Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
GMAC can eat a ****!!

I am in total shock and disgust right now. I purchased a 2008 HHR SS April of 2008. I financed it through GMAC at a killer rate of 2.5%. Well in September of 2008 I decided that the extended "Protection Plan" I purchased with the car was a waste of money. I went down to my dealer and cancelled it out. My dealer explained that it would just be taken off of my loan that I would not get a cash refund. Fine. So in October when I log into my GMAC account online it shows that I don't owe a payment until the end of December. It shows the $1208 that was refunded to me was added to my payments. Good enough. I just got a little extra Christmas money.

Fast forward to today. I get a call in the office from GMAC wanting to know why I'm two months behind on my payments. I was in shock.....I thought it was a friend calling me trying to pull a prank. This was no prank. GMAC has decided that the refund I got last September should have been taken off the top of the loan and not applied as payments. So they've now "fixed" this for me but I'm now two months behind on my payments.....I was in total shock and awe!!! I spoke to four levels above and they aren't going to do a thing about it. So now come October 27 I have three car payments I have to make on my HHR SS. They are basically saying if I don't pay for late payments and my current payment by October 27th they're threatening to repo the HHR. I bought my first new car in 1994. It was 1994 Red Chevrolet Camaro. I've owned nothing but Chevrolet's since. Every single one of them has been financed through GMAC and I have never been late once, on any one of those cars monthly payments.....

I'm so shocked I'm not even mad right now. It's like a bad dream.

Thanks for lisenting to my rant.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Unbelievable...

Here when someone cancels a service contract they get a check back...

That is just CRAZY!!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Sorry Ssooch.

That just isn't right.

But I bet they were real pleasant about it since they had done you the favor of "fixing" it.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Too bad you couldnt let em have it without wrecking your credit..
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Wow.... yeah I'd be pretty pissed too. Maybe try reading the loan literature and see if you can show where it says they aren't allowed to do that? I dunno know if I can even get through that legal language though (brain threatens to implode). Know any lawyers?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
It just sounds way too fishy to me, if they are going to alter your payments, they have to be required to notify you within a reasonable amount of time, which you obviously weren't.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
It amazes me how these big corporations just don't give a crap about your situation.
Would it kill them to work this out with you and make it right? Hell, it would be in their best interest to work it out with you. Makes no sense. I say pay it up, then go and refinance your loan and make sure that their corporate gets a letter as to why you dumped their F N AZZ.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I am in total shock and disgust right now. I purchased a 2008 HHR SS April of 2008. I financed it through GMAC at a killer rate of 2.5%. Well in September of 2008 I decided that the extended "Protection Plan" I purchased with the car was a waste of money. I went down to my dealer and cancelled it out. My dealer explained that it would just be taken off of my loan that I would not get a cash refund. Fine. So in October when I log into my GMAC account online it shows that I don't owe a payment until the end of December. It shows the $1208 that was refunded to me was added to my payments. Good enough. I just got a little extra Christmas money.

Fast forward to today. I get a call in the office from GMAC wanting to know why I'm two months behind on my payments. I was in shock.....I thought it was a friend calling me trying to pull a prank. This was no prank. GMAC has decided that the refund I got last September should have been taken off the top of the loan and not applied as payments. So they've now "fixed" this for me but I'm now two months behind on my payments.....I was in total shock and awe!!! I spoke to four levels above and they aren't going to do a thing about it. So now come October 27 I have three car payments I have to make on my HHR SS. They are basically saying if I don't pay for late payments and my current payment by October 27th they're threatening to repo the HHR. I bought my first new car in 1994. It was 1994 Red Chevrolet Camaro. I've owned nothing but Chevrolet's since. Every single one of them has been financed through GMAC and I have never been late once, on any one of those cars monthly payments.....

I'm so shocked I'm not even mad right now. It's like a bad dream.

Thanks for lisenting to my rant.

Ive been trying to get them to refund my Extended warranty for 2 months now .. I'll keep an eye out on how they do it .. thanks for stating this!! Its total bull!!

Crowley
Old 10-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

I feel like refinanacing my HHR through a local credit union and telling GMAC to stick it but there is no way I can get even close to 2.5% in today's market. I can't believe they'd do this. And they claim that they've been trying to get a hold of me for a month now. My cell phone and office phone have been the same numbers for the last ten years. My home phone has been the same for the last three!! It's total B.S.!!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Sucks. Dude, you just made ME mad. I hate it when these MFers do this type of crap.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sucks. Dude, you just made ME mad. I hate it when these MFers do this type of crap.
Don't get mad PQ! You're much cuter when you're happy!!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Don't get mad PQ! You're much cuter when you're happy!!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Try and get yourself on the local news, and push it all off on the dealer who told you that. Since he is also local.

The dealer will then straighten it out when the possiable loss of sales comes from bad local press on the news.

But tryin to putit all on GMAC wont get ya anywhere with the news.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

I'm just afraid for my credit. I've worked hard to keep and maintain my credit. I'll just pay it. And as Homer Simpson once said "Son, you just bitch and bitch about things you can't change to anybody who will listen, it's the American way"!!

It's just such a bite in the a$$ with the Holidays right around the corner ya know?