Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Pic request: Black 1LT with the standard alum. 18" wheels

I'm looking for a black Camaro with the "Bavarian Silver" IROC-Z styled wheels. A side-shot is preferable, though I'd like any pics. The more the better.
I've yet to see this combo (I've searched), and would love to.
Please post up yours or any you may find.
Thanks!
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
ALLTRBO

Ah well, I guess I'll see one soon enough, I just bought a set to replace my heavy MS 20's (And I'm selling that whole package, perfect condition.)

I'll be saving 49 lbs in total unsprung weight and rotational weight, as well as dead weight. Faster accel, better suspension action, smoother ride, cheaper tires, and throwback styling to one of my favorite cars of all time, the IROC-Z. Win-win! I just sold my twin-turbo 6-speed IROC-Z dream car so I can have this daily V6 driver. :(

New idea, maybe I should get a before and after dyno changing nothing but the wheels so we can see how much they rob!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
ToyotaCamaro

Drives: SIM 2LT RS 6M, Toy Tacoma S-Charged
ToyotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
ToyotaCamaro

Drives: SIM 2LT RS 6M, Toy Tacoma S-Charged
ToyotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i wonder how they'd look on an IROC.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
New idea, maybe I should get a before and after dyno changing nothing but the wheels so we can see how much they rob!
I'd love to see these results!
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
ALLTRBO

Hey thanks for the pics! I forgot about the pre-production testers, I actually have seen those pics.
More pics would be great too, but those are pretty much it, less the pre-production-projectors (heh).

Installed on an IROC-Z, they'd look a lot like an IROC-Z with IROC-Z wheels painted Bavarian Silver. They wouldn't fit though, the bolt spacing is different.

I just picked up these 18 wheels/tires today (they all fit in the Camaro, and with a passenger even!).

I'm thinking that I might powdercoat them bright silver and add in a satin black stripe down the center of each spoke to set them off, they need contrast there IMO (IROC-Z wheels had a dark-gray stripe down the centers). That with the car lowered a tad on Eibach Pro-Kit springs should look awesome (1" front, 1.4" rear for the V6's). The 20's don't look too bad on a car this HUGE, but they're still a bit too big and way too heavy for my tastes.

I don't know for sure, but I think the slightly stiffer lowering springs would be a good match for the lighter wheel combo (and increase in sidewall height) WRT the stock shocks' ability to handle the increase in spring rate. Just a semi-educated guess though. An alignment could put caster/camber/toe wherever you wanted it, but I don't know how much the rest of the suspension geometry would be affected. My guess is not much, because I believe the SS's are already .5" lower than the V6's (confirm?)

At that point the drawback would be tire choices, there pretty much aren't any in the stock size. However, there are a few performance offerings if you go one up in width to 255/55/18's, and the overall diameter doesn't change much at all, but you get slightly wider tires. If there is severe understeer in the car with the 20's as I have read, then the 18's with equal widths all around should help cure that. I don't think the V6's need 275's to hook up, 255 Nittos with the taller sidewalls will do just fine.
But, I digress, if you must go with a turbo or supercharger whenever someone fully finalizes a setup (me me me!), then have the rears widened 2" and put 295's on there. SS what?
Oh, and get rid of that engine cover! It weighs 3 lbs!

If, then, the car still understeers too much after all that, add a stock SS rear sway bar.
For a ~3700lb pig, then, I think I could have one helluva good handling Daily driver.

...My up-coming "super-Fiero" will still run circles around it though. That's not a daily driver.

Good gosh, I need to stop the rambling and get to bed again. 'night all!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool pic
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
amyroxs

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to amyroxs
I think the 19" wheels look better on the 18" Just my opinion if your going for the 1LT
Vin:#9101585
amyroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
ALLTRBO

I already have my 1LT, it just has the RS package with its blingin' 20's.

Yeah I kinda like the 19's, but they're closer to the 20's in weight than they are to the 18's. I love these 18's because they're 'sentimentally' styled, heh.

I guess you could say I'm a small part of the reason they exist, during a GM poll on what customers would like to see in the new Camaro before it went into production, they went through all the options, etc, and asked which parts you'd like and what priority you'd like that particular part to be.

I picked these 18's as my highest option priority, I made it a point in the comment section too, hehe.

With the center of the spokes filled in with satin black and the car lowered an inch, they should look a lot better, even before painting them bright silver (what's with this "Bavarian Silver" stuff anyway? heh)
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
ALLTRBO

Hurting = PS time.

Here's what I've got so far. The front wheel is pretty much done, haven't touched the rear other than making it a bit brighter. Other than that, it's lowered slightly and cleaned up a bit. I didn't change the size or structure of the wheel at all, just the colors in a few key areas (the wheels appear to be a bit larger, but they aren't). If all four are done up the same way then this setup will look really good to me.

Original:

All done did up for now (only in the front):

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 05-08-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #12
ALLTRBO

FWIW, here's a PS of my car with what I'm going for, but I think I'm going to go even further and black out the inner lip as well.

I added a couple extra touches to the pic, but for the most part it is as taken.