Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #43
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Lmfao

Ford dealer using a silverado

Sierra not Silverado
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #44
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
Nice... I have a Tundra as well and honestly I love my truck. I put a ton of KM's on my truck and have had zero problems with that thing. It's a nice comfortable ride and looks good.

Also the only thing Japanese about that truck is the logo on the front. It's completely done in the states by americans and you want to get technical it's more american then the camaro..
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #45
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
Need for work?
Yeah, and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Sad to see a member go, but that is a nice truck. You got to do what you got to do. Have any interior pictures?
Black leather interior. I'll try and post some later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggss View Post
I don't get it, people buy American then trade it in for a Japanese.
Here we go. My engine was built in my home state. Where was yours built?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Why? Do you need to tow a Space Shuttle across a bridge at 2MPH?
Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
x2 American would be better.
My Tacoma lasted for 285k miles with ZERO problems. I sold it back to my dad because I wanted a car. I think this truck will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Is that you in the pic? You don't look old enough to drive.
23. I guess this is what I get for posting an actual picture on a forum lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TexaSS View Post
Nice truck!! And fir those that don't know it's built here in the good old USA. It's just as American as our camaros, maybe more so.
Enjoy the Tundra!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Misguided. It's built by a Japanese company ergo it's a Japanese truck.
A coupe of Japanese decent have a child in America , the child is still Japanese. And if. Some day that child went to Japan he would say he was Japanese too. So it doesn't matter where it was built or born, it is what it is.
A Japanese kid born on American soil is American by birth. Your arguement is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
Tundras are nice.. alot of people going to talk shit and never even been inside one. Congrats on ur new truck
Thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
Don't they create American Jobs?????
That's what I heard lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I couldn't live without one.
I missed mine so much after I bought my Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Im sorry but of all the trucks out there you picked the worst. If there is one category America still does best it's trucks.

Your decision = fail

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Good thing I didn't need your approval then huh... lmao
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #46
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
don't get it, people buy American then trade it in for a Japanese.
Thats funny! Toyota produces more American jobs than the BIG 3. Tundras are BUILT in Austin not like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge exporting assembly jobs to Mexico and Canada.

And before you say the money goes to Japan! Toyota North America is its on entity, not saying some of the profits go overseas but the majority is reinvested in American production and its companies here.

Traded a 2007 Tundra and the 5.7 in it was a beast! Also had a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 put 285,000 miles on it! Got ran over and off the road by a tractor trail, flipped it four times (survived because of the quaility build), got $4500 out of the insurance company and watch the guy drive the "totaled" truck until the flatbed wrecker at the impound yard...Yea their garbage!! LOL....
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Thats funny! Toyota produces more American jobs than the BIG 3. Tundras are BUILT in Austin not like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge exporting assembly jobs to Mexico and Canada.

And before you say the money goes to Japan! Toyota North America is its on entity, not saying some of the profits go overseas but the majority is reinvested in American production and its companies here.

Traded a 2007 Tundra and the 5.7 in it was a beast! Also had a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 put 285,000 miles on it! Got ran over and off the road by a tractor trail, flipped it four times (survived because of the quaility build), got $4500 out of the insurance company and watch the guy drive the "totaled" truck until the flatbed wrecker at the impound yard...Yea their garbage!! LOL....
You're right on here. I don't see how anyone can even pose an arguement other than one strictly based on opinion about how Toyota is bad company or even criticize someone for buying one vs. an American named one. I say named because that is the main difference.

The 5.7 in this truck is a monster. Don't forget they basically used a Chevy 350 block and tweaked it with DOHC and other internals. I'm running it at the local 1/8th mile track and I'll compare my timeslips with my best from the Camaro.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote