Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #1
Tommi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual
Led Fog lamp with DLR halo

Hello,

has anyone used these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283682180777

Seems like they should be quite easy to install, but I'm interested how good is the fog light performance. My car has the HID lights that are in good condition, but I would like to have real fog lights to help driving with low beams in certain conditions. I know i could install different fog lights that I know are good, but they dont have that DLR function. Of course i could add separate DRL:s but that gets little more complicated than necessary.

edit. I ordered these and in few weeks I try to install and report how they perform.
edit2. These lights never arrived and i cancelled the order. back to square one.

Last edited by Tommi; 12-19-2022 at 04:36 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:23 AM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I have the Morimoto fogs for my 2010 SS and yes, they were pricey but the light output is amazing. I also have the Gen5diy harness that changes them from DRLs to fogs so they stay on with my headlights. The whole install for the fogs and harness was maybe 30mins.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
Tommi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I have the Morimoto fogs for my 2010 SS and yes, they were pricey but the light output is amazing. I also have the Gen5diy harness that changes them from DRLs to fogs so they stay on with my headlights. The whole install for the fogs and harness was maybe 30mins.
Yes the morimotos would probably be good, but then I would lose the DLR function. Here in Finland we have stupidly strict laws about car lights and we can't use fog's as a DLRs and I want to control the fog lamp from separate switch. Thats why I am interested in the dual purpose lamp I linked from ebay.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:01 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I have the Morimotos and really prefer them over a simple bulb upgrade.

Just get the wiring harness (available from numerous vendors) to keep them on all of the time and you would be fine.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote