Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Jtmurillo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Havoc Rear Diffuser

Hello, I just got my havoc rear diffuser in the mail and am trying to debate how to get it painted. Both pieces satin black? Inside piece satin black and outside piece black to match car? Outside piece satin black and inside piece black to match my car? I am stuck. I have looked online at a lot of pictures but they all seem to be edited. Put your havoc pictures down below. Bonus if it’s on a black car! Thanks!
Jtmurillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #2
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Be prepared to tweak it to fit properly.
Mine is Base coat black with clear coat, my insert is the hydro dipped carbon fiber with clear coat. My thoughts are the outer bumper piece should def be gloss black, but the inner can be gloss or satin or whatever.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Jtmurillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
Be prepared to tweak it to fit properly.
Mine is Base coat black with clear coat, my insert is the hydro dipped carbon fiber with clear coat. My thoughts are the outer bumper piece should def be gloss black, but the inner can be gloss or satin or whatever.
I actually think I decided to go with the satin black outside bumper piece and then a gloss black to match the car for the inside smaller piece. I think this looks extremely good. Breaks up the colors a bit and makes it look a little less “boxy”

Name:  294DBBE7-6654-4730-B33A-99D71D51AECB.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  119.0 KB
Old 08-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I painted the center to match the body.
Attached Images

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ

Last edited by Dizzy82; 08-23-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
Redgt03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Would like to see the center painted white on a summit white one.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
How does it mount to the rear bumper cover? Does it use stock molded in tangs, bolt on or tape? Any modifications required of the rear bumper cover ?
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
Jtmurillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
How does it mount to the rear bumper cover? Does it use stock molded in tangs, bolt on or tape? Any modifications required of the rear bumper cover ?
Uses the oem clips. I believe you have to take off the bumper though and drill in some screws. I’m not entirely sure, that’s just what I’ve seen from some videos on it. I’m not actually installing. I have a zl1 bumper conversion kit, zl1 side rockers, that havoc rear diffuser, and a anvil auto rear notch spoiler all at a body shop right now here getting painted and installed. I’m excited to see it once I get it back!
Old 08-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #8
Jtmurillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Damn that’s sick. I definitely think painting the inside part to match the car is the way to go. And then leaving the outside bigger piece as a satin black
Old 08-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #9
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
My center section and bumper cover are both gloss black to match factory paint. I plasti-dipped the center section a matte dark grey for contrast.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
Jtmurillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
My center section and bumper cover are both gloss black to match factory paint. I plasti-dipped the center section a matte dark grey for contrast.
Post some pictures, id love to see!
Old 11-06-2020, 10:54 PM   #11
bitinas

Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmurillo View Post
Hello, I just got my havoc rear diffuser in the mail and am trying to debate how to get it painted. Both pieces satin black? Inside piece satin black and outside piece black to match car? Outside piece satin black and inside piece black to match my car? I am stuck. I have looked online at a lot of pictures but they all seem to be edited. Put your havoc pictures down below. Bonus if it’s on a black car! Thanks!
Where did you purchase it and how was the fitment? Thanks