Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #99
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
sick looking camaro's

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #100
MisterT

Drives: 2010 Camaro Blk/Blk
Looks good man
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #101
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
I have my registration and inspection sticker on the inside of my windshield otherwise i'd get this done too. The heat here in TX is crazy. I think any little bit of tinting would help.
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #102
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
no government agency can force you to remove a part from your vehicle. they can give you fines but thats where it stops.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #103
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Just saw this linked in another thread =P so I guess I'm posting late but yeah..

Hmm... I like it , and I don't ? Not sure.. In a way it looks cool but.. it's too much for me.

Unless your name is Dracula.... I think that the darkness inside created by so many 20% windows adds up too much. but thats just me.... It looks kinda cool, and I don't think people needed to get all hostile about it.. The risks only really needed to be pointed out once.. Not a fan of band wagons...or lynch mobs. he gets the point.

However, with the windshield tint thaaaat dark.. kind of makes it look like a toy. (A really cool Toy) but... yeah. I dunno.. The "toy" feel kinda reminds me more of the over-done import scene/euro scene when they don't look like they should be driven by anyone over the age of 8 and should fit in the palm of your hand.

Personally, I'm not gonna be hiding my interior which will be customized later... No need to hide myself... I'm not a fugitive or a politician.

The Camaro windows are small and tank-like enough that privacy is already pretty good. I like it. With the back tinted I'd likely have my windows down a lot anyways.. and with the front brow.. and the low stance... you can still hide out enough

I like tinted rear & sides.. I might consider a 15-20% on the back 3. 35-50 if anything at all on the 2 sides, and the front I'll prolly look at 35-50 up until the cut off line where it's legal. (brow)

I'd like to keep out some UV. I'd like to keep out some light (my eyes are light sensitive).
I kinda like privacy in the rear of a vehicle, and I find that passengers do too. Plus that way if you park with your rear out... it'll give you enough privacy to do whatever you want in the dark

I dunno, I think everyone has the right to customize the cars to their own liking... And I don't see a lot of difference in driving with tinted windows or driving wearing dark sunglasses... Until they ban sunglasses + driving , I think tint laws are too strict.

Driving at night would be a bad idea regardless.. Might hurt someone? Might not hurt someone, but you might ruin someones bumper & your own with the depth perception issues @ night.

I think its sad to see a Camaro that wont be allowed out at night or in the rain.....
It's a car..... A to B transportation... its a sexy car.... the kind of car I DEFINATELY want to take out on my nights out on the town...

Besides don't you have a day job?? You work all day.. I would think you'd wanna drive all night..... I'd never mod my car in a way that would restrict my freedom that much.

I'll be driving day/night/rain/shine... Just avoiding the winter snow/salt. Not much fun to be out during the winter anyways. I'll keep warm with the lady for the winter. And the camaro goes into Bear mode.

But yeah, Unless you drive the batmobile at night.... I think you'll be missin out lockin that baby up

Anyways if you're happy , you're happy ! grats on the sweet ride !
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #104
cannondalerider
LSWEE

Drives: CGM LS3 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
no government agency can force you to remove a part from your vehicle. they can give you fines but thats where it stops.
I don't know if that's true, but it is a government agency that handles allowing cars legal access to public roads! Besides, cops can impound cars for a whole bunch of reasons. That being said, I live in satans asshole and will be getting 15% on all windows and 70% on the windshield (full, not just a brow).

1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted (7-22-09)
2000 - Accepted by GM (9-10-09)
3000 - Accepted by Production Control (9-11-09)
3300 - Scheduled for Production (9-21-09)
3400 - Broadcast (Being Built) (9-24-09) (9-28-09)
3800 - Produced (10-1-09) 2G1FT1EW6A9151459
4200 - Shipped (10-1-09) (in Calumet City, IL as of 10/3/09 7:00am)
cannondalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #105
DRK

Drives: 2007 Harley Davidson F-250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Screw these guys its your car and you alone have to face the consequences for your actions. Like I said our work vehicles have all of the windows tinted
I always thought DHS Tahoes looked like they had tinted windshields...

