Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Adam's wash pad review

Hi guys, doing a review here on the wash pad and jumbo wash pad by Adam's. I bought what I thought was a nice sheepskin mitt to wash my car, but every time I finished I would always find a spot I missed, despite me going left-right then top-bottom to wash an area. I threw it out about 2 months after I bought it when it started falling apart, the fibres were literally coming off the mitt in large junks.

I ordered both the jumbo and regular sized wash pads on Aug 26, and pretty late in the day too. To my surprise, they were shipped out same day, I was expecting the next day. They arrived on Sept 1, exactly one week later and much earlier than I had expected. Note that I live in Ontario.

When I got them I thought to myself, "Well these don't look like much." I tossed the jumbo in my pail to start off, filled it almost to the top then when I took out the pad, I couldn't believe just how much water it had sucked up. Washing the car took a lot less time than usual with the jumbo pad, and I finished off the lower parts and the front faschia area with the regular pad.

These things are great, the jumbo covers a huge area, they are very soft, and soak up insane amounts of water and soap.

Thanks Adam's for the great pads!

Last edited by booenson; 09-11-2010 at 02:31 PM.
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Lu

Drives: 2006 GTO
I have one that I snagged with some car shampoo on a Adams Daily special... It is bangin! Adams products make washing a car easier and more enjoyable.... the Shampoo smells awesome and tons of suds....

Sweet Maybellene......
571 RWHP - 11.44@122mph at a DA of 6500ft
Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
They're the he only thing I use to wash cars anymore.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Parkmad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Black/Orange Stripe
I use the jumbo for the top half of the car and the regular for the bottom half. My old crappy mitts are used on the wheels. Both are fantastic especially in conjunction with a foam gun.
Parkmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
I just used my Adams wash pad for the first time today (Got it yesterday). I'm never going to use anything else. What a big difference between the old washpad, and this one.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
craigk777

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/RS
I just received the foam gun special yesterday. It is amazing! It came with the wash pad and it makes washing a whole lot faster. Great products.
craigk777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
Gramps

Drives: 2011 1LT/RJT/Auto/
Washing, in my view, is THE most important car care skill you should master. Done properly, there will be no need to keep correcting your paint, and you will save a bunch of money. People who sell car care products...they LOVE when people need to keep buying paint correction products from them.

I say you know when you've figured this game out...that's when you are primarily spending your car care $$ on WASHING and NOT correcting products. Get your paint corrected if you must...then set those products aside, and just MAINTAIN with proper washing and 3x-4x per year paint sealing. Maybe polish a couple times per year...but preventive maintenance is where your $$ should be focused on, and that money is definitely money well spent.

There are no excuses these days...between the foam gun and the new generation of drying towels and such...money spent on washing properly is money not needed for paint correction.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
... There are no excuses these days...between the foam gun and the new generation of drying towels and such...money spent on washing properly is money not needed for paint correction.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
sgseward

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
I received my cleaning kit this weekend. I was due for some new stuff, so I got the kit that included the bucket, foam gun, mits, and drying towels. We washed 3 cars yesterday and nobody in my family could believe how great this stuff is! The foam gun is amazing. I've never used anything like it before but now I don't think I could wash without it!

Steve
sgseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Awesome! So glad to hear you're enjoying the stuff, and more importantly having fun detailing!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
A wash kit and foam gun are on my wish list....

Nice review and thanks!!!!
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #12
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Adams wash products = money well spent.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
I washed my car with Adams shampoo/Foam gun and wash pad. And was very happy with the results. I used the drying towel and it seem to get damp very fast. Can I just ring it out and keep using damp or do I need another towel. I used the detail spray as ell when drying. I forgot to pool the water like the Junkman recommends and I don't have a leaf blower yet. Also is it ok to leave the wash pad and soap over night and use it on another car the next day? and last what is the best way to clean the wash pad.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
I washed my car with Adams shampoo/Foam gun and wash pad. And was very happy with the results. I used the drying towel and it seem to get damp very fast. Can I just ring it out and keep using damp or do I need another towel. I used the detail spray as ell when drying. I forgot to pool the water like the Junkman recommends and I don't have a leaf blower yet. Also is it ok to leave the wash pad and soap over night and use it on another car the next day? and last what is the best way to clean the wash pad.
Ok I'll tackle these questions as best as I can.

You can wring the towels out, they work very well even when damp. I use two, one first to get the majority of the water off the horizontal parts (roof, hood, trunk) and then the other one to dry the rest of the car.

I wouldn't leave them overnight and re-use. The reason is because you will have dirt and debris lodged into the pad, which you don't want to run across the other car.

I throw mine in the washing machine gentle cycle with my MF towels. VERY small amount of detergent or Woolite, and air dry. Sometimes you have to inspect it and pick out little bits of stuff by hand. Just inspect it visually and pull out any specks of dirt you can see.

Good luck!