Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
If you look at GPIs dyno data it picks up like 6-10rwhp with bolt-ons, and even more with a cam. That's a pretty good ROI, and it's pretty simple to install. It should be considered a part of a FBO build in my opinion.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #16
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerlemonta View Post
FBO for most is headers and a cold air intake LOL no where near what full bolt on is. They need to start using LBO low bolt ons
Here we go with semantics again! I guess most of would be NBO (normal bolt ons), some would be MBO (minimal bolt ons), SBO (some bolt ons), and you'd be XBO (EXTREME bolt ons). It is hard to quantify for sure. I think in this circle FBO usually means headers, cats, CAI and tune. Certainly not a "full" compliment of bolts ons - but it's how the term gets used.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #17
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Actually, he makes a good dang point because anything that doesn't require removing the heads would be 'bolt-on' right?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Cool, thanks guys.. Duuhhh,,,I shoulda figured that one out !! lol... I guess mine with the cam, stall and everything else that goes along with those mods is considered...FBO... LOL. And she ain't really done yet.. lol
Old 07-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #19
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Actually, he makes a good dang point because anything that doesn't require removing the heads would be 'bolt-on' right?
I mean my ECS kit fully BOLTED-ON to my engine... that counts right?
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #20
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Ask 10 people and you probably get 5-10 different answers. Everyone has an opinion of what a "bolt on" is. I would think it's anything you can bolt on without cracking into the long block. Some say it's just the short block (so they put in better springs and different ratio rockers) which to me is essentially changing the cam profile from a performace standpoint. Definitely don't think a crank scraper is a "bolt on" because you have to remove the oil pan, so technically you don't even have a stock bottom end engine anymore.

To me bolt on's are anything you can (quite literally) bolt on for a performace improvement, that doesn't alter the internal configuration of the engine. Examples: headers, cats, catback, cutouts, CAI, ported TB, electric water pump, UDP, (on the fence with weather I would call ported intake manifold a bolt on or an internal mod), cooler thermostat...things like this.

That said:
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #21
lazerlemonta

Drives: 2010 C6 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Ask 10 people and you probably get 5-10 different answers. Everyone has an opinion of what a "bolt on" is. I would think it's anything you can bolt on without cracking into the long block. Some say it's just the short block (so they put in better springs and different ratio rockers) which to me is essentially changing the cam profile from a performace standpoint. Definitely don't think a crank scraper is a "bolt on" because you have to remove the oil pan, so technically you don't even have a stock bottom end engine anymore.

To me bolt on's are anything you can (quite literally) bolt on for a performace improvement, that doesn't alter the internal configuration of the engine. Examples: headers, cats, catback, cutouts, CAI, ported TB, electric water pump, UDP, (on the fence with weather I would call ported intake manifold a bolt on or an internal mod), cooler thermostat...things like this.

That said:
Thats why I state my internal mods lol but honestly rocker arms have been bolt ons since the 1980s and advertised as such. Ford guys cried long enough after the fox body left the scene (They no longer needed them) You cant go wrong with upgraded roller rockers, valve springs and retainers if you beat on one like I do. I suggest roller rockers to anyone who drives one for miles it is just less stress on the guides. As far as utilizing a 1.85 ration with profiles these days you can have a hell of a cam and not have that extra ramp rate which at 7600 rpm makes control really nice.

Best ET 10.58 @ 131.8 stock heads and stock cam 453/445 SAE
10.62@134.82 GPI 281CC Heads, SS4 Cam and X1 Intake
Best 1/8 6.80@105.75
Best MPH 134.82
lazerlemonta is offline   Reply With Quote