Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #57
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
I just want to add that in the v6 I was getting 19.5 and in the new car I'm sitting at 17
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #58
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
I did the same mistake luckily I purchased my v6 smartly and had equity to justify the trade up. I bought my v6 last year for about $20,000 1LT-RS (took advantage of huge sale)

Just traded it in for a 2015 1LE RS NPP. They gave me $21,800 for the 2014 (more than I paid for it) My interest is at 1.9% last year. After everything my payment went up about $60

but now I have this beauty

Gorgeous car.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #59
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Why the hell they modding their V8s than??????? Why mod their ZL1s???????? Why mod the Z28s?????? Get rid of all the aftermarket parts and everybody stay stock I guess is the answer. Buy your power upfront and don't touch ever again I guess.

Nah I was not talking crap, just talking. I mean why dump so much into a v6 just to get were a v8 is? I guess well all just pretend that 90 % of vs owners would not love to own a ss. No shame in it, but the camaro is a muscle car. People love it cause of that v8 and that power, sure it has 300+ hp but it's never going to have the feel and power of a v8.

Is price the only reason (other than fuel) that stops y'all from going v8
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #60
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
V8 owners, you are welcome!
we the many (80% or so) V6 owners are pleased to make it possible for the few to enjoy what they perceive not to be a mistake. It seems pretty silly for the few to knock the many for not sharing a personal viewpoint.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #61
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
Nah I was not talking crap, just talking. I mean why dump so much into a v6 just to get were a v8 is? I guess well all just pretend that 90 % of vs owners would not love to own a ss. No shame in it, but the camaro is a muscle car. People love it cause of that v8 and that power, sure it has 300+ hp but it's never going to have the feel and power of a v8.

Is price the only reason (other than fuel) that stops y'all from going v8
I'll be upfront and honest with you why I chose a 2LT/RS over a SS.

First it wasn't price. I could afford a SS. I didn't buy my Camaro for street racing or drag racing. As I said before I grew up owning V8's most were real muscle cars from the 65-73 era. That down low power gets old after a while. Feels like always driving around in low gear. Same story with manual trans. Drove a few for 12 years straight. Gets old after a while. Or maybe i just grew up or maybe I'm looking for a change I don't know.

With the V6 I like the top end cruising on the highways. The handling is great, the brakes are good. To me my Camaro looks better than the SS model. I don't like the fatter hood and hood vent, but hey I don't go around putting it down.

I also grew up through two gas shortages. Did you own a car and drive during the odd and even days? I drove a 73 thunderbird with a 460 engine getting 7 MPG during that time.

Many guys say I drove a v6 and it wasn't this or that. These cars don't wake up until a few thousand miles on the odometer. They also run a bit better on 93 octane. So some of your test drives don't reveal what this v6 is actually like.

My v6 is fast and nice looking to me and that's all that matters.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #62
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
It has a lot more horsepower and speed than the earlier generation camaros I've owned and I enjoyed them just fine- so felt no need to buy the least efficient version to commute to work in. Some people grow up to the point where the "mine's the best" and defining your status by what car you have all fades away. I have a friend with hundreds of millions of dollars whose research saved tens of thousands (if not more) lives and he drives a 2004 Thunderbird because he likes it. When you get to a certain point, your car is what makes sense for your own needs, not buying in to societal posing.
You also never know what may lurk in that "cheap" Camaro owner's garage that you don't know about.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #63
sixtyseven

[QUOTE=VTSummit;8757935]It has a lot more horsepower and speed than the earlier generation camaros I've owned and I enjoyed them just fine- so felt no need to buy the least efficient version to commute to work in. Some people grow up to the point where the "mine's the best" and defining your status by what car you have all fades away. I have a friend with hundreds of millions of dollars whose research saved tens of thousands (if not more) lives and he drives a 2004 Thunderbird because he likes it. When you get to a certain point, your car is what makes sense for your own needs, not buying in to societal posing.
You also never know what may lurk in that "cheap" Camaro owner's garage that you don't know about.[/QUOTE]

Good point.
I own two houses and three cars.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #64
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post
Good point.
I own two houses and three cars.
Yup- Lots of real estate and a few exotics lurking in the garage. My wife is a Saint to put up with it.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #65
sixtyseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Yup- Lots of real estate and a few exotics lurking in the garage. My wife is a Saint to put up with it.

And to think guys go around bragging about a mediocre SS.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #66
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post

And to think guys go around bragging about a mediocre SS.
No bragging here, all I wanted was a mediocre 1LE and they didn't make it with a V6, so I had to settle for a...
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #67
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
I think all of y'all are the ones bragging! I mean...that v6 is so swell! Sorry guys for wondering why y'all love them so much. I guess it's just nice for all of y'all to take a break from all of y'all's fancy cars and drive that sweet six lol. Don't get made just messing around.
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #68
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
This thread is so cute.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #69
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I was a V-8 guy all my life. Bought every muscle car Chevy made in the 60's. But I converted when the V-6 DI engine came on scene. I bought the Limited Edition Camaro LLT, twin turbocharged it, high stall torque converter and rear gears. Now, it's an 11 sec street car that blows stock SS's and Stangs off the road. Believe it or not, can get 26-27 mpg (driving normal) and is a dream to drive. Cheap insurance as a bonus. Wouldn't trade it for a V-8 for anything. Different strokes for different folks. As long as you are happy, doesn't matter what you drive. 5th gen Camaros are really nice, no matter what engine. Here's mine. 35,000 miles to date with no issue whatsoever. Drive it everyday.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 11-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #70
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by tow View Post
I purchased my 2010 Camaro LS brand new. I drove both the V8 and the V6 decided to go with the 3.6 manual after researching all of the after market performance options that are available. I have done many modifications to my Camaro and enjoy building to my specifications and tastes to make it my own and will continue to do so. My first car was a 68 Camaro 327 V8 with 4 speed Muncie rock crusher. My 2010 had more HP stock and handles much better than my 68 did. I go to car shows and have ran on road course tracks with my V6 and get a lot of compliments even from other Camaro owners with V8's. This gives me a lot of satisfaction as no one has put a wrench on my car except for myself. I have no regrets on my decision, as long as you are happy with your Camaro that is all that matters. I have no plans to trade up to A V8, but have the option to install one when my V6 is tired. No matter what you have under the hood it is still a Camaro and that is the most important thing to remember.
Rock crusher was the M-22 Muncie, with the straight gears for the quarter mile, very loud transmission, hence the name of it. Even the Z/28 didn't get the rock crusher, it came with the close ratio M-21. You must have had a drag car to need a M-22. 327 with 210 HP back in the day, your V6 would run circles around that car.

I have seen a couple of attempts to change a V6 to V8, and nobody was successful. One person spent over 10 grand and gave up. They also had a wrecked donor SS for the computers, harnesses, etc. Not gonna happen theses days, just buy a V8 car and be done with it.