Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Best time to order a camaro

I've never factor ordered a car, and i've learned it's unknown what incentives will be available when you take delivery. The dealer i hope to order from says i have till the end of April to order a 2019.

Am i more likely to get good incentives on ordering a 2019 late in it's run vs being first to order 2020? My thinking is an older car will have better incentives, but then i'm also thinking a late may or june delivery of a 2019 will have little in the way of incentives because it's simply in the peak buying season for sport cars.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
My strategy was to order to take delivery in December. End of the year usually has the best incentives (especially in snowy states for sports cars).

I ordered at the end of October, the car was at the dealer 31 days later and I officially took delivery the first week of December. I get employee pricing, but there was only $1000 in rebate at that time. Had I waited, I think I could have gotten $1500 right now. So all that to only put ~100 miles on it before garaging it for a few months.

I have heard there are decent April/May incentives. I'd order right now and see if you can get it by the end of May, but I'm not sure if that's too late. It's a gamble no matter what. IIRC, you don't see last model year discounts until September/October at the earliest.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
You aren't specific about what model and options you want so it's hard to give good advice. You can search the forum to get more detail about the sequence of steps in an order and build. Once the dealer creates the order then it waits for allocation. When the dealer has allocation then the order is accepted then it gets assigned a TPW (target production week). Then hopefully the rest of the build process goes as planned.

The caveat is that if you order an option with limited availability for the 2019 model then you risk not getting the car or waiting for the 2020 model. The longer you wait the more likely this becomes. In my case I tried to order a blue metallic 2012 Camaro in April, 2012. It turned out that they were dropping IBM after 2012 in favor of BRM in 2013. Chevy stopped building blue 2012s early and there was going to be a delay before they started the new blue on the 2013 model. I had the option of leaving the order as it was but the risk was high that I would end up with a BRM 2013 model in September or October. In the end I chose to switch colors so I would get the car sooner. Hopefully your dealer can help you plan your order so you get what you want when you want it to try to hit the best incentives.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
Hops

Just ordered one my local dealer tonight, a 1ss 1le in satin steel with pdr!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I've never factor ordered a car, and i've learned it's unknown what incentives will be available when you take delivery. The dealer i hope to order from says i have till the end of April to order a 2019.

Am i more likely to get good incentives on ordering a 2019 late in it's run vs being first to order 2020? My thinking is an older car will have better incentives, but then i'm also thinking a late may or june delivery of a 2019 will have little in the way of incentives because it's simply in the peak buying season for sport cars.
1 thing to consider is when trading or selling the car outright,a model year newer will make a difference,2019 vs. 2020. So that make may up for the difference in incentives.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #6
Hops

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
1 thing to consider is when trading or selling the car outright,a model year newer will make a difference,2019 vs. 2020. So that make may up for the difference in incentives.

Well, for me, there was a recent overriding factor to many considerations. That is, my wife is ok with me ordering the car .... got it ordered before minds were changed....LOL