Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM   #1
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
Modding/Customizing 2SS Infotainment Center?

Hey there guys,

I will say that I am not a fan of a lot of new tech, I find a lot of it unnecessary and generally poorly built.

With that said, I am wondering what I can do to to customize it or mod it to fit what I need with more intention.

Really all I want is the settings page for ambient lighting, vehicle controls (suspension, engine noise, steering)

And tone controls for the radio.

I have plans to remove the Onstar module soon, I don't use any apps, streaming, or radio.

What I am looking for is essentially the ability to customize the shortcuts on the home screen, and also have the ability to legitimately TURN OFF the display.

They have a setting to turn it "off" but it is very clearly a backlit black screen and that's a little frustrating to me. The only way I can get it to turn off all the way is by getting the interior lighting control setting dialed in just right to where it doesn't turn off the ambient lighting.

However this turns off all the HVAC and button back lighting, which I like/don't mind.

My primary goal would be to TURN OFF THE SCREEN without having to dial down the interior lighting.

Has anyone successfully jail broken these radios?
Does anyone have a specific model number for these things, or a wiring diagram?

Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:01 PM   #2
Annihilate

Guess I'm on my own for this one.

Perhaps I'll look into this more in the summer time as there are a few minor things I'd like to change. Wonder if it will be as complicated as sidleoading a separate OS.

We shall see! Meanwhile I'll keep my eye open for a spare unit so I can comfortably look into the guts.

Old 04-20-2024, 08:11 PM   #3
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
If you keep the power button pressed I think it turns off after a couple of seconds.

Other than that, you might need custom tuning. If you kill the screen with a switch I think you could also loose other stuff, like HVAC and etc..
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:49 AM   #4
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
If you keep the power button pressed I think it turns off after a couple of seconds.

Other than that, you might need custom tuning. If you kill the screen with a switch I think you could also loose other stuff, like HVAC and etc..
Interesting.

Definitely going to be looking into this, and I'll try that power button trick. But I'd like to retain the stereo.

I know it's possible cause you can dial in the interior lighting knob to get it to shut off while keeping the ambient lighting on. Just turns off illumination for all other buttons on steering wheel and center console.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but I'd like to be able to customize this thing exactly how I want it.

Old 04-22-2024, 07:05 AM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Interesting.

Definitely going to be looking into this, and I'll try that power button trick. But I'd like to retain the stereo.

I know it's possible cause you can dial in the interior lighting knob to get it to shut off while keeping the ambient lighting on. Just turns off illumination for all other buttons on steering wheel and center console.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but I'd like to be able to customize this thing exactly how I want it.
Try contacting Chris White at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com, he does various kinds of custom programming for GM vehicles in addition to specific infotainment upgrade and software mod packages.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 09:51 AM   #6
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Try contacting Chris White at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com, he does various kinds of custom programming for GM vehicles in addition to specific infotainment upgrade and software mod packages.
This might be just what I need, I'll send him an email when I get the chance and see if we can't make something happen.