Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
Overall had a great time.
To bad they ruined the unlimited class by putting 2 shop cars in it. Everyone one knows it was BS even the people at LUCAS. Any car with a billboard on the car obviously is a shop car. If it is your car you should drive it. The 2 of them should not have even been aloud to run being they did not qualify. They refused a guy in the modified class from running because he did not qualify. Then the way they lined them up with the 2 FASTEST UNLIMITED NON SHOP cars was also BS. Muddfinger and The Baron should have had a chance to win. That would have made for a great show. I totally lost interest when the IPS and LMR car were in this class.

OWNERS SHOULD DRIVE. I drove my car 9 hours and raced then drove home(no shop car here).

Something has to change.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze View Post
I really enjoyed seeing you guys run down the track. Here is my favorite picture one of ours club members took of the '69s first pass Friday AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Thanks, cool pic of my '69. That first pass was an 8.75 @ 153. Track hooked amazingly sticky in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze View Post
Mike posted this on our site, I just shared it here

Yes, that is my photo, and I have a ton more along with the times at the ends. I will complete the sorting and posting this week for all to enjoy.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
A Vendors biggest mistake is to Race and compete with it's customers.
What a bad decision.
Hopefully the members know how to handle that choice a couple vendors made.
Hard to believe a member would go to that length to win a race that is supposed to be fun for all members.
Why did the folks in charge of the event allow this to happen? Is someone getting there pockets stuffed?
Is Speedster still involved in running this event? I'm sure he would not stand for this kind of behavior.
Hopefully it won't hurt next years attendance to much.
Good luck getting it resolved, hope next year things are done on a more fair and even playing field.
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Bad experience for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Mudderfinger had this class won.

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
I had a great time.. I kinda think putting Darth Erma and the LMR CARS, BOTH obviously shop built and maintained car in unlimited class was bullsxxt but other than that good all around experience. Ruined a good heads up zl1/blower ss class imop..

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
Overall had a great time.
To bad they ruined the unlimited class by putting 2 shop cars in it. Everyone one knows it was BS even the people at LUCAS. Any car with a billboard on the car obviously is a shop car. If it is your car you should drive it. The 2 of them should not have even been aloud to run being they did not qualify. They refused a guy in the modified class from running because he did not qualify. Then the way they lined them up with the 2 FASTEST UNLIMITED NON SHOP cars was also BS. Muddfinger and The Baron should have had a chance to win. That would have made for a great show. I totally lost interest when the IPS and LMR car were in this class.

OWNERS SHOULD DRIVE. I drove my car 9 hours and raced then drove home(no shop car here).

Something has to change.
I completely agree with this. When they announced the winner, they called it a shop car and the entire shop went up to accept the trophy. They should have been in the shop car class.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..so who won between IPS & LMR(been cool to watch)..
Old 08-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Here's my camaro fest 4 experience:
What broke?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
Thanks to Supercharged SS and Jannetty racing for there help this weekend.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
What broke?

His motor.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
..so who won between IPS & LMR(been cool to watch)..
IPS car red lighted. Lmr's car, which never teched in, won the class.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #25
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
What broke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
His motor.
Yup. Something let loose inside the engine. I'm not sure on the exact failure yet but in a few days ill have a better understanding on the cause and effect.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.
Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Lmr car:
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Quote:
3. No crotch belt.