Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #5671
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Troll??? I contribute here more than you do.
God’s gift to drag racing right here.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #5672
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
LOL Im not nice? So tell me, how much do I make a year?
I really don’t give a shit. Obviously not enough to get cars you are always poking your head in every forum bragging up or tearing down. If you are the drag king you claim to be, you’d be getting a GT500 and modding it for such like you did on your 5 year old ‘Stang GT. Instead you like to try and crap on everyone else’s cars just like all the YouTube comments when they review one, but have never even driven nor have the means to buy.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #5673
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Alright serious question, did minn19 not actually know to put oil into his car or how to monitor and keep his pos oil guzzler top off before catastrophic fauilure? lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:11 PM   #5674
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
I see. Yeah, I tend to wait a few years on the brand new models. I did on the C7Z and I'm glad I did. The ZLE is proven so I'm in. Not sure if I'm going to be as disciplined with the C8Z though. Still waiting on more GT500 head to head tests and of course the test of time on reliability.

Not to bash the gt350, but I don't get the need for the high revving engines, especially if I'm just as fast with a torquey one. I've owned and tracked a lotus elise with an 8500 redline and the C6Z with the 7100 redline. The high revs just weren't a big deal to me.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #5675
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I really don’t give a shit. Obviously not enough to get cars you are always poking your head in every forum bragging up or tearing down. If you are the drag king you claim to be, you’d be getting a GT500 and modding it for such like you did on your 5 year old ‘Stang GT. Instead you like to try and crap on everyone else’s cars just like all the YouTube comments when they review one, but have never even driven nor have the means to buy.
Stupid people say stupid things. Why would anyone buy a GT500 and mod it all to hell? Just to go slower than a GT with less money invested? That only makes sense to a Gucci purse kinda guy. For the record. My 5 year old GT is still faster than anything you have ever owned in your life. You don’t care how much I make a year. But you assume it’s not enough to buy a used gt350 or lease a hellcat? Anybody with a 600 credit score can do that. You really need to get over yourself. These are mustangs and Camaros. Not Bugatti’s. Where did that GT350 get you? Crying on a forum and asking for advice on how to add oil.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #5676
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Alright serious question, did minn19 not actually know to put oil into his car or how to monitor and keep his pos oil guzzler top off before catastrophic fauilure? lol
Apparently not, weird since I do my own oil, transmission and diff fluid changes.

I think he is referring to many GT350 owners that never check their oil. Then it seizes being down 6 quarts and they owner is obviously shocked this happens. Many times only a couple of thousand miles after an oil change so they thought they were good.

He accused me of being Blaqwhole on M6G in the GT500 vs C8 thread. Even though a quick search of my extensive post history there would have shown quickly he was wrong. So who know who he thinks I am now.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:23 PM   #5677
minn19

Quote:
Stupid people say stupid things. Why would anyone buy a GT500 and mod it all to hell? Just to go slower than a GT with less money invested? That only makes sense to a Gucci purse kinda guy. For the record. My 5 year old GT is still faster than anything you have ever owned in your life. You don’t care how much I make a year. But you assume it’s not enough to buy a used gt350 or lease a hellcat? Anybody with a 600 credit score can do that. You really need to get over yourself. These are mustangs and Camaros. Not Bugatti’s. Where did that GT350 get you? Crying on a forum and asking for advice on how to add oil.
I never asked for advice on how to add oil ever. Please show me the post you are referring to. It should be very easy to.

Stupid people say stupid things? You can’t mod a GT500 to go faster than your 9.97 GT? That thing is a piece of shit than to. M3s are being modded easily that can smoke your GT.

Again, you never read anyone’s posts, I don’t and never have cared about drag racing so no I’ve never had a car that fast in a straight line and don’t care to. I like road tracks, you know turns and stuff like that.

I wasn't talking used and you know it.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #5678
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I see. Yeah, I tend to wait a few years on the brand new models. I did on the C7Z and I'm glad I did. The ZLE is proven so I'm in. Not sure if I'm going to be as disciplined with the C8Z though. Still waiting on more GT500 head to head tests and of course the test of time on reliability.

Not to bash the gt350, but I don't get the need for the high revving engines, especially if I'm just as fast with a torquey one. I've owned and tracked a lotus elise with an 8500 redline and the C6Z with the 7100 redline. The high revs just weren't a big deal to me.
Agreed and I get it about the Voodoo. It was fun to own and experience, but as the LT4 shows the Voodoo was kind of a marketing gimmick. Sure it is fun to rev to 8200 and listen to it scream, but it really didn’t have much low end torque and you needed to keep it about 4500-5000 on the track.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #5679
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Name:  B9E0D43C-986E-47DA-8EC4-7DBC79A8151C.jpeg
Views: 279
Size:  100.9 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #5680
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Old 12-28-2019, 05:31 PM   #5681
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Apparently not, weird since I do my own oil, transmission and diff fluid changes.

I think he is referring to many GT350 owners that never check their oil. Then it seizes being down 6 quarts and they owner is obviously shocked this happens. Many times only a couple of thousand miles after an oil change so they thought they were good.

He accused me of being Blaqwhole on M6G in the GT500 vs C8 thread. Even though a quick search of my extensive post history there would have shown quickly he was wrong. So who know who he thinks I am now.
Oh ok gotcha. Just making sure brother lol.

I like to play devils advocate with gt350s.

On one hand I get that if you buy this high rev high vibration cross plane crank engined car with a history of oil consumption, you should probably do your homework and monitor and keep it topped off. If you really want the car and understand some of its issues you should be educated on preventative maintenance.

At the same time you should not have to baby and monitor a highish dollar brand new performance for oil consumption. Pretty unacceptable, and tons of buyers are not car guys just clueless powers who won't check a damn thing. You also can't fault early adopters who had no knowledge of the oil drinking issues.

While the gt350s voddoo issues are not acceptable I do respect Ford for being balsy and putting it out there, definately not your run of the mill engine even though it needed more development time.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:37 PM   #5682
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
I wouldn't mod a gt500 for a long time either, except for maybe cat deletes, it's fast enough already and why void the warranty on a brand new unproven car. I get you on that one.

However Lund alone had already tuned like 10+ of them so there's already a lot of people out there tuning them right away. Probably because the competition has been out a long time and many that you'll run across are already tuned idk boy racer life I guess lol.

If I wanted to mod the shit out of a mustang to run 9s or 8s, I'd get a base a10 gt and go from there, but to each their own.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #5683
minn19

Quote:
Oh ok gotcha. Just making sure brother lol.

I like to play devils advocate with gt350s.

On one hand I get that if you buy this high rev high vibration cross plane crank engined car with a history of oil consumption, you should probably do your homework and monitor and keep it topped off. If you really want the car and understand some of its issues you should be educated on preventative maintenance.

At the same time you should not have to baby and monitor a highish dollar brand new performance for oil consumption. Pretty unacceptable, and tons of buyers are not car guys just clueless powers who won't check a damn thing. You also can't fault early adopters who had no knowledge of the oil drinking issues.

While the gt350s voddoo issues are not acceptable I do respect Ford for being balsy and putting it out there, definately not your run of the mill engine even though it needed more development time.
Agreed, I do give Ford credit for being one of the few to take chances and build some truly interesting to drive cars. Unfortunately they don’t follow through on testing and quality etc. I feel I was a beta tester and bought a early 16 model. I did check the oil frequently and kept it topped off all the time. My 16 was one of the first few to get their Voodoo replaced due to excessive oil consumption. It was burning/using a quart every 300 miles IIRC. This was after my dealers body shop had to reinstall the splitter correctly. Fix some really shoddy panel alignment from the factory. Fix a half shaft that blew only from moderate street driving. Fix a hole in the back windshield that would leak during a heavy rain or in a car wash. I honestly think I’m missing a couple of things.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #5684
minn19

Quote:
I wouldn't mod a gt500 for a long time either, except for maybe cat deletes, it's fast enough already and why void the warranty on a brand new unproven car. I get you on that one.

However Lund alone had already tuned like 10+ of them so there's already a lot of people out there tuning them right away. Probably because the competition has been out a long time and many that you'll run across are already tuned idk boy racer life I guess lol.

If I wanted to mod the shit out of a mustang to run 9s or 8s, I'd get a base a10 gt and go from there, but to each their own.
Neither would I, but he’s Mr Drag King and I would think he’d want the baddest ride fit for such a man of his talents of course.