Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Realistic pricing for 2SS

Hey folks. I'm new here and considering the purchase of a 2SS fully loaded but wanted to see if I could prepare myself for a dose of reality on what price to expect.

First of all I specifically want a 6 speed w/MRC and the Dual mode exhaust. Any color except yellow or black. Not that I have anything against those colors. Just a personal preference.

So I did a search with like a 200 mile range and like 95% of them are all Autos. If there is a 6 speed that isn't black or yellow it's missing MRC. The 2 or 3 that might match are $46-48k .

So if I engage the local dealers to find me one. Is that likely what folks are paying for a 2016/2017 with those options?

Also curious about 84month Financing vs 72 month. If that's a bad idea. That's about a $730 a month to $650 month payment. (Estimate)

Thanks!
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hey folks. I'm new here and considering the purchase of a 2SS fully loaded but wanted to see if I could prepare myself for a dose of reality on what price to expect.

First of all I specifically want a 6 speed w/MRC and the Dual mode exhaust. Any color except yellow or black. Not that I have anything against those colors. Just a personal preference.

So I did a search with like a 200 mile range and like 95% of them are all Autos. If there is a 6 speed that isn't black or yellow it's missing MRC. The 2 or 3 that might match are $46-48k .

So if I engage the local dealers to find me one. Is that likely what folks are paying for a 2016/2017 with those options?

Also curious about 84month Financing vs 72 month. If that's a bad idea. That's about a $730 a month to $650 month payment. (Estimate)

Thanks!
Welcome to the Camaro family though, wrong website brother. You need to head over to Camaro6. 5th Gen 2SS are all over the map, 25-35k.

New off the rack, absolutely no body has better pricing than Becky@RodgersChevrolet, period, end of story, buy the t-shirt and sleep well knowing you received nothing but the best.

Second best is "current inventory pricing" - dealers are the king of their own sandbox and the same car can and will easily vary as much as $5k. There is no user guide, hunt and peck through the advertising and find something that looks good. Every single one of them will tell you to come visit them in person. If this is your cup of tea, then wait until after Thanksgiving for the 15%+ inventory sale. You're not ordering one at 15% so get that out of your head.

Financing is a private matter though several can offer some basic guidelines; Never go to a dealership without a check in your hand from a credit union, ever. I don't care if it's 2.9% from your CU.....just....never go to a dealer without a check. Do not ever talk about financing before agreeing on the price. Salesman and salestaff will trick you six ways to Sunday about "what do you do for a living?", "how much do you bring home?", "you married?", "kids?", "this car is only $400/mo" this, $600/mo that, tell him if he mentions monthly payments to you again, you will walk. Your ability to pay and your personal income and financing is none of his business. Make this crystal clear to them and keep the conversation completely focused on the car and total price. Once the price is settled, you can visit the finance department where the real negotiations begin. Unless the dealership offers you 5+ years bumper to bumper transferable nationwide bumper to bumper warranty for free, decline it and don't repeat yourself. Don't ever finance longer than 60 months unless you plan on keeping the car longer than 60 months. If you do, then choose the longest term they offer so long as it's less than 1.9%.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Thanks for the response and letting me know I posted in the wrong location. Doh!.

I posted it over on the 6thgen page now.

I went over to that dealer you mentioned and did a search. Not sure if I did something wrong or they're site is experiencing some issues but 2016/2017 shows 0 inventory for a 2SS Camaro.

Thanks!
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

For ordering new product directly off the production line, Rodgers Chevrolet is the Nationwide preferred dealer for anything Chevy for the Camaro5/6 community.

If you want to hand pick and order your own custom vehicle directly from Chevy, you can reach Becky via PM -> Becky@RodgersChevrolet.

If you are not ordering brand new from the factory, you can certainly check with Becky for current inventory, though there is no guarantee she can find what you specifically want in stock. Even if she can, she would have to ship it to you between dealers (mind boggling nightmare) which is why I suggested you should find a local dealer to work with. Becky can drop ship to you directly from the production line, but you're not likely to source "Aged inventory" from out of state.

Currently, they do not have any 2SS' listed in public inventory, Becky will simply build whatever you want.

Last edited by Snoman; 09-29-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Looks like Chevy is currently offering 8k off plus regular incentives, price target will be around 38k (vs. 47k) for current inventory on a 2SS. I'm sure the herd thins considerably with your hunt for NPP and MRC. For comparison, used '16s 2SS/RS/NPPs are 32-35k w/under 1,000 mi
Old 09-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Financing is a private matter though several can offer some basic guidelines; Never go to a dealership without a check in your hand from a credit union, ever. I don't care if it's 2.9% from your CU.....just....never go to a dealer without a check. Do not ever talk about financing before agreeing on the price. Salesman and salestaff will trick you six ways to Sunday about "what do you do for a living?", "how much do you bring home?", "you married?", "kids?", "this car is only $400/mo" this, $600/mo that, tell him if he mentions monthly payments to you again, you will walk. Your ability to pay and your personal income and financing is none of his business. Make this crystal clear to them and keep the conversation completely focused on the car and total price. Once the price is settled, you can visit the finance department where the real negotiations begin. Unless the dealership offers you 5+ years bumper to bumper transferable nationwide bumper to bumper warranty for free, decline it and don't repeat yourself. Don't ever finance longer than 60 months unless you plan on keeping the car longer than 60 months. If you do, then choose the longest term they offer so long as it's less than 1.9%.
I would like to know why you say this? I personally have NEVER brought a check with me to the dealer. If you have good credit the apr is negotiable!
When i bought my camaro my CU was going to give me a 1.9 rate. the dealer beat it with a 1.3 what good would the CU done there?

