Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
American Racing Headers sells a replacement brace that allows for more space for the 3 inch pipes. I still have my SLP LM II axle back exhaust, may swap those out with something different this year.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #16
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
SLP LT Headers are on, stock exhaust is off. Hopefully on the way to the exhaust shop tomorrow to get the rest of the 3" on. Not sure what I'm going to do about the braces, I'm sure there will be clearance issues.
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
Jakeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Headers

I have Kooks LTs on order for an install. Also have Borla axle back S exhaust and Airaid CAI. Have any of you had the need to get a special tune? I have seen some people saying check engine light comes on until a tune is done.

If so, what type - Dyno, handheld like Diablo or SCT, etc.? Any recommendations?
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
llcamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Just installed LG Pro LT's today. The fit of the headers was outstanding! The rest of the system.....uh, took a little work to fit without any rubbing, but it did fit. All 3" system, really excellent quality.

No codes...yet.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
After taking the advice from Matt@ECS, and talking to one of the guys at American Racing, I ended up buying a set of LT's and high flow cats. After I install them, I'm taking a day trip down to ECS again for a retune. I'm hoping to get near 700rwhp, or somewhere near that neighborhood.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
I'm betting the check engine light has something to do with the o2 sensors. I had to run to the exhaust shop today on just open headers (omg loud!) and it thru like 12 service codes due to the rear set of sensors no being hooked up. Exhaust is in, going to work on the braces tonight. Really looking at the ARH brace, has anyone found a good price? Seems like $475 is pretty standard.
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
I am going to install JBA cat4ward shorties, being in CA I need smog legal ones. However, you need to cut the down pipes and weld on an adaptor in order to bolt on headers. Otherwise seems fairly straight forward.

Update: installed headers I thought it was simple but had to flatten surface on headers then the stacker kept getting a leak. It took a week to install another week to fix. So good luck with them. On the plus side they look good and took away the drone and car runs great..

Last edited by decepticon-vert; 05-25-2012 at 10:31 PM.
decepticon-vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #22
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I've got Magnaflow Axleback Mufflers with a resonator delete and am days away from installing a K&N Typhoon CAI on my convertible. As cool as headers sound on a V8, I'm a bit concerned that it would be too loud to put headers on with a convertible top.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
I've got Magnaflow Axleback Mufflers with a resonator delete and am days away from installing a K&N Typhoon CAI on my convertible. As cool as headers sound on a V8, I'm a bit concerned that it would be too loud to put headers on with a convertible top.
Headers only get too loud after you get a cam. I have headers, off road X pipe, catback and my car is a little too quiet. I can't wait to throw my cam in!
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #24
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Headers only get too loud after you get a cam. I have headers, off road X pipe, catback and my car is a little too quiet. I can't wait to throw my cam in!

Thanks for the insight! Once I get my CAI installed I'll have to reassess my mods.

Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #25
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
SUX, I am thinking a cam next too, what are you going with?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #26
spckatnip

Drives: '11 2SS/RS 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
I too am planning on a cam around the time of Christmas as a gift to my car. Other than the threads here on the boards what are some other resources I can research so I can make sure I understand all there is I need to know before I venture into this mod.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
I was going to go with the LG G6X3 cam for the all out most power possible, but i got a KILLER deal on a TSP 231/236 which is a tiny bit smaller than the G6X3. It drives a tiny bit better but makes a little less power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spckatnip View Post
I too am planning on a cam around the time of Christmas as a gift to my car. Other than the threads here on the boards what are some other resources I can research so I can make sure I understand all there is I need to know before I venture into this mod.
Best thing you can do is call someone that offers a BIG cam selection, tell them what you have done, what you plan on doing and what you expect out of a cam. Thunder Racing has one of the biggest selections of cams.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
mrdth

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert
The ARH brace is admittedly a little pricey but well worth the money. I would recommend it over the factory two brace set up even without headers.
See my sig for cam recomendation. Call JRE for tons of information with zero pressure to buy.
Dynatech Ceramic Coated LT Headers
Magnaflow 3" Competition Cat BacK
CAI Cold Air Intake
RX Catch Can
Pfadt Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Cradle Bushings
Built And Tuned By Jannetty Racing Enterprises
mrdth is offline   Reply With Quote