Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
navyflyer72

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd, BLK/CYB GRY
XM receiver location question?

Anyone know where the XM receiver is mounted? I figured someone on here might know where the little XM brainbox is located, so better to ask first before I go pulling panels off... Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Its part of the radio now. Why do you want to mess with it?
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
navyflyer72

trying to convert to Sirius, because I already have a lifetime Sirius subscription. Don't feel like paying for a whole new XM subscription plus paying for the best of Sirius package so I can listen to Stern and Bubba in my Camaro... This whole merger thing is pissing me off. They merged and promised to have equipment that would play both, but getting Sirius through my Camaro head unit without using a handheld Sirius (I have a Stilleto 2) is almost impossible right now... I'm just annoyed and want to listen to Howard on the way to work and Bubba on the way home... but apparently that is too much to ask for from this new merged company.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
People with 08 and older were using this http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7870
It has not been tared for the camaro yet. I kind of have the same problem as you. I don't mind having XM. I already have 2 sirius radios though. I am going to try and call them to see if they will give me a discount. Will post back and let you know what they say.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
People with 08 and older were using this http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7870
It has not been tared for the camaro yet. I kind of have the same problem as you. I don't mind having XM. I already have 2 sirius radios though. I am going to try and call them to see if they will give me a discount. Will post back and let you know what they say.
I wanted to use that and I was told in short no, the Camaro has a new XM box....

My Sirius expires when my free 3 months expires so I paid the 9 bucks for best of for 3 months and cancelled Sirius after that and paid for XM for a year.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyflyer72 View Post
trying to convert to Sirius, because I already have a lifetime Sirius subscription. Don't feel like paying for a whole new XM subscription plus paying for the best of Sirius package so I can listen to Stern and Bubba in my Camaro... This whole merger thing is pissing me off. They merged and promised to have equipment that would play both, but getting Sirius through my Camaro head unit without using a handheld Sirius (I have a Stilleto 2) is almost impossible right now... I'm just annoyed and want to listen to Howard on the way to work and Bubba on the way home... but apparently that is too much to ask for from this new merged company.
Gotcha...Ive been a XM subscriber since 2002 and I hate the merged company also, sound quality is worse now and the programming changes were not for the better. Never listened to Stern or Bubba so i dont know what im missing. The music lineup sucks now. Have you tried calling customer care? I'm sure they wont be of much assistance and you will get disconnected and have to call back at least twice but it might be worth a try if you have an hour to spare. I thought the lifetime plan was tied to the radio ID and not transferrable, maybe thats just in XM land. If your unable to transfer you can get the Best of Sirius Package for XM and it includes Stern. http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/index.xmc
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
SNV

Called sirius. Told them I have had 2 radios for about 5 years now. They said no discount. They told me to call xm. I called xm and they said full price. I went on to tell them that they are the same company. She said yeah we are. I said well if I will only keep sirius or xm not both. Being the same company you will lose money. I hear a pause then a click. B*tch hung up on me lol.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
SNV

I listen to Howard some. I really need my NFL radio lol.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
SNV

WTF is
Quote:
U.S. Music Royalty Fee: As of July 29, 2009, new and renewing Subscription Packages which include music channels will be charged a U.S. Music Royalty Fee.
= $11.88
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
XM will negotiate when you say you're going to cancel - their "save" desk will deal.

See this site for recent posts on XM discounts and what customers did to get them http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xmradio.com
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
SNV

tjd24 - I remember reading that on fatwallet.com. I forgot all about lol. Thanks for the heads up .
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
navyflyer72

Wow, It blows my mind that this is the kind of customer service you get for being a loyal customer from the beginning. For Sirius the lifetime subscription is not linked to a radio, I transferred it from my Starmate to my Stilleto2 with no issues last year. But this whole XM-vs-Sirius after the merger has me perplexed... Gotta love how companies can try and bs you into paying more. This is why companies go bankrupt, because the word gets out that they treat their customers like crap and that they are all about the "almighty $" which is funny because if they actually care about what they are selling and who they are selling it to, the positive word also gets out and they will profit from it. I have been a huge Howard Stern fan since the 80's and I have recently started to listen to Bubba and like him also, plus the NFL package is a great bonus if I HAVE to be on the road during a game (doesn't happen often, I have the NFL package at home!)... the different stations with minimal to no commercials are great and the fact that you can pretty much drive across the country with having to search for stations is great, the reception is spotty in rural wooded areas, (especially with my XM in my Camaro), not sure if that is an XM issue, I just don't recall my Sirius having the same issues with reception on my way to work before.

I think I am just venting at this point, but you know, let's make sure we air our gripes so people know the issues.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
SNV

I won't see my car for another month or so :(. I will activate the 3 months of xm. I will try to talk them into the $77 a year deal. I will also work on the best of sirius with them. I will post back and let all know how I made out. Like I said it will be a while before it happens. I would like to know if any other members were able to talk them into the $77 deal.
It did work with my cable company. Because I have directv (for football) I told them I was going to turn off cable tv and keep the internet. After working them over for 15 minutes they are giving me my cable tv, voip (phone), and internet for $78 a month. They locked in the price for 2 years and there is no install fee.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
jpennin217

Drives: 2010 SS IO wit IO interior
When I get my SS it will be winter and I don't plan on driving it much. Do you have to register with XM right away or can I wait until next spring to get it activated? Thanks for all the info..
jpennin217 is offline   Reply With Quote