There is nothing wrong with financing through the dealer if you have the credit to back it up. yes the dealer gets a kick back from the bank but what do you care if your payment is cheaper?

i do agree and negotiate the total out the door price and NOT monthly prices and they will try and extend a loan to get to that monthly amount.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
I would like to know why you say this? I personally have NEVER brought a check with me to the dealer. If you have good credit the apr is negotiable!
When i bought my camaro my CU was going to give me a 1.9 rate. the dealer beat it with a 1.3 what good would the CU done there?

There is nothing wrong with financing through the dealer if you have the credit to back it up. yes the dealer gets a kick back from the bank but what do you care if your payment is cheaper?

i do agree and negotiate the total out the door price and NOT monthly prices and they will try and extend a loan to get to that monthly amount.
I agree. I would only add that you contact with CU/bank to know what rate they can provide. Then you will know if the dealership offer is good or not.

Like you, when we purchased the wifes new vehicle, the dealership beat the quote from our credit union.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #8
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
I agree. I would only add that you contact with CU/bank to know what rate they can provide. Then you will know if the dealership offer is good or not.

Like you, when we purchased the wifes new vehicle, the dealership beat the quote from our credit union.

This. negotiating power is priceless. Sitting at a dealer with your back to the wall when they feed you a line of crap about your credit and "best you can do". Walking into a dealership with a pre-approved blank check in your pocket provides you with nearly unlimited negotiating power instead of the dealership bending you over without choice.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #9
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
I would look for a lightly used 2016, my local dealer had one with a few thousand miles on it, loaded 2SS, and their asking was $35k - with negotiations you could probably knock another few thousand off and save $10-15k, and get the car you want.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #10
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
I would look for a lightly used 2016, my local dealer had one with a few thousand miles on it, loaded 2SS, and their asking was $35k - with negotiations you could probably knock another few thousand off and save $10-15k, and get the car you want.
35k for a used 2016- 2SS? ...not.....ever....30k maybe, I have a bead on a dozen untitled for 33k.

I just sourced (purchased) this yesterday for $35,097 + TTL for one of my members:

2017 2SS
Nightfall Grey Metallic
Jet black black interior with grey stitching and grey accents
NPP
Auto
Sunroof
Floormats
wheel locks

MSRP: $46,795
Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #11
jeffm4688

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
35k for a used 2016- 2SS? ...not.....ever....30k maybe, I have a bead on a dozen untitled for 33k.

I just sourced (purchased) this yesterday for $35,097 + TTL for one of my members:

2017 2SS
Nightfall Grey Metallic
NPP
Auto
Sunroof
Floormats
wheel locks

This is a pretty good price brand new, although I didn't realize chevy was running 20% on the 17's? I'm about to buy a 16 which stickers for 47620 for $36596 + TTL which seems to be decent.
2018 M2 Exec - Current
jeffm4688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:06 AM   #12
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm4688 View Post
This is a pretty good price brand new, although I didn't realize chevy was running 20% on the 17's? I'm about to buy a 16 which stickers for 47620 for $36596 + TTL which seems to be decent.
20% is the "public offering", current max dealer hold back is 25%.

Restricted to qualified dealers and inventory and not all dealers are passing along the 25%.

Last edited by Snoman; 10-20-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:33 AM   #13
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
Quote:

2017 2SS
Nightfall Grey Metallic
NPP
Auto
Sunroof
Floormats
wheel locks

The car in question had an original MSRP of $53k, as I said, quite loaded. This was also in August when 17s were just starting to really fill up the lots. I dont keep up on the finer points of the pricing, but just walking past it on the lot seemed like a steep discount - though from what you say that appears to be across the board. In any case, it does reinforce the point that it should be more beneficial to buy one used, if a new one is already going for $33k.

Prices change quickly, early last year when I bought mine a 2010-2011 low mileage in good shape was commanding a price of mid 20s. At the time I looked, if I wanted a 2014/15 car used would have been low mid 30s.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #14
blk 2013

Drives: 2017 SS 6sp
look for some great sales on Camaros as sales are tanking and dealers will have to move them. week between Christmas and new years would be a great time to buy if your ready
blk 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote