Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Question iPod (or USB drive) Playback Controls

Is there a way to "Pause" a track that's playing? I had this in my last car and it was very convenient if I wanted to talk to someone real quick, then continue my song. The only thing I've found so far in my Camaro is a "mute" button, but that is not what I want. When I use that, the song still progresses while it's muted. I want playback to continue where I stopped it.

So far, the only way I've found to do this is by simply turning the radio off. It would be more convenient if I could control it via the steering wheel though. Does anyone know if this is possible? Is there a way I can reprogram the "mute" button to do this?

Thanks in advance
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
The Riz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
It doesn't help if you are trying to talk to someone riding in the car with you, but I noticed last week that when I get a call through the bluetooth phone it pauses the song and resumes automatically when I hang up.
The Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You know, I've got the same inquiry. I would like to pause my music when I'm, say, ordering at a drive-thru, or rolling the window down to tell someone that it is, in fact, a new Camaro
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
Pausing Playback on iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Is there a way to "Pause" a track that's playing?
Thanks in advance
Hit the mute button. It pauses the ipod, but interestingly not the CD.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Is there a way to "Pause" a track that's playing? I had this in my last car and it was very convenient if I wanted to talk to someone real quick, then continue my song. The only thing I've found so far in my Camaro is a "mute" button, but that is not what I want. When I use that, the song still progresses while it's muted. I want playback to continue where I stopped it.

So far, the only way I've found to do this is by simply turning the radio off. It would be more convenient if I could control it via the steering wheel though. Does anyone know if this is possible? Is there a way I can reprogram the "mute" button to do this?

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, there is no simple pause button. On certain vehicles (like the new Equinox) the designers were able to put a pause button on the faceplate, but in the Camaro they were unable to fit in there.

It does pause when making or receiving a phone call, like was stated here. But for other cases, you'd probably have to hit the source button to switch off of the current source and then hit mute. That will pause the current song, but it's a bit more cumbersome... and you have to hit another couple of buttons to get it back.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

How difficult would it be to have the mute button act as the pause button when the USB port is the music source?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
How difficult would it be to have the mute button act as the pause button when the USB port is the music source?
It unfortunately would add a lot of complexity. The head unit would have to take control of the PDIM with pausing and resuming playback and keeping track of the current state of the device. Because the PDIM is external to the head unit it adds the extra complexity.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepitt View Post
Hit the mute button. It pauses the ipod, but interestingly not the CD.
Sorry but ... I explained how this doesn't work. It does not pause the iPod, it only mutes it (Volume = 0).
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
It unfortunately would add a lot of complexity. The head unit would have to take control of the PDIM with pausing and resuming playback and keeping track of the current state of the device. Because the PDIM is external to the head unit it adds the extra complexity.
codeman keeps thwarting all my ideas

Alright, that's cool, just tryin' to brainstorm is all. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal Keep up the good work.