Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #85
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
what i dont understand is how the mustang driver or camaro driver didnt see the crown vic there. There wasnt anything blocking the view of the intersection. The Mustang and camaro were street racing and it seems the owners thought they could have (dangerously) swerved to avoid the vic and continue racing instead of slowing down or stopping.
I'd be willing to bet the mustang driver was too busy looking in the rearview, causing the last minute "WTF!" feeling that undoubtedly hit him. The camaro driver was probably watching the turning truck, and looked over to realize what was going on. They could t have been flying...because they didn't exactly rock past that white car. Speeding? Yes. Reckless- on the mustangs part most assuredly. In terms of the crown Vic- who had the right of way? Because to me it looks as if they just appear..and they were not moving so fast that you couldn't judge distance. The mustangs little flyby was just down right ridiculous all the way up to his ninja swerve, and the camaro shouldn't have exactly sped up...but the camaro was NOT the cause of the Rex. The blame her lies in the mustang and crown vic
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #86
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
I'd be willing to bet the mustang driver was too busy looking in the rearview, causing the last minute "WTF!" feeling that undoubtedly hit him. The camaro driver was probably watching the turning truck, and looked over to realize what was going on. They could t have been flying...because they didn't exactly rock past that white car. Speeding? Yes. Reckless- on the mustangs part most assuredly. In terms of the crown Vic- who had the right of way? Because to me it looks as if they just appear..and they were not moving so fast that you couldn't judge distance. The mustangs little flyby was just down right ridiculous all the way up to his ninja swerve, and the camaro shouldn't have exactly sped up...but the camaro was NOT the cause of the Rex. The blame her lies in the mustang and crown vic
Mhm, what a true un-biased repsonse. lol.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #87
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
Mhm, what a true un-biased repsonse. lol.
Lol it does sound biased towards the camaro. But, that's not the case and honestly how I see it
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #88
adamZ28

Drives: bam take it
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
listen carefully. the passenger says "you down to 2 right now?", after which the mustang does the fly by.

no one has explained why, if the two cars were going so ridiculously fast, the crown vic ran into the rear quarter panel of the stang.

and Blur, the camaro got up to redline in second gear and cruised from there. i dont know about the camaro but in my car second gear gets me to 60 mph. it would be reasonable to think that at the time of impact the camaro was going 45<x<60.

another thing to consider is were they leaving from a stoplight, or a light that was very recently red? if so the people on the road ahead of them could very well have still been accelerating to speed. this would explain why the camaro/mustang were going much faster than the cars at the beginning of the vid.
The passanger say "Round two right now" Driver says "yup" Listen about 11 seconds hes says Round two again. I had to listen to it about 100 time but im 100% sure thats what he said.
adamZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #89
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
from video looks like race was over and mustang sped past doing what they said as a ricer fly by. By the time of the wreck, which i still can't really see do to the video quality, both were cruising and i couldnt tell for sure if they were speeding.

In this video i really cant even see the vic hit the mustang, it seems to just appear out of the whitewash after the mustang passed.camaro seemed to be the worst of the collision from the head on impact.

to chalk this up as a street racing gone wrong story though is kinda making a mountain out of a mole hill. that vic would of ruined someones day at even 30 or 40 mph. If you wanna use this as an "evil street racer" vid, i'de turn around and say this more shows how idiotic random drivers can be when they fail to yield or try to rush across oncoming traffic
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #90
SLOWHITE

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Seems like everybody has their mind made up on who's fault it is and what not. But just think, if the Camaro and Mustang would have kept racing, they would have been ahead of the dumbass in the Crown Vic and avoided the whole thing, then the Crown vic would have pulled out in front of someone seemingly less deserving to be in an accident, then this ludicras arguement would never have happened. AND, I find it hard to believe there are people on this forum so against street racing and driving fast. I would think those people would be more comfortable on a Prius forum. Why would one buy a high performance vehicle and not "get on it" once in a while, after all, isn't that why GM makes Camaros, Ford makes Mustangs.....
I know my first comment may sound assinine, but, to me, no more so than a bunch of anti street racer/go fast people driving a Camaro.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #91
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
My post will probably echo a few others here,

But to me, it looks like the fault was all on the vic. Yes the camaro and mustang were speeding, but not racing (in my opinion). The camaro was in one gear the whole time, I heard the mustang shift, but he let off the throttle as soon as he did.

It's a little difficult to tell because of the whitewash due to poor camera skills, but it looks like the crown vic does not even attempt to stop, he just rolls right into the mustang...

In my opinion, it was the vic's fault.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #92
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Volvo's safety system wouldve seen the car pulling out ahead of time and saved the day and braked the car to a complete stop, darn they shouldv'e bought a Volvo...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #93
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
funny how the aftermath pics show a small tool box next to the car... i don't think that's going to help fix it

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #94
jhempsrt4

Drives: braaaaap
It looks like if the street racers had taken it to the track, or at least a place with no traffic, it would have never happened. +1 for jail time. They earned it.
jhempsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #95
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
This is retarded. That video was in no way, shape or form, "street racing". Yes, they were speeding, but not a display of racing.

I'd be pissed at my friend for not deleting the video though for sure.
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #96
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post

From what i see, and I agree with you, it seems that they had started to slow down. Yes they we're still going way to fast, but the blame here should go to the vic driver.

What it sounds like to me from others is, I'm doing 65 in a 55 mph speed zone (10 mph What most officers give you) someone turns in front of me, I end up in an accident. So I'm in fault because the car that turned in front of me did not know I was speeding. I personly think they are very wrong. Those cars in the video didnt look like they we're going to much over 10mph.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #97
LYCAN
Tattooed K9

Drives: E63AMG
This certainly wasn't the most hardcore street race by any stretch of the imagination, but it ended badly. People need to realize that when you are out screwing around in traffic, there are any number of things that can go down. When it does and the police arrive they are going to toss you and the other driver in the back of the crusier. The judge will exercise even less humor. Seriously though, don't get into races with people on the street. If you want to wind your car out a bit, you can, but not against another vehicle. Nobody is saying that you can't occasionally get on it hard...we all do. Just be selective about when and where. Above all else...don't video tape yourself doing it and then post it up in the Internet.

So the take away here: be selective about when and where you step on the throttle, don't race or incite stuff with other motorists (especially dumb asses on superbikes who can't ride very well and crash then blame you for crashing them), and lastly don't tape yourself speeding and then put crap out on the Internet. That is just dumb.
Prior Project Cars: 96 WS6, 96 Steeda Cobra, 93/74/99/01ZO6 Vettes, Supra Turbo, and BMW M3.

Last edited by LYCAN; 01-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #98
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
That wasn't a race lol look how slow they were going haha. You can tell by the other cars they pass on the road. Just a dumbass driver that wants to make a left or u turn and try to beat the traffic instead of waiting for another min.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote