Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
MOD TIME - Soliciting Recommendations

Ok, this forum has been incredibly helpful over the last 10 months and I have finally crossed over the 1500 mile break in barrier last week. I have saved up a little over $9K to dump into mods and am looking for suggestions on the best way to use my stash. I have already added the ROTOFAB CAI and BigGulp which was a no brainer. Now I am ready to go full steam ahead. I would like to get maximum HP for my money while not hurting the street drive ability of the car. I know everyone says pulley's, larger MAF, etc..etc. but I don't want to piece this together. I want a package installed from a reputable performance shop. I live in Florida and have no problem loading the car in a hauler and taking it wherever I need to go to get the best job and best value for my $9k. What does everyone think? I am looking to get the work done in the second half of August. Thanks in advance for you input.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I do not know what you can have done for that price. How much horsepower are you wanting? I know hennesey offers 700hp for around 16k so I guess it just depends on how much power you want out of your car.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We are doing a nice package in the coming weeks for Modern07... We know the ZL1s, ZR1s, and CTS-V's quite well, along with years of prior forced induction knowledge. We have plenty of client's from your area, figure about 2 hours out.

Throw us a PM with your intentions I'd be happy to discuss a modification list. Looking like with your budget a cam package, LT headers, methanol, upper pulley, lower pulley/balancer, ID-850s are definitely in a near future
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Matt gets my vote. He is top notch and best tuner on the market
Old 07-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
With your location, I would go see Matt at FSP. He will treat you right and give you great value for the mods.... Very respectable guy.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Matt has helped me big time with my build to get it back on track. Highly recommended!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Matt is brilliant I would highly recommend him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Ok, this forum has been incredibly helpful over the last 10 months and I have finally crossed over the 1500 mile break in barrier last week. I have saved up a little over $9K to dump into mods and am looking for suggestions on the best way to use my stash. I have already added the ROTOFAB CAI and BigGulp which was a no brainer. Now I am ready to go full steam ahead. I would like to get maximum HP for my money while not hurting the street drive ability of the car. I know everyone says pulley's, larger MAF, etc..etc. but I don't want to piece this together. I want a package installed from a reputable performance shop. I live in Florida and have no problem loading the car in a hauler and taking it wherever I need to go to get the best job and best value for my $9k. What does everyone think? I am looking to get the work done in the second half of August. Thanks in advance for you input.
Hey there

You absolutely need to give Matt @ FSP a call or drop him a PM - he's right on your doorstep (and mine) and has ton's of experience and is absolutely full of good advice - plus he will tell you exactly as it is and what is good value to spend money on in the build versus just having you spend money for spending sake - even though it costs him!

As he mentioned my car will be going across to him in the next couple of weeks, and we have been talking for the last month or so on what I wanted to do - I have pretty much been sending PM's daily asking questions, asking advice, changing what I wanted to do, even having second thoughts on some items, and every single time he has come back quickly and talked through my concerns with me, explained the pros and cons of different options available - crikey last night he even spent 47 minutes of his life on the phone to me telling me how the Meth Kit I'm getting will work!

I honestly can't recommend Matt enough, and if you look around this forum you will see nothing but good words from people who have worked with him.

The fact he is right on our doorstep is just a bonus.

If you have any questions at all just drop me a PM and I can talk it through with you
Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Matt is one of the best in the country and you are lucky enough to have him close.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Im taking my ZL1 to Matt soon as well. He knows his stuff.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
OK, Matt it is. PM coming shortly. Love this forum. Thanks everyone.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote