Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #1
95z28camaro

Drives: 1995 Camaro z28
No fluid to rear brakes

Iv been having some issues with the brakes on my 1995 camaro z28 with ASR. I had a soft pedal so i replaced the master cyinder and now I cant get any fluid to the rear brakes. The front ones will bleed fine but even after 3 hours of trying only a couple drops came from the rear bleeders. I even went as far as injecting fluid in through the rear bleeders and it filled the master cylinder but still nothing comes out during a 2 person bleed. I took the line off that comes from the abs module and goes to another module below it that i believe is for the traction control. Fluid will come out the line that feeds the second module but no fluid will come out the rear brake outputs. Is it possible to delete this module and replace it with a T fitting or do i also need to add a proportioning valve.
95z28camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:37 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I'm not familiar with the Gen 4 braking system but you may want to try pressure bleeding. I use this handy setup from Motive to bleed my C5 Vette brakes before every track day. I don't fill mine with fluid, I just use it as a pressure pot and bleed one position at a time. I top off the reservoir before I move to the next brake. There's also that hand vacuum from Mityvac. Either way don't throw in the towel just yet and DEFINITELY don't modify your brakes in some form of work around as safety could get compromised.
Attached Images