What % do they put on there?
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #106
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztothe4 View Post
I haven't seen this much hostility toward someone on here, EVER! You guys need to chill. Its ridiculous. This thread is a perfect example of why I never post. I hope anyone that is talking crap on here doesn't have any of their windows tinted darker than 35% because if you do, you're just a hypocrite. Anything darker than 35% is illegal. Front windshield, sides, or back. So if you do have anything below 35% you're just as guilty driving around as he is. You can't talk crap if your breaking the law too, period. You can't justify it by saying "yeah, but its the windshield, blah, blah, blah." Illegal is illegal. How come dark tint on the back window is ok to everybody? You could back over a child and not even know it, but that's ok right? Didn't think so. I find it funny how nobody talks trash to the people who have 35%, 50%, or 70% on their windshield. Everyone says it looks good. But as everyone on here has stated, anything on the windshield is illegal, so it's ok for them and not for this guy? That makes a lot of sense fellas. I hope you guys are ragging on every member of camaro5 that has anything darker than 35% on their sides and back since it's illegal and you're so concerned about the well-being of every other person on the road. I'm tired of seeing this thread. LET THIS THREAD DIE!
100% tint is clear. 35% is the legal limit..LOL. the lower the number the darker the tint..need to know this before trying to talk trash to EVERYONE..and for the back glass, you have mirrors that help you park, also you dont nearly use your back glass as much as the windshield. my windshield looks almost just as dark and its not even tinted at all..but all of my other windows are tinted to 20%. the car looks ok, but to me it looks just the same as cars with absolutely no windshield tint and dark side glass and rear glass tint. it looks ok though..they arent bashing the look either they are worried that people like this guy will be driving a car that you can hardly see out of. my windows are 20% and you can see out of them perfectly fine..BUT the windshield is going overboard. im not bashing ya bro, but its cause of stunts like this that theyll end up banning all tint altogether.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 AM   #107
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
they way they make you take your tint off on the spot or later, is cause they are cops and they will say that its too dangerous to let you drive off with the tint..if the tint wont pass inspection you can be given even bigger fines for adding mods after the inspection.

the whole take it off the car is like someone not having a drivers liscense, if you get pulled over and dont have insurance or liscense you dont get to drive off. they either pull it or for liscense sake let you call someone to get it..but basically they say, if you dont take it off youre either leaving it here or we are going to tow it..so you spend 30 mins pelling it off the windshield or 400 dollars for towing and storage fees..

ive seen a cop WALK up to a guy at a Mcdonalds drive through and take a razor blade and peeled off a guys inspection sticker cause he said that the guys tires werent legel cause they were old and worn out..that guy was a dick..and he had NO authority at all to do that..

But they can do that over other stuff that can cause injuries to either themselves (cops) or other drivers/pedestrians. like i said im sure my window looks almost as dark untinted with 20% all the way around.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #108
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
You deserve to wrap the car around a tree...

Sorry so harsh, its just thats so F***ING stupid. Smoked taillights is one thing, but this is a big deal. Especially when it looks stupid.

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #109
BRAVO29ER
AIM SMALL...MISS SMALL

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
THis is so sick! Do you you still have the tint on the windshield?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #110
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
I have 20% all around and 50% on the windshield... have had this exact setup on my past 2 cars and all my buddies have it on theirs. I never got pulled over once for it, never mentioned on the numerous stops for speeding.

I do think 20% is too dark for a windshield though... for both visibility and the risk of getting unwanted attention.

Either way it looks good and who cares, it's your car

Name:  tint bowtie.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  124.4 KB
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #111
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
How do you guys mount your registration sticker? In NJ they are stuck on the inside of the windshield in lower left corner. How do you guys get yours off w/o f'ing it up and than when you do get it off, where do you mount it!? I was thinking of getting 50% done to my windshield.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #112
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
How do you guys mount your registration sticker? In NJ they are stuck on the inside of the windshield in lower left corner. How do you guys get yours off w/o f'ing it up and than when you do get it off, where do you mount it!? I was thinking of getting 50% done to my windshield.
Don't have a registration sticker... guess I'm just lucky to be in WI... we just have a piece of paper for the registration that is conveniently placed in my glove box