Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
Kyrac0103
Kyrac

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Goodbye to my 5th Gen...

Well after spending most of the year looking for a 2013 SS manual with low miles and in decent shape (I wanted a white one) I gave up... There was a 6th Gen 2018 2SS in white/w red trim sitting at local dealer for several months that I had seen so last week I stopped and checked it out, figuring they were ready to get it off their lot to make way for the 19's... I was right, they gave me a damn good deal on the 2018 and more than I expected for the trade-in on my 2013 V6 so I now have a new ride sitting in my garage waiting on spring...

I was not a huge fan of the 6th Gen at all but I have to admit, it has grown on me and this car is unbelievable in every way... And I have to admit, it looks really nice after I put 2 good coats of wax on it and detailed it to my standards, and I am one picky mo-fo!!!

I read about the issues with the TC in the tranny and hope I got one of the lucky ones and don't have any issues but guess we'll see (odometer has 134 miles on it)... Just wanted to say thanks to this 5th gen forum because I learned everything about my old car on here and it was fun driving it but now I get to play with a V8!!!
Kyrac0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrac0103 View Post
Well after spending most of the year looking for a 2013 SS manual with low miles and in decent shape (I wanted a white one) I gave up... There was a 6th Gen 2018 2SS in white/w red trim sitting at local dealer for several months that I had seen so last week I stopped and checked it out, figuring they were ready to get it off their lot to make way for the 19's... I was right, they gave me a damn good deal on the 2018 and more than I expected for the trade-in on my 2013 V6 so I now have a new ride sitting in my garage waiting on spring...

I was not a huge fan of the 6th Gen at all but I have to admit, it has grown on me and this car is unbelievable in every way... And I have to admit, it looks really nice after I put 2 good coats of wax on it and detailed it to my standards, and I am one picky mo-fo!!!

I read about the issues with the TC in the tranny and hope I got one of the lucky ones and don't have any issues but guess we'll see (odometer has 134 miles on it)... Just wanted to say thanks to this 5th gen forum because I learned everything about my old car on here and it was fun driving it but now I get to play with a V8!!!
Very nice... come on spring...

Oh, and up update your information below your user name...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:13 AM   #3
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
got pics?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 AM   #4
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Good for you! Esthetics aside, it’s apples and oranges. I like my 2015 SS vert but that LT1 is fab. Every car show that I watch drops in an LT1, LSA, or the big dog LSX. Timing is everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:47 AM   #5
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
got pics?
Agreed! Let's see it!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #6
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
The 6th gen has grown on me also. I was not a fan at first but after reading all the changes they did and I am starting to like the looks I like them.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #7
Kyrac0103
Kyrac

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
[IMG]https://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17111&pictureid=160231

Here is the new ride if I got this picture downloaded correct, if not I will try again later tonight to post it...
Kyrac0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #8
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831

Pictures or it didn't happen!

All joking aside, congrats on your new ride. The 6th gen cars are definitely a step above the 5th gen as far as performance and technology goes. I may one day find myself with a Fifty Anniversary edition sitting next to my 5th gen in my garage. You're more than welcome to keep cruising the 5th gen forums if you care to, but definitely check out camaro6 (you can even keep your same alias) and learn all you can about that new 6th gen and enjoy that a V8 rumble!!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #9
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Hard to imagine having to wait on spring...but I grew up in Ohio and get it. I remember if it hit 30-40 degrees and the sun was out, we'd get the motorcycles out. I do see some fine looking 6th gens. Still hangin on tho...congrats.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrac0103 View Post

Here is the new ride if I got this picture downloaded correct, if not I will try again later tonight to post it...
Here, fixed it for you. You left off the closing IMG argument

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
VERY nice!! I love how they have the 6th gen emblems in the fender hash marks.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #12
rshelar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Hard to imagine having to wait on spring...but I grew up in Ohio and get it. I remember if it hit 30-40 degrees and the sun was out, we'd get the motorcycles out. I do see some fine looking 6th gens. Still hangin on tho...congrats.

Ditto. Grew up in western PA but joined the USAF in 75 and they sent me to CA. Driving the vert to Santa Barbara today

Old 12-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
rshelar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post

Pictures or it didn't happen!

All joking aside, congrats on your new ride. The 6th gen cars are definitely a step above the 5th gen as far as performance and technology goes. I may one day find myself with a Fifty Anniversary edition sitting next to my 5th gen in my garage. You're more than welcome to keep cruising the 5th gen forums if you care to, but definitely check out camaro6 (you can even keep your same alias) and learn all you can about that new 6th gen and enjoy that a V8 rumble!!

A buddy in my club has a “Fifty” vert. Special paint, wheels, and logos are cool. He also has all the merchandise. His sticker was almost $55k but he got it for just under $50k. Pricey but very nice!

Old 12-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #14
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
great choice
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote