax guys going over it. If they make an auto trans filter for a Camaro I think that would be a definite buy.

^^Is there a magnet inside the filter?
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote