Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Commercials increase brand awareness and get people into showrooms. A commercial for a Hellcat will get people to dealerships to look at Dodge products, and then potentially leave with a Challenger V6.
I would add that I doubt anyone would acually thinks a commercial brought them to the dealership, but I believe it gets the process started many times without the consumer really thinking about it directly. Its called planting the seed so to speak.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:50 AM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I don't believe you guys. I was all set to buy a Malibu until I got the inspiration to buy a ZL1 based on a group of people sitting around a table on the freeway discussing JD Power awards

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #31
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I have never met anyone that bought a car because of a commercial. I'm sure people do. I sure as hell wouldn't. I guess it's cool to drive down the street and see 20 identical cars before I go 5 miles. GM please don't advertise the Camaro. Keep it how it is.
Well it worked on my wife. I already know about the cars that are out and when we were looking to upgrade from her Kia Optima we were looking at Accords and used Lexus GS350 F Sports. One night I was watching Gas Monkey garage on TV (which has Dodge Hellcat placement advertising all in the show) and we saw this commercial.

She loved the Chargers in it. The very next day we went to the Dodge dealer so she could drive a Charger and we settled a couple weeks later on her Octane red R/T. She loves it. I do too. So to answer your statement, commercials may not influence you or your friends but there is NO DOUBT they work. It helped my wife decide she wanted one after I had already suggested the Charger before. Chevy would be smart to at least TRY to advertise the Camaro.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #32
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
The 67 Camaro was built in Canada and America. Still an American car.
All 93-2002 Fbodies were built at St. Therese in Quebec, Canada...none were built stateside.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #33
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Well it worked on my wife. I already know about the cars that are out and when we were looking to upgrade from her Kia Optima we were looking at Accords and used Lexus GS350 F Sports. One night I was watching Gas Monkey garage on TV (which has Dodge Hellcat placement advertising all in the show) and we saw this commercial.
She loved the Chargers in it. The very next day we went to the Dodge dealer so she could drive a Charger and we settled a couple weeks later on her Octane red R/T. She loves it. I do too. So to answer your statement, commercials may not influence you or your friends but there is NO DOUBT they work. It helped my wife decide she wanted one after I had already suggested the Charger before. Chevy would be smart to at least TRY to advertise the Camaro.
I have long said, my wife will only believe me if it can be corroborated by her dad or the internet.

Two things you will never, ever, hear your wife say:
1) "Oh honey, you're so clever. You're much smarter than my father"
2) "Hey honey, come over here and watch me do a tequila shooter off Stephanie's bare a$$"

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #34
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I have long said, my wife will only believe me if it can be corroborated by her dad or the internet.

Two things you will never, ever, hear your wife say:
1) "Oh honey, you're so clever. You're much smarter than my father"
2) "Hey honey, come over here and watch me do a tequila shooter off Stephanie's bare a$$"
Dying
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote