Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
TAKE THAT DEALER!!! (+ allocation?)

well if anyone read my other threads, my dealer orignally told me that i woudl not be getting the 20" rims when i upgraded to 21" because the 4k+ price of them was the difference between the 20s and 21s ... so after finding out that everyone else on these forums got to keep the 20s, i called him out on it today and called basically telling him how i should get ot keep them... he keeps telling me no i dont get to until i told him that my "friend" who ordered them got to keep the 20s.. and hes like really? oh wow, well i never heard of that, let me check with my superior and call you back... 2 hours later he calls me back saying i was right i do get to keep them and sorry for the misunderstanding...

had i not called him out on it, he said i would only of received the 21s... so thanks camaro5 guys, i would of never known if it wasnt for you guys...

btw, my car has not been ordered yet becasue he said his dealership hasnt gotten to place any orders yet but that they shuld be receiving an allocation today so he may be able to get some orders in... does an allocation mean that the dealer has the 'go-ahead' to give the factory orders? (i know im dumb) and if the order is placed today then i have to wait 6-8 more weeks?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
The Riz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I saw those threads and was hoping you weren't going to end up getting screwed on the wheels.

I'd like to see some confirmation on order vs allocation. My understanding was that the dealer could order any time, but it wouldn't progress until they had an allocation. Maybe I'm wrong?
The Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
Rocky, Im in NYC too, what dealership is that so I know to be careful if I happen to go there?
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
well if anyone read my other threads, my dealer orignally told me that i woudl not be getting the 20" rims when i upgraded to 21" because the 4k+ price of them was the difference between the 20s and 21s ... so after finding out that everyone else on these forums got to keep the 20s, i called him out on it today and called basically telling him how i should get ot keep them... he keeps telling me no i dont get to until i told him that my "friend" who ordered them got to keep the 20s.. and hes like really? oh wow, well i never heard of that, let me check with my superior and call you back... 2 hours later he calls me back saying i was right i do get to keep them and sorry for the misunderstanding...

had i not called him out on it, he said i would only of received the 21s... so thanks camaro5 guys, i would of never known if it wasnt for you guys...

btw, my car has not been ordered yet becasue he said his dealership hasnt gotten to place any orders yet but that they shuld be receiving an allocation today so he may be able to get some orders in... does an allocation mean that the dealer has the 'go-ahead' to give the factory orders? (i know im dumb) and if the order is placed today then i have to wait 6-8 more weeks?

Once they get allocation, there may be others ahead of you so you need to ask where you fall in line in terms of your order being submitted vs anyone ahead of you, then find out how many submissions for allocation they have for the month. And if they'll get anymore within third quarter.
2000 = Accepted By GM: 8/4/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 8/5/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 8/21/09, TPW 8/31
3400 = Broadcast: 8/27/09
3800 = Produced:
9/3/09
6000 = Delivered to Customer 9/21/09
matt787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
The dealerships should have been getting 'allocations' since around mid-March.
If he hasn't gotten any yet probably means - 1. He's full of shit, 2. He honestly doesn't know anything or 3. They are so small or have gotten the dreaded 'letter' and won't be getting any allocations.

Me personally? I'd be calling other dealers...

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Rocky, Im in NYC too, what dealership is that so I know to be careful if I happen to go there?
its some dealer in illinois dont worry... my dad ordered it through them because he ordered a ZO6 vette for my bro a few years ago and the guy apparently gave my dad a better quote then other dealers in the NYC area...

and i dont know if i can order through another dealer anymore being that there is already a decent deposit down :(
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
2. He honestly doesn't know anything or 3. They are so small or have gotten the dreaded 'letter' and won't be getting any allocations.

he probably doesnt know anything... and whats the dreaded "letter"?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
The Dealer down the street from me said that they were told (and they got the "happy letter"), that anyone who ordered now would not get thier Camaro until October at the earliest. Though that may just be for them?!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
PS: The "Dreaded letter" is; "your services with GM will no longer be required."
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
hey buddy i am up in Westchester NY and ordered one a couple of weeks ago, they told me Oct (unless i wanted a v6), i called over too! So welcome to the wait

What set up did you order?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
Good news you get to keep the 20s as you should because the 21s are a dealer installed option. Has it crossed your mind that you are already butting heads with the person who is the one that is going to order and prioritize YOUR order when they get allocations and butting heads with that person is probably not a good idea? I would be concerned about that. If they get 5 allocations and they have 6 customers wanting to order...guess what # you would be? Now go back and buy him a Happy Meal.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Good news you get to keep the 20s as you should because the 21s are a dealer installed option. Has it crossed your mind that you are already butting heads with the person who is the one that is going to order and prioritize YOUR order when they get allocations and butting heads with that person is probably not a good idea? I would be concerned about that. If they get 5 allocations and they have 6 customers wanting to order...guess what # you would be? Now go back and buy him a Happy Meal.
lol ... well i called on him in the nicest way i could because i didnt want him to get upset... i tried to be very polite about it ... so i hope he wont skrew me over

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttogofastNY View Post
hey buddy i am up in Westchester NY and ordered one a couple of weeks ago, they told me Oct (unless i wanted a v6), i called over too! So welcome to the wait

What set up did you order?
umm i ordered a 2SS / RS RJT with the non black 21" Rims, automatic with a sunroof... and i recently canceled my flat black stripes because i rather have them painted on instead (looks better)...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
nice dude, i am eyeballing those 21in rims too, thinking about putting a side order in so not to affect my current order
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #14
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Sweet congrats I love this site!!!! A+ guys