Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #29
llcamaroguy

Drives: 1986 camaro, 2013 genesis coupe
Hey Guys,
I know it has been a while but i am currently building a set of lights similar to the first set i did that i need to find a home for. Currently the plan is to do a quad halo setup with gatling gun shrouds and the inner plastics painted black. The inner projectors will have an LED headlight and the outer will run HID. The projectors will have RGB demon eyes. Anyone interested? Shoot me a PM or facebook me https://www.facebook.com/lerickcustomdesigns/
llcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #30
llcamaroguy

https://www.facebook.com/lerickcusto...2473891998820/

I did another set a couple weeks ago that ship out today with the single projector also...
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #31
GODFATHER366
LS3

Drives: 2010 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to GODFATHER366
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcamaroguy View Post
https://www.facebook.com/lerickcusto...2473891998820/

I did another set a couple weeks ago that ship out today with the single projector also...
You guys have got to go see that video!!!!

GODFATHER366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #32
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS/RS, 19 Tahoe
Send a message via Yahoo to 94z28inok
Would you happen to have an extra ballast for a '14 you'd sell? Something to get me home on? Currently in Houston until tomorrow sometime.
91 Camaro RS 305 TBI 700R4
85 Corvette - TBD
05 Envoy 4.2 4x4
94z28inok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #33
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
Posting in here to save this forum post - for both the DIY instructions and your facebook info. Ive got a 2015 non-RS SS and have always wanted to spice up the headlights. That quad setup on page one is filthy - Would love to try that, but don't know if Im savy enough to pull it off. Definitely going to think about it though. Awesome work.
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #34
llcamaroguy

your best bet is to get you a stock set off the internet cheap and go for it.
I recommend a budget build for starters such as a ACME super H1 projectors setup with mini gatling shrouds. they require no cutting and are fairly easy to aim/shim.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #35
zerokool

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ss
I love this. Any ideas on possibly getting the light strip along the bottom and side like in the 6th gens?
zerokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:42 AM   #36
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
You mentioned shimming in one of your above comments. When you build these, are they pretty much plug and play or does the installer need to play around with shims and adjustments?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #37
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
You mentioned shimming in one of your above comments. When you build these, are they pretty much plug and play or does the installer need to play around with shims and adjustments?
I was wondering the same. I think some retrofit projectors claim to drop in, the the headlight is aimed using the stock adjusters once installed in the car.
I may have to do this- but with safety inspections required in my area, will have to stick with single low beams but four high beams. May do light bars audi style instead of halos as well. When it gets warm enough to tinker with the car, then I'll have to decide.

Too bad the only aftermarket lights that are plug and play are those ugly U shaped ones.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #38
Papaboss

Drives: 2014 camaro 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I was wondering the same. I think some retrofit projectors claim to drop in, the the headlight is aimed using the stock adjusters once installed in the car.
I may have to do this- but with safety inspections required in my area, will have to stick with single low beams but four high beams. May do light bars audi style instead of halos as well. When it gets warm enough to tinker with the car, then I'll have to decide.

Too bad the only aftermarket lights that are plug and play are those ugly U shaped ones.
Not assuming all h1 projectors off the internet are the same, but mine went right in without having the shim or retrofit the hole. Just be careful tightening the main screw on the back after you make sure the projector headlight is level and the correct side is up. Dont forget while your in there to throw some led halos on your new hid headlights.
As for quad headlights, that is just a splitter, i went with single low beams and single high beams. You can see them in a previous pic on this thread.
Oh yeah, and dont forget to show your fog lights some love too. Hid lights and led halos ftw.

All credit given to LL.
Attached Images

Papaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #39
Ppriyam

Drives: 2015 Convertible Camaro 1LT
I recently finished my headlights with huge amounts of help from the OP and Papaboss. Thanks guys.. I will write my experience for anyone who will be doing this in the future.

SO first the list of items..

Halos I purchased (80 mm switchback 3.0)
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...os-strips.html

you can purchase what you like.. i found 80mm to be a good fit around the shroud.. One thing to note is papaboss says he did not have to modify housing to make the lights fit.. I had to.. i think this is because of the type or the size of the halos used. (although he said he also used 80mm) 80mm for me was sitting right on top of the shroud so it kind of added more length to the assembly. i guess if you go 90mm you can mount further back and avoid modifying the headlight housing..

For the modification I sanded the front and the back of the projector shroud. for the front i made the shroud completely flat and for the back i sanded down the 4 screw holes? in the back of the projector so i could have the shroud sit further back in the headlight. I did use 4 screws to secure the shroud to the projectors ..

PROJECTORS!

This was a pain.. (lack of research) I ordered the ACME kit .. comes with 2 ballast, 2 bulbs, 2 projectors and 2 shrouds.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...rsal-kits.html

I always thought TRS are the best way to go for quality parts.. but I am thinking to change that opinion now..
I ordered 1 set to do one side of my headlight first... when installing the lense of the headlight.. it would not sit properly because the outer projector was to long..since papboss said he didn't not have to modify.. I reached out to him for the projectors he used. (more on it later)
i ended up sanding the shoruds as mentioned above and fixed up the headlight..

Papaboss suggested to use cheaper projectors from amazon..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

even with these projectors i still had to modify not sure why...

SO to compare both products TRS at 135 with bulb and ballast and Nilight 60 with projectors and amazon HIDS.. I Would pick Nilight.. not sure why but when everything was done and car was hooked up.. light from Nilight seemed to aim better...

PROBLEM!!!
My quad lights would not work properly no matter what.. sometimes a bulb would light up and other times it would not... it was a mess.. i think it had to do with loose connections but even after solving that some projectors would randomly not turn on.. I could not rely on this semi working lights and hope they would turn on at night when i need them...

Also, Camaro headlights are low and aimed pretty down.. there is no way adjust the beam up or down... so the closer 2-4 feet to the bumper was very bright but the beam would not travel very far.. this seemed like such a waste of money for quad projectors.. I was getting better light in my custom 2002 accord with Chinese projector aimed properly .. here 4 projectors was doing a terrible job at shinning the road..

SOLUTION!
GET RIF OF EM! I ended up taking out all 4 ballasts.. bulbs are still in the housing because the rubber piece from the bulb is sealing the cover holes of the headlights...

I have factory projector fogs from stock... i put in 55W 6000K amazon HIDs and it was shinning the road much better and clearly.. It lights up the road evenly its impossible to tell the two beam cutoff likes from left and right.. also the projectors (no adjustment made are aimed vey low!! so no one blinded but still does a better job that 4 projectors..

Am i happy after all this mess??

HELL YES!
with the fogs running 55W 6000K i can leave my halos at night and they are still visible.. before when the quad projectors would come on, my halos were not visible since they are around the projectors..

ALso i have a switch back so the amber is much more visible now...

COST For me ..

4 80mm switchback - 140
TRS projectors - 135 (their ballasts were problematic so didn't use them)
Nilight projectors - 32
50W 6000K HIDs - 40
tape and all - ~20
TRS headlight sealent - 20

This is my first long descriptive post ever so please excuse the format and grammar.
will post pics soon
Ppriyam is offline   Reply With Quote