Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Larz29

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3 cyber grey
AAC LED fog light bulbs both went bad. void the lights part of the warranty potential

So let me start by saying I don't want to get too deep into the blame game but let me give you my situation with AAC fog light bulbs.

The good:
Super bright and very sweet looking.
Easy to install.

The bad:
So I installed these bulbs around the April timeframe. When I called AAC to order them, I asked if they are a direct replacement, and will not void my factory warranty? They stated that no ballast is needed, and they said these bulbs are a direct replacement and will not void my factory warranty, and will not cause any electrical problems. So the lights we're working up until about 2 weeks ago. No abuse, no out of the ordinary use. As a matter of fact I only used them a handful of times. So I took my car to the dealer and they diagnoced the electrical and lights. They indicated the lights are bad and the reason is the current is off, and a sensor within the electrical for the lights possiblly caused the problem. Also, he said both lights are bad as well. This is not the first time I had a problem with aac parts. I feel bad knocking on them, but I think people need to know this info to make an informed decision before altering your fog lights with AAC LED replacements. Thank god they didn't charge me anything, but a lesson learned for sure.
Larz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Are they plasma lights?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I will never buy AAC stuff. My AAC fog lights died in two days...
Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Yea. I have a couple of the "kitt" lights and when strobing on red and blue half the red ones are blue. All their stuff is overpriced to. Everyone has problems with their bulbs.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
white ss

Drives: 2011 white ss
i have had good luck with all my stuff from aac... white and amber halos... markers...and fogs...i luv them....sorry for your issues...but i bet they will help ya out..
white ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Yea. I have a couple of the "kitt" lights and when strobing on red and blue half the red ones are blue. All their stuff is overpriced to. Everyone has problems with their bulbs.
Lol I have had no problems with AAC. The OP has a problem with his dealer. He's evidently unaware that some dealers will do anything to keep from warranteeing a part. A bulb pulling a different current will only cause the system to think a bulb is out if anything. A car manufacturer who would make a car that could be disabled by a wrong bulb would not be around long.

Your statement is far beyond misleading. It's just downright untrue.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Larz29

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3 cyber grey
correction: My fault by saying the bulbs are bad. Something in the wiring or current or something is off. I know LED lights draw less current than general purpose lights. So I apologize for stating the bulbs are bad
Larz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Like everyone else said, dealer is trying to put it off. They will do absolutely nything to get out of warranty work, which I find weird because GM pays them to do the work, its just not the $120/hr they would get if YOU were paying them. And no worries, they cannot void your warranty for aftermarket parts..........its a FEDERAL CONSUMER LAW prohibiting them from doing so. And i've been installing AAC for a few years and have not had any significant issues and if you do have one they are quick to help you out.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
DJBullitz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
NOT EVERYONE

Quote:
This is not correct. I have AAC almost every where I can on my car in and out. My plasma DRL's have been installed and working since January 2011.

You need to restate your post to read "I had problems" as you cant say everyone.

Just saying speak up for yourself and not the world.
------------------------------
And lo and behold it was not the lights...

Last edited by DJBullitz; 10-28-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: add sentence
DJBullitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
The RGB night rider scanner is designed to have half blue/ half red strobing. That is one of the functions.
Yea. And when on that mode the blue half is purple because half the less are red and half are blue on the blue half. And its not supposed to be that way. And my dealers all get paid the same no matter who pays for it. One gets 93 an hour and the other gets 105 an hour.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
AAC

My guess is your dealer is one of those who are too lazy to figure out the problem and blame one aftermarket part. My dealer is just the opposite. They installed all of my AAC products I had a problem with my headlight switch not working they couldn't find any issues but they still ordered me one and did not complain about my aftermarket lighting issues. AAC products have all been running great. I had a few issues going on with the sidemarkers and reverse lights a few times but Jon took great care of me
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
aac halos and sidemarkers...had a prob with sidemarker and aac was quik to replace it...we all know there are/were some issues with moisture and i believe aac has corrected that problem...they are good to respond to issues and as much stuff as they sell, there are def gonna have issues....but service has been good from 98% of the people i have seen and talked to...my service with my led was excellent...could not of been better...now if you needed a heater hose for the 2012 camaro and went to the only company that sells them, which by the way is a multi billion dollar company{gm}...you could be waiting 6-8 weeks for this part....fog lights are not rocket science....any decent tech with a test light, should be able to test fogs and switch...when fogs are turned on , it completes a circuit which sends power to fogs...if there is no power to fogs, then it is not aac fog lights...imo...good luck..keep us informed..
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
I have never had a problem with AAC, I love them!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Yea. And when on that mode the blue half is purple because half the less are red and half are blue on the blue half. And its not supposed to be that way. And my dealers all get paid the same no matter who pays for it. One gets 93 an hour and the other gets 105 an hour.
If you're having problems with your scanner why don't you just get it replaced under warranty?