Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
When you go to Walmart on the 1st of the month 3/4 of the parkinglot is reserved for welfare recipients
Old 02-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #16
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
When you go to Walmart on the 1st of the month 3/4 of the parkinglot is reserved for welfare recipients
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
When I was in the military, one of the sergeants in my battalion (who was, incidentally, a bona fide jerk) really liked a particular spot near the motor pool... so he painted "Reserved for SSG Jones" on the curb stopper. Since this WAS a good parking space indeed, and knowing that painting that name/ reserving that spot was as against military rules, I parked there. SSG Jones came along shortly afterwards, and parked his car so as to block my car in place. He apparently thought that painting his name on there made that spot HIS personal property.

The MPs towed his car, he was cited, and got busted for painting his name on there (damage to military property, article 15).

If he wasn't a jerk, I probably wouldn't have parked there, but, hey, jerks need to be handed a little bit of compensation for their efforts every now and then, and he handed that opportunity to me on a shining silver platter.
That's hilarious!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #18
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
X3 what's wrong with expectant mother spots? They are there for mothers who shouldn't really be out and about but have to because their life they're living doesn't give them the luxury of staying home. It's a gentlemen thing you have to understand.
Personally, I have to agree that most expectant mother's are in good shape. I would rather see a spot reserved for mother's with young children.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
At my grocery store they have around 15 expectant mother spots. I thought exercise was good for them. I know my neighbor was still out running at 7 months.

How about spots that are 14 feet wide with ropes around them for "Cool guys that take care of their sweet rides".
Pics or it's not true...
Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #20
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Yeah, but only the ones straight out from the doors. Seriously, look next time you go. Apparently most Wally World shoppers don't understand that the spot straight from the door but 60 feet out is further away than the spot that's 30 feet out but to an angle.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #21
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Yeah, but only the ones straight out from the doors. Seriously, look next time you go. Apparently most Wally World shoppers don't understand that the spot straight from the door but 60 feet out is further away than the spot that's 30 feet out but to an angle.
You lost me there, lol
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #22
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
"wuts a handicapped spot? "

Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #23
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
What irks me are the jerks who park in the fire lane thinking that their hazard lights make it legal and then give us fire and ems personnel nasty looks when we block them in.

They forget the fire department has this option during an emergency if someone's vehicle is in a fire lane or is blocking a hydrant.
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #24
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
The reserved parking signs for disabled, expectant mothers, employees, etc. does not bother me because I always park far away from most people. I feel fortunate to have perfectly operating legs that allow me to walk a longer distance. Who knows.....maybe some day I (or somebody I know) will legitimately need to use one of those designated parking spaces.
However, since we're already on the topic of parking, let me discuss my pet peeve. I HATE it when I see a car/truck parked in a spot and the vehicle is not straight in the space. Sometimes the rear wheel is way over the line. I call it the "rear wheel cheat". It's particularly bad on long wheelbase vehicles, like trucks. All drivers should be aware of the "rear wheel cheat" but that's not the case. Knowing we have incompetent drivers on the road that make simple mistakes like this makes me mad.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #25
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Looks like the true jerk is evident through this post.
Not really, there are only 2 reserved parking spots on post: all handicap and any spot reserved for the Post Commander. Everyone knows this. I do not know how many times I have seen a similar situation. Lets not forget the dude was the one who called the MP's not the poster.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #26
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
Quote:

I dare you to make a parking sign for them and hang it up.

THERE. Now we sound like 10 year olds.

Last edited by wayner; 02-10-2014 at 10:06 AM.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #27
MrWray
SYBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I dare you to make a parking sign for them and hang it up.

THERE. Now we sould like 10 year olds.
Ive been in the checkout line long enough before that I could make at least 50 signs, with a fat lady eating from a bag of chips that she hasnt paid for yet with 2 overfilled shopping carts. Then had to wait in line even longer because her food stamps wouldnt pay for her doggy icecream, "yes they make icecream for dogs"

Then she wanted to argue about it, so there was 5 more signs that I could have made while waiting
Old 02-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #28
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Place I used to work at had this total bitch who was our safety supervisor. She complained because they truck drivers who got in real early would take the spots right at the door. So they marked one handicap and 2 others as visitors the put signs up and we stopped using them. I get back 2 days later her cars parked in one the visitor spots i wen in got bunch paper wrote NO PARKING on them in marker then taped one to every window on her car. she flipped out wanted me fired. they hauled us both in read her the riot act and told me to just tell us if she parks there again and we will have her towed.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote