Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #29
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Tell you what can you prove that this is not a problem. I am saying this because we actually have documentation!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Here you go here is Edmunds test on the v6 manual back in March 17 2009. Maybe this will show you that it is a probelm with the car right off the assembley line.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I would say just about everyone does, because its a design flaw. But the problem only occurs at high rpm's near the redline. The majority of people will never push their car that hard so they won't have any problems. I just drive like a normal person and don't have any issues. But it does grind for me if I shift at 6500 rpm's.
Look, I feel for you, I'm not trying to downplay the problems you are specifically having. Have any of you sought help with key members of this site? Fbod, Number 3, Chevrolet Customer service? There are people here who really do care. Let them help you and don't let up. Be firm, but respectful and courteous. I do hope you guys get your problem fixed.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #30
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Yes, emails, private messages, even face to face with CAMARO cheif engineer. Nothing...
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #31
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Dude every single V6 manual has this grinding problem, they are all built the same.

The only reason someone else wouldnt notice is because they cant shift fast enough or just dont shift fast enough.

Also sometimes if the tranny has been warm for a while it wont really do it for me. Im talking over an hour though.
not sure i'm with you on that. I don't have any of the listed problems with mine and trust me I have shifted hard at redline many times. thats not to say someday it won't fail on me but i have over 14,000miles now and still not one issue.

either way there seems to be enough evidence to suggest a fair amout of people have a problem and GM really should do something about it.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Look, I feel for you, I'm not trying to downplay the problems you are specifically having. Have any of you sought help with key members of this site? Fbod, Number 3, Chevrolet Customer service? There are people here who really do care. Let them help you and don't let up. Be firm, but respectful and courteous. I do hope you guys get your problem fixed.
I am not having the issues anymore after they gave me a new transmission and i paid for a new clutch. When I was having all the issues for over 3 months all these calls to GM customer service did was get me an appointment with a dealer which I already did myself. I dealt with the service manager directly at this dealership and the only reason i got a new transmission was because i was so persistent with this dealership that he plane out asked me what do i want to get done. Thats when i said a new car my car fixed properly (new tranny). GM customer service did nothing to help me and believe me i spent hours with them on the phone. Do you work for GM because that first sentence in your post sounds familiar.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #33
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I am not having the issues anymore after they gave me a new transmission and i paid for a new clutch. When I was having all the issues for over 3 months all these calls to GM customer service did was get me an appointment with a dealer which I already did myself. I dealt with the service manager directly at this dealership and the only reason i got a new transmission was because i was so persistent with this dealership that he plane out asked me what do i want to get done. Thats when i said a new car my car fixed properly (new tranny). GM customer service did nothing to help me and believe me i spent hours with them on the phone. Do you work for GM because that first sentence in your post sounds familiar.
LOOL i already asked him that and he did not answer .. GM employee or affiliate i suspect.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #34
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
. Do you work for GM because that first sentence in your post sounds familiar.
No, not even close. You have done what you needed to do and you got a solution. Your persistance has paid off. This is exactly what I am telling the others to do. You got to keeping fighting for what you believe is right and do it in a respectful way. If they cannot get it resolved, then no one can blame them for telling GM to shove it.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
LOOL i already asked him that and he did not answer .. GM employee or affiliate i suspect.
You suspect wrong.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #36
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No, not even close. You have done what you needed to do and you got a solution. Your persistance has paid off. This is exactly what I am telling the others to do. You got to keeping fighting for what you believe is right and do it in a respectful way. If they cannot get it resolved, then no one can blame them for telling GM to shove it.
yeah i understand your point but put yourself in the persons shoes that is having the problem. I know that not all of the people that are having the problems are because of the same cause. But they are having the problem none the less and your right they needs to go see a GM service department if they wont resolve the issue after many attempts to do so then check out the Lemon Laws for your state, thats what I did in the end I got money in my pocket for my troubles extended warranty and a new tranny. Persistence does pay off. But not everyone's situation will be the same as mine.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote