Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Kit has arrived

So my huron kit showed up yesterday. Looks awesome and so far the support from jon has been amazing. Curious on everyones thoughts on running an external oil pump. Could this get rid of having to tap the oil pan? Could i draw from the oil filter area and discharge back to the oil fill? Trying to learn here before i begin the tear down this fall. Thanks Ryan
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:47 AM   #2
1fast
8.60 @ 157 @ 4200lbs

Drives: 2010 Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
So my huron kit showed up yesterday. Looks awesome and so far the support from jon has been amazing. Curious on everyones thoughts on running an external oil pump. Could this get rid of having to tap the oil pan? Could i draw from the oil filter area and discharge back to the oil fill? Trying to learn here before i begin the tear down this fall. Thanks Ryan
Yes Jon from Huron is great.
I'm running ex a pump from my low mount turbos and my return line I ran to valve cover welded a an fitting in. Ran it that way for 3 years no issues. And yes you can return it to the fill.

But I recommend getting large pcv system to run off the fill on valve cover -10 or -12
1fast is offline   Reply With Quote